Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Poo-Flingin Build Up Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
My Poo-Flingin Build Up Thread

2014 Silver Sky Metallic

OME 884x
Bilstein 5100s
285/75/16 Cooper ATP
16" Vision Warrior 375's w/ 4.5" BS

My 2011: (Deceased)

2.5" of front lift-- Bilstein 5100 Struts / 1.5" Rear lift-- Toytec AAL + Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks

Avid Sliders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ94iemISKM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdKFQG2D9Xs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1uTBxvsKYU

I got the LC Engineering Performance Header. Good purchase! Nice little increase in power! Noticably better in stop & go traffic, and sounds awesome with my flo-pro muffler!!

Before the Billies were installed:

Was looking for a couple HP and agressive sound so I got the AFE CAI. Increased throttle response, sounds great, and made my MPG go up by 2 mpg!

I also had some hankook 265-70-16s for a little while, but I sold them to a friend for his 4runner and upgraded to the bigger ones

Current Mods:

Exterior Accessories
LCE Performance Ceramic Coated Header
Bilstein 5100 Height adjustable front struts @ 2.5"
Toytec AAL
Avid Offroad Bolt-On Sliders
AFE Pro Dry S Cold Air Intake Filter
Flo-Pro Performance Exhaust, dumped after rear axle
265/75/16 Kuhmo Road Venture AT
16" inch FJ Cruiser TRD wheels
Fogs
5% Tint all around w/ bar on the windshield
Chrome Grill
Tacoma Bed Mat
Frame-Mounted Tow Hitch
Debadged
De-Flapped
Old 07-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good dude, love those wheels. Your plans sound good too, I say derp the front emblem, color match the grill, and maybe add some fog lights. Good job so far though!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
nice, poo flinging FTW
Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well, I spent the money on a magnaflow this morning. I do know that butt dyno is inaccurate, but I think I picked up maybe a couple of HP, because it feels like it slightly has more get-up. However, I have eliminated the desire for a CAI because this thing is LOUD AS FUCK. I guess I didn't know what to expect as far as sound goes. It sounds badass when I start it up, a nice low rumble, but anytime I get above 2000 rpms it is pretty damn loud. I don't think I want to take it off yet, but is there anything the shop can do to make it any quieter in the cab?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
Large Breast Enthusiast

I'll post a video of it tonight
Old 07-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
crawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the rough

crawldad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
Well, I spent the money on a magnaflow this morning. I do know that butt dyno is inaccurate, but I think I picked up maybe a couple of HP, because it feels like it slightly has more get-up. However, I have eliminated the desire for a CAI because this thing is LOUD AS FUCK. I guess I didn't know what to expect as far as sound goes. It sounds badass when I start it up, a nice low rumble, but anytime I get above 2000 rpms it is pretty damn loud. I don't think I want to take it off yet, but is there anything the shop can do to make it any quieter in the cab?
I had that happen with a Durango. My wife didn't like it so loud so i took it back to the shop and they installed a resonator. It still sounded good but just a little mellower without the drone.
BTW I like what you've done with your truck. I'm thinking about getting those wheels. Problem is I change my mind like 3 times a day.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
Large Breast Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldad View Post
I had that happen with a Durango. My wife didn't like it so loud so i took it back to the shop and they installed a resonator. It still sounded good but just a little mellower without the drone.
BTW I like what you've done with your truck. I'm thinking about getting those wheels. Problem is I change my mind like 3 times a day.
Thanks man. I change mine too. I can't decide if I want to lift it now, later, or when its time to get new tires, but I change my mind almost daily haha.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #8
Large Breast Enthusiast

derpage
Old 07-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #9
Large Breast Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldad View Post
How much difference did the resonator make? And I don't know much about them, but do they take away any of the performance aspects of putting on an aftermarket muffler?
Old 08-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
Large Breast Enthusiast

Quick Update: I installed an AFE CAI on my taco, and after filling up the first full tank, I'm pleased to say my MPG went up by 2 mpg!!! I wasn't expecting this at all. There is also a definitely noticeable improvement in throttle response.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #12
Large Breast Enthusiast

Got a new job and a raise so I bought some Billys and an LCE Header! Pics to come when they arrive!
Old 09-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #13
Large Breast Enthusiast

BILLYS INSTALLED TODAY

Old 09-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #14
Large Breast Enthusiast

Got my LCE header in today. Installation looks like its gonna be a bitchMy Poo-Flingin Build Up Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348690622.885309.jpg
Old 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #15
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
I'm diggin the ride man you should add some more pix
Old 10-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #16
Large Breast Enthusiast

Finally got this bitch in today. Great purchase. I noticed a definite increase in low end. Compliments my CAI perfectly too. May need to get a different muffler because it seems as if it took away the low rumble that I liked and gave it more of a constant performance tone. We will see!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #17
Large Breast Enthusiast

Old pic I forgot to add My Poo-Flingin Build Up Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1349579637.828315.jpg
Old 10-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #18
Large Breast Enthusiast

Not 100% taco related, but took this cool pic while driving down I-10 tonight. Mobile bay is such a cool stretch of road. My Poo-Flingin Build Up Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1349579712.261839.jpg
Old 10-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much difference did the resonator make? And I don't know much about them, but do they take away any of the performance aspects of putting on an aftermarket muffler?
I think the CAI gave extra power because it effectively deleted the OEM intake's carbon secondary filter. You could put back the OEM intake, rip out the secondary filter, and get the power increase without any added noise. Run an AFE drop-in filter PN 31-10123.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...r-removal.html
Old 10-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #20
bjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brian
bjasper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
AY YALL

Bought my 2011 Reg cab 4x4 a few months back and and sharin with yall what I put on this little 2 seated sex machine

Hahaha. Good reference to your truck..