Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

La0d0g's Rig

Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #161
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Added some bed bars and Yak basket to get my spare out of the bed when I go camping. I need to take the bars off and paint them this weekend. I like how it turned out.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #162
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! if I didnt have the shell I would do bed bars for sure.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #163
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Matt
Old 05-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #164
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Looks good! if I didnt have the shell I would do bed bars for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Nice Matt
Thanks gents!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #165
Just a Taco guy, both food & truck
TheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christopher
TheRedTac0's Tacoma Gallery
I like your build man looks awesome!
Battle Born Tacomas all the way! (NV Tacos)
Old 05-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #166

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedTac0 View Post
I like your build man looks awesome!
Battle Born Tacomas all the way! (NV Tacos)
Thanks!

BBT FTW!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #167

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Hooked up with Max this weekend and we swapped out our gears. My 3.73s for his 4.56s. Getting my CVs out was a total PITA but finally the bigger hammer method prevailed. Much thanks to Max, Colt, and Jared for making it happen and showing me WTF was up!

Truck is back to having some pep in its step!

Only took two shitty pics after we finished the rears.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #168
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
How does it feel with the 4.56 and 315s? Hows the mileage too?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #169

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
How does it feel with the 4.56 and 315s? Hows the mileage too?
It feels great to have the power back Much like it was when stock, which is nice.

No clue on MPG yet but I will be filling up today so first tank data will be available in about 10 days. I'm sure its going to suck because when I ran 265s it sucked. I'll post the results when I have them.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #170
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
It feels great to have the power back Much like it was when stock, which is nice.

No clue on MPG yet but I will be filling up today so first tank data will be available in about 10 days. I'm sure its going to suck because when I ran 265s it sucked. I'll post the results when I have them.
Nice man I'm excited to hear the results. Not that I really care about mpgs at this point but am just curious
Old 05-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #171

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Nice man I'm excited to hear the results. Not that I really care about mpgs at this point but am just curious
Yeah, you can't really care about MPGs when you have a bunch of metal hanging off a not so efficient V6, lol.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #172
McBuckets
Quote:
Yeah, you can't really care about MPGs when you have a bunch of metal hanging off a not so efficient V6, lol.
Exactly lol
Old 05-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #173
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just looked through this whole build! I am very impressed. I love your fenders they look great. This is a great reference to come back to once I decide to start hacking up my truck to fit 35's.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #174

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Just looked through this whole build! I am very impressed. I love your fenders they look great. This is a great reference to come back to once I decide to start hacking up my truck to fit 35's.
Let me know if you have any questions when you decide to go there.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #175
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome build you got going there Matt! How are you liking the MTR's so far? Rubbing much at all? My new wheels will have 4.5" BS so I hope mine don't rub too badly lol
Old 05-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #176

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Awesome build you got going there Matt! How are you liking the MTR's so far? Rubbing much at all? My new wheels will have 4.5" BS so I hope mine don't rub too badly lol
Thanks! MTRs are sweet so far. Not as noisy as I thought they would be.

I have some rubbing on my UCAs at lock and flex, not too bad but I might look at going with some 4" BS steelies in the future. Though I know that will just cause rubbing in a different spot. I guess I'll pick the one that F's shit the least. We'll see
Old 06-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #177

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Went out with a couple of friends this weekend for some camping and light wheeling on the Carson River. Weather wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and the temperature didn't seem to get as high as they were predicting. Even caught a couple rainbows while we were out, good times!

On the way in, there are some trenches off to the side of the trail and I hit them up to test my flex and rubbing. Only rubbed noticeably during one section and I think it was against the top of the passenger side front wheel well. It was short lived and felt/sounded fairly benign. I should have gotten out and checked where it was hitting but it had been a long day and I was eager to get to the site and have a cold beer.

Here are some pics.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #178
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Please stop posting pictures of your truck.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Matt
Old 06-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #179

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Please stop posting pictures of your truck.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Matt
Sorry
Old 06-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #180
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
On the way in, there are some trenches off to the side of the trail and I hit them up to test my flex and rubbing. Only rubbed noticeably during one section and I think it was against the top of the passenger side front wheel well. It was short lived and felt/sounded fairly benign. I should have gotten out and checked where it was hitting but it had been a long day and I was eager to get to the site and have a cold beer.
Make sure you folded over the small pinch weld up in that front top area. That's where mine hit. The weld folds over easily, and will leave just the smooth part of the well for the tire to hit.