JoMo's Taco Build

Old 07-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
JoMo's Taco is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sergeant
Name: Joey
JoMo's Taco's Tacoma Gallery
JoMo's Taco Build

JoMo's Taco!

May 2009, I bought my ’06 Tacoma with a little over 50K miles, completely stock!

First mod was to change out the deck with my old Pioneer. Ran the USB (later an AUX cable as well) through a little hole keeping everything nice a clean. Also, put in an adapter to keep all the steering wheel controls active with my iPod!

A year later and fresh off a deployment, threw OME front and rear shocks and an Add-a-leaf package for a simple 3” lift. Waiting for tires and wheels to still come in….

In the meantime, my younger brother got himself an ’06 TRD Sport.

Andres hooked it up with some horns!!

Tires finally arrived just in time to make our trip to Vegas for our Marine Corps Ball!! BFG T/A KO 265/75R/16.

Thank you Jerez, finally got rid of the ugly orange!!

Custom Tacoma Mat & 11.8” Razo Mirror!!

New wheels came in but the caps took 3 extra months to follow… Eagle Alloy Series 185. Nice little trip to San Francisco! (Without my caps)

Caps!!

Changed out grills, kept the horns! (GrillCraft mesh)

Custom Black and Charcoal piped Wet Okole Seat Covers!!

Painted the grill to match the Indigo Ink, and got the back windows tinted to 10%. Should have cleaned her up first…

4” Camburg Spindles, Prorunner Rear Shocks with a 3 inch block on top of the AAL, and BFG T/A KO 315/75R/16.

How she sits now…

Other Mods:
Foglights anytime
LED Map Lights
Tailgate Lock

Possible Future Mods:
Black Headlights
Bed Lights
12V Bed Outlet
Power Sliding Rear Window
Old 07-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
damn that thing sits high!! but it loooks siiiick cause its a Double Cab Long Bed FTW!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #7
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunajoe13 View Post
Love it!! Do your tires rub? I'm doing a similar build and can't decide on how big a tire I want to go with yet... Also about how much total lift do you have and whats your mpg? LOL. Really appreciate it bro!
Here's how much we cut out to prevent any rub, but ironically, I still get a bit in the back side of the tire...

It's 7" lift, and with the 315 tires pushes the top of my hood to almost 80 inches... My mpgs also dropped dramatically, haven't got the numbers on, but I should be able to figure that out on this weekends trip. All in all though, it's totally worth sitting high with a smooth ride!
and thanks for your compliments!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck...nice beagle...are you running stock UCAs? Hard to tell looking at your pics. Thanks
Old 09-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
Nice truck...nice beagle...are you running stock UCAs? Hard to tell looking at your pics. Thanks
Haha Thanks!! Yeah I'm running stock UCAs. There's one picture, but you're right its not the best. But stock UCAs
Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #10
cdecast82 is on a distinguished road
cdecast82's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet taco. I have the same color, but an '08 Sport. Well done bro. How did you change your front dash to white and blue? I want to get rid of the ugly orange as well LOL.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdecast82 View Post
Sweet taco. I have the same color, but an '08 Sport. Well done bro. How did you change your front dash to white and blue? I want to get rid of the ugly orange as well LOL.
I had a friend down here in SoCal do it. His name is Jerez and here's the link:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...auge-swap.html

He's really good and does it for a decent price. All you need to do is follow the thread and order the LED's you want to change to. Order extra in case one is faulty or you change your mind about something. Here's a few pics of mine and my brothers he did.