Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Project apocalypto

Old 10-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #81
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPM View Post
Nice sport ride!
Благодаря Пижон!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #82
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Благодаря Пижон!
You know Russian? or did you just use google translate like I did. haha
Old 10-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #83
crazy russian
TPM will become famous soon enough

Navy: submarines killer
Name: Paul
TPM's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Благодаря Пижон!
the right translation for "Thank you, dude!" is "спасибо, чувак!"

Thank you, dude!
Old 11-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #84
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! It's even better than I imagined its great to see all that went into it. And you seem to have a great personality judging by reading your posts.

+1 to you!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #85
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
What glass are you running and do you like it?
Old 11-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #86
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
What glass are you running and do you like it?
Glassworks up front, fiberwerx in the rear. They were easy to install and I do like them. I slid into a tree and busted up one of the bedsides pretty bad, and it was easy to repair myself. They are surprisingly tough for as light as they are though...
Old 11-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #87
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Glassworks up front, fiberwerx in the rear. They were easy to install and I do like them. I slid into a tree and busted up one of the bedsides pretty bad, and it was easy to repair myself. They are surprisingly tough for as light as they are though...
Cool thanks for the info... You have 4" or 6.5" rise up front?
Old 11-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #88
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Cool thanks for the info... You have 4" or 6.5" rise up front?
4". I had to trim them a little to stuff 37's though...so if you plan on big tires and a wide LT kit get the 6.5's. http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/20to20ta4fl.html
Old 11-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #89
McBuckets
Quote:
4". I had to trim them a little to stuff 37's though...so if you plan on big tires and a wide LT kit get the 6.5's. http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/20to20ta4fl.html
Yeah I am not sure what size tires I will go with yet. Thanks for the help
Old 11-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #90
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
nimrod712's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd.
I wasn't aware that you had a build thread on here. I remember following you and your shenanigans years ago on TTORA lol.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #91
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod712 View Post
Sub'd.
I wasn't aware that you had a build thread on here. I remember following you and your shenanigans years ago on TTORA lol.
Ya...it's not a very good one. I left out more than I put in. Like the transmission debacle, the clutch upgrade, the carrier bearing mod, the locker mod, 2Lo mod, governor mod, ARB locker ran on nitrogen (won't freeze), abs/trac/4wd/airbag/cat/evap deletes, fuel pump upgrade, and a bunch of stuff I forgot to remember. Ah well, what can you do. I'm still scratching my head on the next mod...I want a bed back. I want to move the shocks outside the frame and hillbilly engineer some sort of expo/storage system. We'll see where it ends up. Time to grab some crayons and start drawing...

Time to cut the jungle gym out...

I also have no idea how to finish my dash. I'm no good at Martha Stewart shit.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #92
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
didnt some crackhead steal them bypasses or tried to?
Old 11-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #93
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ah well, what can you do. I'm still scratching my head on the next mod...I want a bed back. I want to move the shocks outside the frame and hillbilly engineer some sort of expo/storage system. We'll see where it ends up. Time to grab some crayons and start drawing...
Not entirely sure what your overall goal is (permanent or semi-permanent)...but if you're looking for ideas, here's my truck and how I did expo storage. Vertical tubes that sleeve into the bed cage held in place with some clips with several holes drilled for height adjustment and some cross bars. Can clamp whatever you need to on the cross poles, be it snowboard rack or roof basket.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #94
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
didnt some crackhead steal them bypasses or tried to?
Yes, they were stolen. I know some shady dudes (class 9 baja bug guys lol) that got them back for me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Not entirely sure what your overall goal is (permanent or semi-permanent)...but if you're looking for ideas, here's my truck and how I did expo storage.
That's an awesome idea! I like the idea of being modular. I also dig the pelican cases. I'm tired of having everything covered in mud and dust. I also had some crazy ideas...to build something like this out of some high R factor foam and wrap it in carbon/kevlar for strength. I think an arctic camper good to -40 or so would be cool, pardon the pun. The logistics of where to put the shocks and the fact that it would have to have huge cut outs to clear the tires (SUA=mucho uptravel) means it might not work....but it was an idea.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #95
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yes, they were stolen. I know some shady dudes that got them back for me though.
That is awesome!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #96
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
That is awesome!
No. That means I owe them a "favor".
Old 11-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #97

Quote:
No. That means I owe them a "favor".
Take them for a ride or let them drive.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #98
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Go for a grizzely Adams style camper, would be badass...

Old 11-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #99
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Go for a grizzely Adams style camper, would be badass...

I don't see a chimney. Fail.

My idea would be super light...so I could still huck it. They make boats with foam core and 'glass...why not make a camper? I dunno...with so much uptravel it would take away a lot of interior space. Stuffed my tires are about even with the bedrails...

This was with 33's. (bedsides bulged 4")

I like this a lot too, but tents don't work when it's ass cold out.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #100
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't see a chimney. Fail.

My idea would be super light...so I could still huck it. They make boats with foam core and 'glass...why not make a camper? I dunno...with so much uptravel it would take away a lot of interior space. Stuffed my tires are about even with the bedrails...

I like this a lot too, but tents don't work when it's ass cold out.
Just build a trailer that can almost keep up...that's what I did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzARTkHkmUk