Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Silver and black 5 lug build

Old 08-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Silver and black 5 lug build

so i finally got my 4cyl taco! going to college (for a mechanics degree) and working full time so this build might be slow but its my first vehicle worth building so it should be fun!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
okay so within the first week i got new wheels and tires.
The wheels are Ultra and the tire size 230/70r15
biggest size tire they could fit on there at Les Shwab
i had to do "black box mod" to get rid of small rubbing.
also had windows tinted at 35% (legal limit in Oregon)
and blacked out all badges

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #3

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
ohhh and i also put in some Kensun HID bulbs with relay.
had some ballasts from my last vehicle (cheap amazon ones that have lasted a year and a half already!)

and i painted the Valance with a Matte black.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Nice start, welcome to the forum and the 5-lug community!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #5

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Windows tinted! 35%

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great man! It's definitely a great college vehicle. Just curious though, what size are your rims? 15X8?

And good luck in your studies by the way.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:51 AM   #7
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice 5 Lugger

Lot in common. 5 Luggers, Silver Tacos, Auto Tech programs, FT work, slower (budget friendly) builds. First trucks worth putting effort into. Had my FV done...had.

Keep it up! Looks great. Get rid of that chrome grille though! To shiny! Can of plasti-derp and 10 minutes is all it would take.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
ttaM will become famous soon enoughttaM will become famous soon enough

ttaM's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!

I normally don't like flashy wheels on Tacomas, but those are really sweet!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #9
spitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austin
spitfire501's Tacoma Gallery
i really like those rims! that looks really good. haha i'm right there with you on the slow build
Old 08-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #10

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys (: right now I'm saving up for a black mesh grill but cant decide weather to put off road lights behind it or two Hella horns. Going mostly for the look! But the upgraded horns might be nice for delivering pizza. A lot of crazy drivers here ha
Old 08-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #11

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcutaco View Post
Truck looks great man! It's definitely a great college vehicle. Just curious though, what size are your rims? 15X8?

And good luck in your studies by the way.
Thanks you (: There actually 15/10. They definitely stick out on the sides and without fender flares they are considered illegal but they look awesome! And there are to many ppl here without fender flares for the cops to care ha.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
Thanks you (: There actually 15/10. They definitely stick out on the sides and without fender flares they are considered illegal but they look awesome! And there are to many ppl here without fender flares for the cops to care ha.
Forgive my ignorance, but there is seriously a law about that?? Lol I had no clue. Did you need any spacers or anything? Or just threw em on and away ya went?

And I'm definitely feeling lights behind a colormatched Satoshi grill, always loved the look of it myself, that's what I've got planned.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #13

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
No spacers or anything! they just slapped right on!

My uncle (the cop in the fam) told my any tread showing outside of the fender/fender flare is illegal. But luckily its usually a fix it ticket ( if its a cop that will actually pull you over for it).

but they look to good! gives it a more aggressive look from behind!
Old 08-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #14

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #15
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
If you're ever around Ohio and want a black OE rear bumper, let me know.

Badges look good.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #16

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Found an old badge at the junk yard and thought it would be fun to redo it and make it look nice. dont know where i will put it! ha
sorry about all the crappy pics btw! only camera i have is an old flip phone.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #17

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
So i recently get my fog lights installed with some 3000k hid lookalike bulbs. there halogens but at night they are the same yellow as hids. was really happy with them suprisingly! also got my cb radio and antenna hooked up!

Cant forget the tacoma sticker... +15hp

Old 09-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #18

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
ohhh totaly forgot. during the week i also bought a K&N air filter and removed secondary filter. i deliver pizzas so the +.5-2mpg commonly experienced makes alot of difference driving 150 miles a day!