LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Turd Herding Jim's Impulse Red AC build

Old 08-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
What's wrong bro, DERPes flaring up?
Turd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Hull Technician 2nd Class
Name: Big Jim
Turd Herding Jim's Tacoma Gallery
Turd Herding Jim's Radiant Red AC build

Figure I'll finally start a build page so here goes!

Truck: 2007 SR5 4x4, Impulse Red, I4 5 Speed Manual, Tow Package.
Suspension: Extended Travel ICON non-RR front coilovers front with ICON tubular UCAs, ICON RR shocks with ICON 1.5" AALs.
Wheels/Tires: 16x8.5 Bronze Level 8 Guardians wrapped in 285/75/16 Falken Rocky Mtns
Armor: Custom driveway made front bumper made with 2" square steel tubing, garage fabbed skid plate
Drivetrain: ECGS replacement 3rd member and clamshell with ARB air-lockers and 4.56 gears
Lighting: stock housings with BiXenon HID setup.
AUDIO/VIDEO: Pioneer BT3300/DVD

[B]The day I brought it home...March 9th, 2012

After alignment post Icon Install

First replacement bumper a TW member hooked me up with(Bandit)\

Started building my own bumper

How bumper currently sits with paint(still working with final design)

New wheels and tires, with great Gatorade product placement!

Edit 9/27/12:
Had a pretty productive week with my 3 days off, stripped off the jacked up powder coat on the bumper sprayed it with bedliner. I then made a skid plate from 12ga. steel plate also sprayed with bedliner. I then removed the grill sprayed it again with bedliner, and then gave the Toyota emblem a good coat of red with metal flake.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
Turd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
when you going to get the diff's installed?
Sitting here at the oceana auto hobby shop right now! Just doing the rear today, remove the front drive shaft and roll pre-runner style for a week
Old 08-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #4
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Great build so far!
Old 08-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #5
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Herding Jim View Post
Sitting here at the oceana auto hobby shop right now! Just doing the rear today, remove the front drive shaft and roll pre-runner style for a week

Nice...are you by yourself? I though you were going to get it done with Burry and Ryan.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #6
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck cool bumper figured out bumper design yet?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Instructor: AAAB/Bravo Co 1-210 AVN REGT/128th AVN BDE (Provisional)
Name: Ryan Mathis
Location: Lives: Newport News, VA(soon to be Ft. Carson)/Home: Leesburg, GA
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
u know u have a radiant red and not impulse red right?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #8
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Nice...are you by yourself? I though you were going to get it done with Burry and Ryan.
barry couldnt this weekend and we were going to do it next weekend but looks like he is gettin impatient
Old 08-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
Old 08-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #10

Quote:
details I can't believe how easy it was to do the rear! Myself and a guy a work with knocked it out already. I didn't mess with the compressor at all, saving that and the front end for next weekend. Just removed the front drive shaft for a little 2x4 action this week.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
Dark Lord of the Sith

everything work on? no issues with havin a different front gear? just want to make sure. gladu got it in and told u that one wouldnt be hard
Old 08-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #12

Quote:
everything work on? no issues with havin a different front gear? just want to make sure. gladu got it in and told u that one wouldnt be hard
Ohhh there would be issues with it having different gears if I were to put it in 4wd, thats why I just yanked out the front drive shaft to prevent a grenade going off for the time being. I'm going to NEED you and Barry next weekend
Old 08-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #13
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Herding Jim View Post
Ohhh there would be issues with it having different gears if I were to put it in 4wd, thats why I just yanked out the front drive shaft to prevent a grenade going off for the time being. I'm going to NEED you and Barry next weekend
i didnt think there would be. but dont change the switch either. that will make ur front diff "active" and might not like the differents in gears but doubt that would be an issue.

u glad to get ur get up and go back some?
Old 08-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #14

Quote:
i didnt think there would be. but dont change the switch either. that will make ur front diff "active" and might not like the differents in gears but doubt that would be an issue.

u glad to get ur get up and go back some?
Its so much nicer!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #17
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
BURRY
potato

Old 08-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #19
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Very nice build!

I've asked this to a few I4 5speed drivers and have gotten mixed answers. But what do you think for the 5sp being someones first manual vehicle?
Old 08-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #20

It's the easiest manual pickup I've ever drove. However, it's not the easiest one to start off with. There is a lot of weight with this truck, so in my opinion it's always easier to start off my a small manual car. My first car was an 86 Ford tempo with a 5 speed. Then again I grew up on dirt bikes so the clutch and gas method was already familiar with me, just went from hand to feet

Products Discussed in this Thread