Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TacoDaddy's SoCal Build

Old 09-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoDaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton77 View Post
Nice truck man! I have an 09 white AC and was planning on doing the exact same mods (wheels, grill and lights). Now I know what my truck will look like.
Mean. Like a truck is supposed to! Thanks for the comments!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #23
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
MMM
Bro lean & braaaaaaappp!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #25
Just call me Daddy

Gracias carnal
Old 09-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #26
Señor Fresco
DannyBFresco is on a distinguished road

Name: Danny
DannyBFresco's Tacoma Gallery
that wheel/tire combo is
Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #27
Just call me Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBFresco View Post
that wheel/tire combo is
thanks bud
Old 10-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #28
Just call me Daddy

So I finally decided to finish painting my dash and to try out SEM ColorCoat to change my interior to black.

I pulled off the dash piece with the vents and scuffed it with a Scotch Brite pad. Then I used 3m Fine Line tape to mask off the trim around the vent.

I used Krylon flat black for the surround and Krylon Fusion gloss white to do the trim piece. Here it is installed.

You can see the 4 bolts for the radio that you have to remove to take this piece out. Once the bolts are loose, this piece will just pull away from the dash.
This is how it looks with the radio dash kit installed (minus the radio dash kit trim piece)

Here you can see all of the white accent pieces painted and installed. Thanks to Moose1988 for the idea. The steering wheel logo, tweeter ring, speedo rings, and AC vents have been given the white treatment.

I'm currently changing the color of my center console to black with SEM Color Coat - Landau Black. Here's a teaser shot, more photos and a complete write up coming soon!

Old 10-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #29
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
That looks clean as all hell!

I couldnt do that with my Desert Sand Mica,

the black and white look sick

Nice work!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #30
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Damn i love those wheels haha and all your lighting too nice work for sure! Surprised i havent seen this build until now though. Cant wait to see what you do with it in the future man
Old 10-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #31
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
subd, sick build man! I'm always drooling over your sig pic whenever i see your posts haha
Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #32
Just call me Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
subd, sick build man! I'm always drooling over your sig pic whenever i see your posts haha
hahaha thanks! i need some suspension soon!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #33
Just call me Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinramsay View Post
Damn i love those wheels haha and all your lighting too nice work for sure! Surprised i havent seen this build until now though. Cant wait to see what you do with it in the future man
thanks man!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #34
Just call me Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
to be honest, your truck was one of the reasons i bought a tacoma.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #35
Just call me Daddy

So I finished doing my center console in Landau Black with SEM Color Coat a few weeks back but have been lagging on taking pics so here it is:
I finished sanding the bumps off the shifter piece and painted it black with Krylon flat black. After this I used 2-part epoxy to seal the bezel back on.

To remove the console you have to pull that piece off, remove these four screws:

and the two bolts inside the glove box on the bottom. Pull the glove box backward and then pull up on it to release it from the forward piece and then pull the forward piece backward to release it from the dash. To prep these pieces for the SEM Color Coat, I scuffed them with a red ScotchBrite pad and them washed them with dish detergent to remove all oil, etc. Once they dried, I applied a thin coating of Bulldog Adhesion Promoter. After letting the Bulldog sit for about 5-10 minutes, I started fogging the piece with the SEM. I did about 3 coats of black on everything and here's how it turned out:

It looks like it came that way from the factory which I love. To complete the white theme, I bought a white ball shifter off of eBay for about $30 and put it all back together.

And here's a picture of all the black and white together in harmony:

Voila! Any questions, you know who to ask!

I'm now waiting to receive my door inserts and armrest cover from RedlineGoods.com. They're gonna be black Alcantara and black Napa leather separated with white double stitching. To be continued...
Old 10-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #36
Just call me Daddy

interior write up here
Old 10-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #37
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Seeing your build and wheel combo with the white just decided me on gunmetal Konig Countersteer's. I was going to go with the matte bronze on my truck but I think this dark gunmetal would look better

Sick Ride!

~M
Old 10-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #38
Just call me Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Seeing your build and wheel combo with the white just decided me on gunmetal Konig Countersteer's. I was going to go with the matte bronze on my truck but I think this dark gunmetal would look better

Sick Ride!

~M
thanks man! the gunmetal is subtle where as the bronze is flashy. i'm a subtle kind of guy.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #39
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed, the matte bronze wasn't as crazy as the older bronze but it still is a pretty big contrast. Glad I saw your truck because I was on the fence

keep up the stellar build.

~M
Old 10-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #40
hobo yota is on a distinguished road

hobo yota's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a write up on how to remove the speedo rings and tweeter rings, because I would really like to do this!