Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Project apocalypto

Old 08-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
hokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hokiruu's Tacoma Gallery
Wasn't this for sale awhile ago? I'm glad you're keeping it if you changed your mind.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #22
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
good looking truck. how much does it weigh and what tubing did you use for your cage? is it tagged? are you still running the stock toyota rear end or did you upgrade to a tundra axle?
Old 08-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #23
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
good looking truck. how much does it weigh and what tubing did you use for your cage? is it tagged? are you still running the stock toyota rear end or did you upgrade to a tundra axle?
At one point I had it down to 4000lbs wet, but I don't know where it's at now. It's 1.75" .120 wall USA DOM. Unbelievably still on stock yota axles, although I did change out to 4.88's. If it ain't broke... Still street legal although cops hate it so I am very cautious driving it around.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #24
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
No, I'm a doppler radar nerd for the National Weather Service now, but I spent 10 years in the Army as a missile dude and used DARPA products. If this was DARPA it would be way cooler. Like remote controlled with a UAV launching platform on the back and missile pods all over it lol. Alas, I'm restrained to using conventional weapons against the onslaught of the ferocious Eastern Oregon ground squirrel.
WIN.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #25
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
At one point I had it down to 4000lbs wet, but I don't know where it's at now. It's 1.75" .120 wall USA DOM. Unbelievably still on stock yota axles, although I did change out to 4.88's. If it ain't broke... Still street legal although cops hate it so I am very cautious driving it around.
Damn how much did you strip out to get it to 4000lbs? The listed curb weight on these is like 4200-4300lbs. Mine on stock tires with no armor and just the bull bar and empty tool box weighed about 4900 lbs with nobody in it.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #27
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
AC not DC and basically full interior
Oh that's a good point. I spend too much time around DC 2nd gens that I forget AC exists. haha
Old 08-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #28
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Logan I found the perfect leafs for this thing, zombie killer/survival edition I know its weak but at first I saw the bender teeth next to the shackle and was thinking WTF

Old 08-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #29
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Damn how much did you strip out to get it to 4000lbs? The listed curb weight on these is like 4200-4300lbs. Mine on stock tires with no armor and just the bull bar and empty tool box weighed about 4900 lbs with nobody in it.
The bed, interior except steering wheel, core support, fenders, fender aprons, roughly three miles of wiring, several feet of exhaust, stock intake, inverter, dash, and many nuts and bolts went in the trash heap. I asked myself if the truck needed the item to run, and if it didn't, I tossed it. I could have got it to 3500 lbs easy if I would have done a full tube chassis. I wasn't focused so much on weight loss as weight distribution; the center of gravity is now under your ass like a dirtbike. It handles like a BMW now, perfectly balanced with neutral steer and perfect four wheel drift when you pitch it into a corner. They should come this way from the factory.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #30
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
easily my favorite truck of all time
Old 08-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #31

Quote:
The bed, interior except steering wheel, core support, fenders, fender aprons, roughly three miles of wiring, several feet of exhaust, stock intake, inverter, dash, and many nuts and bolts went in the trash heap. I asked myself if the truck needed the item to run, and if it didn't, I tossed it. I could have got it to 3500 lbs easy if I would have done a full tube chassis. I wasn't focused so much on weight loss as weight distribution; the center of gravity is now under your ass like a dirtbike. It handles like a BMW now, perfectly balanced with neutral steer and perfect four wheel drift when you pitch it into a corner. They should come this way from the factory.
I see. You really did gut everything. haha
Old 08-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #32
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I see. You really did gut everything. haha
Pretty much...

Old 08-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #33
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
I love this. So much asskicking going on with this truck.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #34
Fluffer

Fresh pics from last week out hunting. Spent 9 days in the woods. The taco now smells like a mixture of dead bear, hangover, and wet boots. I kind of like it.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #35
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
<--- so jealous of your truck and lifestyle.

how much did the bear weigh?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #36
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post

lol
Old 09-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #37
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post

I don't know, but I guess around 400 lbs. 6' 2" from front claw to front claw (wingspan), but he had a punkin' head on him so it might even be a record bear for archery. I'm not a "trophy" hunter, I just like the meat in the freezer. Hopefully it cools off enough for the elk to start talking before archery season is over...
Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #38
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
nice.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #39
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't know, but I guess around 400 lbs. 6' 2" from front claw to front claw (wingspan), but he had a punkin' head on him so it might even be a record bear for archery. I'm not a "trophy" hunter, I just like the meat in the freezer. Hopefully it cools off enough for the elk to start talking before archery season is over...
thats sick! idk if i have enough balls to hunt a bear with a bow, thats a little too close for me.

is elk "over the counter" in OR?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #40
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by white toy taco View Post
thats sick! idk if i have enough balls to hunt a bear with a bow, thats a little too close for me.

is elk "over the counter" in OR?
For bow you can just go buy elk and deer OTC for most units, the best ones are draw. Some coastal units are still OTC for rifle as well. I'll be honest, when I stuck that bear and he came out of the tree I ran like a girl. Took me a while to work up the cajones to get in close enough to finish the job with those jaws popping. In retrospect, it was very, very stupid and I will never shoot at a bear with sharp sticks again. In the future I will have a large magnum revolver on my hip while archery hunting, too many bears, wolves, and cougar up here to mess around with traditional archery equipment when your life depends on it. I still get kind of shaky replaying that scene in my mind.