Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

La0d0g's Rig

Old 04-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #121
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man! hows the power and acceleration with the 35's on there?
Old 04-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #122
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Well the bumper got chopped and capped and the CMC completed on Friday (thanks Eric!). MTRs were mounted and balanced yesterday. I have a little bit of rub at full lock passenger in reverse and I think if I flex hard I'll rub the UCA so I might do some small spacer action on the front, time will tell. Overall I'm super happy with how it turned out.

Rolled up to Peavine this morning to see how she felt. Oblig truck pr0n poser shots...

Quoted to bring to next page

Looks beast no doubt matt! Too bad you were busy this afternoon, went on a fun little run.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #123
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Huh, mine touches when flexed sometimes but not on the road. Do you have everything tightened up
Yeah, we tightened everything up good.. Im sure it settled a little on the way home. Ill crank everything down again.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #124
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Looks good man! hows the power and acceleration with the 35's on there?
Thanks! its not as bad as I thought it would be but cant wait to regear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Quoted to bring to next page

Looks beast no doubt matt! Too bad you were busy this afternoon, went on a fun little run.
Yeah I wish I could have joined you. Did you make it up to the flats?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #125
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Matt, I know those are 35's, but does that mean they are 305/75/16 or 315/75/16?

I always thought 35's were 305's and 315's were 36's? Or am I wrong?

Matt
Old 04-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #126
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Matt, I know those are 35's, but does that mean they are 305/75/16 or 315/75/16?

I always thought 35's were 305's and 315's were 36's? Or am I wrong?

Matt
They're 315. Actually a little under 35". I like the tire size calc on here to check sizes.

tire size calculator
Old 04-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #127
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have pics of the CMC that was done? I am assuming this was a complete rebuild of the cab mount since I had to max caster to clear 33s with a standard one piece cut and plate with BAMF CMC plate. How much was it to have the fender clearancing done? How much was the cab mount chop?

Just wondering what kind of scratch it will take to redo my fenders and cab mounts to clear 35s. Also what is the ride quality like? My rear is already stiff with just TSB +1.5" Icon and OMEs. Wondering of the D rated tires and Dakars smoothe things out for you since i am running E rated.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #128
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Do you have pics of the CMC that was done? I am assuming this was a rebuild of the cab mount since I had to max caster to clear 33s with a standard one piece cut and plate. How much was it to have the fender clearancing done?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #129

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you have pics of the CMC that was done? I am assuming this was a complete rebuild of the cab mount since I had to max caster to clear 33s with a standard one piece cut and plate with BAMF CMC plate. How much was it to have the fender clearancing done? How much was the cab mount chop?

Just wondering what kind of scratch it will take to redo my fenders and cab mounts to clear 35s. Also what is the ride quality like? My rear is already stiff with just TSB +1.5" Icon and OMEs. Wondering of the D rated tires and Dakars smoothe things out for you since i am running E rated.
Here are a couple pics of the CMC. One piece plate. Like I said in the MGM thread, there is a little rubbing but I'm not close to maxing caster right now so I'll continue to mess with it.

Got a deal on the CMC since I helped a buddy move and the fenders didn't cost anything since I did the work. Actually that is a lie, I spent about $25 for cutoff wheels

Ride quality is great with the Dakars. Pretty stiff but that's how I want it to be. Not much difference between the KM2s and the MTRs just a little louder
Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #130
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much was it to have the fender clearancing done? How much was the cab mount chop?

Just wondering what kind of scratch it will take to redo my fenders and cab mounts to clear 35s.
He did the fenders himself ( #86 & #101 ) & I don't know what Eric or others would charge for the CMC&C.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #131
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
sick ride brotha
Old 04-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #132
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Take a sledge to it - hard.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #133

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
He did the fenders himself ( #86 & #101 ) & I don't know what Eric or others would charge for the CMC&C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevoh View Post
sick ride brotha
Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #134
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome! Very nice work.

However, I believe you'll find that you're gonna need to chop more off the cab mount, and pound the firewall near it in a bit more. Caster doesn't really change it that much in that spot when compressed.

Also, the other spot you'll most likely hit, is the front fender well area, near where the washer fluid bolts in on the pass side (and same area on driver side of course). Just fold over the small pinch weld there, easy to do with some pliers and small hammer. The rest of that area is smooth, so rubbing it is no biggie.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #135

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
Looks awesome! Very nice work.

However, I believe you'll find that you're gonna need to chop more off the cab mount, and pound the firewall near it in a bit more. Caster doesn't really change it that much in that spot when compressed.

Also, the other spot you'll most likely hit, is the front fender well area, near where the washer fluid bolts in on the pass side (and same area on driver side of course). Just fold over the small pinch weld there, easy to do with some pliers and small hammer. The rest of that area is smooth, so rubbing it is no biggie.
Appreciate the feedback. The sledgehammer will continue to stay out of the toolbox until complete.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #136
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Appreciate the feedback. The sledgehammer will continue to stay out of the toolbox until complete.
Mine is on the front passenger floor.....

Just be careful. The firewall splits pretty easily if you pound it too hard
Old 04-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #137

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
Mine is on the front passenger floor.....

Just be careful. The firewall splits pretty easily if you pound it too hard
Old 04-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #138
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And you can make it so your clutch pedal won't go fully down.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #139
heavy user
mm1ssdv is on a distinguished road

Navy: nuke sub mechanic / diver
Name: Chris
mm1ssdv's Tacoma Gallery
i like your truck a lot! it's like...all function and no flash.
that's my style too

now i need some relentless steel.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #140

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
And you can make it so your clutch pedal won't go fully down.
Haha, I think I'll skip that mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1ssdv View Post
i like your truck a lot! it's like...all function and no flash.
that's my style too

now i need some relentless steel.
Thanks man and yes, everyone should have some Relentless steel underneath them