Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Brandon's "I have no idea what I'm doing" build

Old 07-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
pretend this is a clever saying
brandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
brandonn's Tacoma Gallery
Brandon's "I have no idea what I'm doing" build

A little background:

I bought this truck in April 2010 with 34k miles on it after I totaled my '97 f150.

It's a 2007 Tacoma Sport Double cab and came with a bunch of upgrades when I bought it from the dealer. These include: lift, wheels/tires, and nfab steps.

I'm not the most educated guy when it comes to trucks, so I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know as much as I should about my truck. I'm not sure what kind of lift it has on it, or even what else what does to the suspension.

But, I recently started really getting into modding it so here's where I am today

First thing I did was add an old bull bar that I had, which will soon hold 2 Hella 700's.

Then i debadged and blacked out the emblems:

And here's where it sits today:

Next up:
  • Black weathertechs
  • Wet Okole (I actually bought some from a guy on here, but I just realized they won't fit my truck because I'm an idiot , so if anyone needs the a set of front black/charcol Wet Okole's for an SR5 bucket seats, let me know!)
  • Bushwacker fender flares
  • LED taillights
Old 07-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck! Post up some pics of the suspension and we can help identify it for you.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
brandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
Good looking truck! Post up some pics of the suspension and we can help identify it for you.
Here's a few pictures, not sure what all I needed to look for.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Spindles and AAL?
Old 07-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Spindles and AAL?

is that just putting a spacer between the leafs?
Old 07-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Can you take a pic of the front suspension from the front of the truck?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #9

Did a little playing on the bulldozer today while the taco watched

also installed the new radio. App Radio 2..love it so far!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #10
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
What model Pioneer and how much, if you don't mind? Looks good along with the rest of the truck. As far as your lift goes, I have no idea at all but the shocks look like they're still the stock bilsteins. No labels on the coils or spindles?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
What model Pioneer and how much, if you don't mind? Looks good along with the rest of the truck. As far as your lift goes, I have no idea at all but the shocks look like they're still the stock bilsteins. No labels on the coils or spindles?
SPH-DA100, I paid $320 on Amazon refurbished.

And nope, no labels. I'll figure it out eventually.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #12
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
My double din in my old truck was from amazon reurbished, had it for 3 years and not problems. It was a kenwood. Only thing I can think of as of now for your coils, they may either be OME (old man emu) or Eibach's considering they're black in color, just a guess. I'm sure more people will chime in and be able to tell you what it is more than I can (still new to tacoma's and learning as I go as well)
Old 07-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #13

Got bored and added a light bar for my bed

Old 08-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #14

little update

powdercoated my wheels

Old 08-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks looking great bud!!

Your thread title cracks me up!
Old 08-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Trucks looking great bud!!

Your thread title cracks me up!
Thank ya sir! haha and yeah I'm slowly figuring everything out!