Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Project apocalypto

Old 09-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #41
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
For bow you can just go buy elk and deer OTC. Some coastal units are still OTC for rifle as well. I'll be honest, when I stuck that bear and he came out of the tree I ran like a girl. Took me a while to work up the cajones to get in close enough to finish the job with those jaws popping. In retrospect, it was very, very stupid and I will never shoot at a bear with sharp sticks again. In the future I will have a large magnum revolver on my hip while archery hunting, too many bears, wolves, and cougar up here to mess around with traditional archery equipment when your life depends on it. I still get kind of shaky replaying that scene in my mind.
thats cool we dont have OTC deer or elk

thats good to know im not the only one that would run like a girl. and yea i never hunt or even hike without a sidearm, big or small. thats just how i was raised though so i feel naked without one in the woods
Old 09-10-2012, 02:44 AM   #42
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alas, I'm restrained to using conventional weapons against the onslaught of the ferocious Eastern Oregon ground squirrel.
So much LOL!!! Its not just an awesome truck its a FAWSOME (F$#%ING AWESOME) TRUCK! Great build man and thanks for the good laughs
Old 09-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #43
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
sick truck!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #45
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Spent a few days out in the woods chasing mountain lions around-

This track was 4" wide. Biggest cat track I've ever seen.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #46
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For bow you can just go buy elk and deer OTC for most units, the best ones are draw. Some coastal units are still OTC for rifle as well. I'll be honest, when I stuck that bear and he came out of the tree I ran like a girl. Took me a while to work up the cajones to get in close enough to finish the job with those jaws popping. In retrospect, it was very, very stupid and I will never shoot at a bear with sharp sticks again. In the future I will have a large magnum revolver on my hip while archery hunting, too many bears, wolves, and cougar up here to mess around with traditional archery equipment when your life depends on it. I still get kind of shaky replaying that scene in my mind.

Your truck is sick my friend. :bow:

I wish there were deserts in SC
Old 09-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #47
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Logan, what kind (and what size) of tool box do you have in the bed?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #48
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Hey Logan, what kind (and what size) of tool box do you have in the bed?
I think it was this one- http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1#.UGKHwVErPXU
I'm not sure if it would fit in a normal taco though, I completely removed the bed and the 'glass bedsides are actually hung off of the toolbox, it's just air underneath.

(older pic with 33's)

Old 09-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #49
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
okay thanks
Old 11-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #50
dust ...
chris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Chris
chris66's Tacoma Gallery
jesus this thing is amazing. really inspiring too. for some reason i dream of having a truck like this and living somewhere rural in montana and being able to do whatever i want to. just curious but what sorta ballpark numbers are you looking at to build a truck like this. im pretty sure im going to hold on to my 04 dc prerunner for quite a while but am not sure if i want to turn it into something like this or build a classic car

feel like this would suit me better though. i also have to take into consideration that i cant do this for a while as im planning to go to USAFA in june (hopefully) but maybe after i graduate and get a good job who knows ...
Old 11-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #51
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
jesus this thing is amazing. really inspiring too. for some reason i dream of having a truck like this and living somewhere rural in montana and being able to do whatever i want to. just curious but what sorta ballpark numbers are you looking at to build a truck like this. im pretty sure im going to hold on to my 04 dc prerunner for quite a while but am not sure if i want to turn it into something like this or build a classic car

feel like this would suit me better though. i also have to take into consideration that i cant do this for a while as im planning to go to USAFA in june (hopefully) but maybe after i graduate and get a good job who knows ...
I did everything myself and have about $20K into it plus the price of the truck, one paycheck at a time. A lot of guys build them for less, and your prerunner would be considerably cheaper. The 4wd axles and ARB locker were a couple grand.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #52
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
WOW, this thing is F*cking nuts!! NICE
Old 11-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #53
bh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to behold

bh867's Tacoma Gallery
This truck is sick
Old 11-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #54
Fluffer

Here's why I ended up getting the recentered H-1 beadlocks and military tires. I had destroyed 8 KM2's and a few wheels in one year and decided I needed something a little more robust. Here's a vid of getting two flats at about 80mph. Good times. After about 25,000 miles on the hummer wheels and tires I haven't got a single flat! (40 seconds in).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SgAz...t-xTUCVQ0N1GRA
Old 11-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #55
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery

You have to have another vehicle right? Like this is just your toy, or is your DD?
Old 11-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #56
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post

You have to have another vehicle right? Like this is just your toy, or is your DD?
I have a chase truck too, but I usually DD the taco. The duramax gets used on road trips or if I have to tow something though.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #57
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I need to do what you do cause im obviously not making enough moniezz
Old 11-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #58
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
I need to do what you do cause im obviously not making enough moniezz
Hillbilly financing. Who cares how much it costs, how much are the payments!

This thread sponsored by USAA's loan department.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #59
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Hillbilly financing. Who cares how much it costs, how much are the payments!

This thread sponsored by USAA's loan department.
Sigg'n this

Need to get my limit on my credit cards bumped up some now that im thinking about it
Old 11-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #60
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Thats an amazing transformation. First thread to inspire me to start modding my Taco. Good shit!