Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Here we go!

Old 07-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
05MaroonTacoma is on a distinguished road
05MaroonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Here we go!

Here are the pictures of the truck as it stands now. First things first, removed the front mud flaps, front license plate, cleaned the headlights using the Turlte Wax Headlight Restoration Kit, and ordered the step-up bars which are delayed in shipping! Frustrating!

Here we go!-beginning-side.jpg

Here we go!-beginning-rear.jpg

To DO List:
New Tires debating... Either BF Goodrich AT KO or Nitto AT in a 265/70 17
New tires will go on Tacoma Aluminum Alloy wheels, sitting in boxes in my garage, again Frustrating!
Install Step-up Bars.
Install a 3 in. leveling kit.
Complete repaint in the next month. Waiting on Body Shop to call, can't say frustrating, Dad owns the shop and my brother is the painter, can't complain when it's on the cheap by the best Body Shop around!

To Decide...Do I want to do anything to the front of the vehicle???
Brush Guard...Grille...so many options...

Before and after shot of headlight cleaned with kit mentioned above. very happy. $10.00

Here we go!-headlightbefore.jpg

Results...
Here we go!-headlightcleaned.jpg
Old 07-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
Ok so I've decided on the LT265/70R17 E 121Q NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER 31.6, but before i drop $1,200.00. Does anyone have reviews on these tires?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
If it was me I would go with the BFG AT or Goodyear Duratrac's if your wanting a meater tire. Never been a big fan of the trail grapplers.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MaroonTacoma View Post
Ok so I've decided on the LT265/70R17 E 121Q NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER 31.6, but before i drop $1,200.00. Does anyone have reviews on these tires?
Loud as fuck, but a pretty good offroad tire. Get a hold of MontanaTaco. He has them on his truck right now. Other than being super heavy, they seem nice.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
Updated!

Tires and wheels, with new step up bars.
Attached Thumbnails
Here we go!-tacomaupdated.jpg  
Old 09-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #7
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MaroonTacoma View Post
Tires and wheels, with new step up bars.
Looks good!