Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

La0d0g's Rig

Old 07-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
La0d0g's Rig

Like others, I wanted to create a thread to track the modifications/changes to my truck and share them with the greater TW community. I’m also going to use this thread to document the trips and adventures I have in my truck.

Bought mid-2010

My truck as of 4/1/14:

2010 Tacoma - Double cab - MGM - TRD Off-road - Manual 4x4

courtesy of skidooman

Mechanical Upgrades (or whatever you want to call it):
- 4.56 gears
- Airflow snorkel
- URD short throw shifter
- Magnaflow exhaust, dumped

Suspension/Wheels/Tires:
- 315/75 r16 MTRs
- ProComp 7089
Front
- OME 886s
- OME 9000 Nitrochargers
- 5mm trim packer
- TC UCAs
- Phucka swaybar mod
- Superbumps
Rear
- Dakars
- Relentless u-bolt flip kit
- Hacked bump stops
- 5100 with shock extenders

Armor:
- Bud Built skids - IFS and mid
- Relentless Fabrication t-case skid
- Relentless Fabrication hybrid sliders
- Relentless Fabrication HC rear bumper
- Relentless Fabrication front bumper w/summit hoop
- BAMF LCA skids

Extraction Gear:
- Hi-Lift 60”
- Hi-Lift off road kit, base, and fix it kit
- Bow saw
- Smittybilt mud boards
- Full length shovel
- VIAir 300p air compressor
- Shackles
- Warn 3”x30’21,600lbs recovery strap
- Warn M8000 with synthetic line
- ARB snatch block
- ARB 3" x 16' tree strap
- Tire repair kit
- Warn Premium Winch Hook (read: it has a built in bottle opener)

External Mods and Stuff:
- 12” shorty antennae
- Debadged including TRD stickers
- OEM non-LED taillights
- Rear differential breather relocate
- Satoshi Grille with FJ emblem
- Bed mat
- PIAA 510 Super Whites
- Removed mud flaps
- Hi-Lift bedrail mounts
- Quick Fists clamps mounted to bed rails for shovel
- Bedside bottle opener
- Relentless bed corner tie down brackets
- 3" extended steel braided brake lines
- Chopped fenders and fender flares
- Bed tube bars and basket for spare tire
- Extra d-rings in the bed
- Bed mounted fire extinguisher
- Relentless CB hood hinge mount
- 4' Firestik
- BAMF behind grille light bar
- 20" double row combo light bar (spot and flood)
- BHLM
- DieHard Platinum 31M wrapped in Pelfreybilt battery cage
- Cubby hole d-ring mod to hold scepter cans

Internal Mods and Stuff:

- Tint
- Seatbelt chime disable
- Alarm chirp disable
- First aid kit and duct tape
- Driver’s seat Maglite holder
- WeatherTech all-weather floor mats
- Ultra Gauge
- Red LED map lights
- Ultra white LED dome light
- Cobra 75
- Wet Okole (black and charcoal)

Future Mods/Gear/Etc
- Silicone windshield molding
- Redline hood struts (in possession but not installed)
- OBA
- Duel battery and some snazzy fuse setup

Stuff I Need to Work On/Repair
- Change spark plugs
- Form and install pillar brace for snorkel
- Repair front grille or satoshi OEM grille and replace
- Redline hood strut install

Shortly after pickup:

After debadging:

ATO Hi-Lift mounts:

Differential breather mod:

884s, 5100s, wheels, and tires:

Budbuilt front and mid skids:

Getting sliders welded on:

Rear bumper:

Bottle opener:

Starting the work on dremeling out my FJ emblem:

Attaching the screws to the emblem:

Satoshi Grille and FJ emblem ready to go:

Satoshi & front bumper:

A few pictures from being out and about (from older to newer):

Stock flexin at Boca

First time getting stuck in the snow on Peavine

Peavine

Knott Creek Reservoir

The Cold Springs trenches

In the trenches

Bud's Canyon

Milton Reservoir

Blue Lakes

Hunter Creek Trail

Dawn on Peavine

Thanks for looking and thanks to all that have helped me out.

Shout out to Relentless Fabrication for making bulletproof goodies!

I'll be posting more content as I make changes to the truck.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
pretend this is a clever saying
brandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
brandonn's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Stealin' the bottle opener idea
Old 07-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man, could be one of my favorite mods
Old 07-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
you inspired me! i just bought a bottle opener to mount in my bed! haha

also, 884s for the win.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Are you in northern nevada? If so there is the 775 bs thread to check out
Nice build!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #6

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
Are you in northern nevada? If so there is the 775 bs thread to check out
Nice build!
Thanks, I just subscribed.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good Matt.
You should talk to Josh about the 886s they were too stiff with all the stuff he had on his Taco.
More CS Trenches pics

Old 07-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #11

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
I chatted with Josh about 886s when we were working on my suspension. He told me about them being stiff but I was thinking the 886s would be a good fit with the bumper, winch, and having the sway bar off. Plus I figure the stiffness would match the Dakar's stiffness

Anyone else have any input? 885s or 886s?

And thanks for posting the pics Randy!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #12
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Josh had bumpers, winch, skids & sliders with & without sway bar, but he only had an AC not a DC so who knows?
Old 07-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Josh changed his set up like 3 or 4 times. Nothing seemed to please him.

I have 886s. Just recently I added 1/2 top plates. I like em just fine.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #14

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I forgot about the additional weight from the skids. I'll make my final decision next month when I order them but I think I'll be sticking with the 886s.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #15
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Subbing. Good looking truck.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #16

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Relocated my hi-lift from the back of the bed to the passenger side and switched to a shorter handled shovel to accommodate my new corner tie down brackets thingys. They worked great this weekend securing the kayak on our way to the lake.

These will definitely help with securing my pontoon boat over the action packers on fishing trips.

Also made sure the Hi-lift was lubed and ready to go while I had it off. Check.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #18

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Nice build. Really like the Satoshi.
Thanks for the compliment. Homer makes a great product!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #19

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Dumped my exhaust after the axle this weekend.

I cleaned up the cut with a file after taking the picture.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #20

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Finished installing my Warn 8000 a couple weeks ago. I lengthened the control box cables to be able to stash it under my hood instead of on top of the winch.

Used it twice this weekend at Slickrock and it worked perfectly.