Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

KRob32 2012 MGM DCLB Build

Old 01-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #81
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Got LED strips installed in the bed and under the hood. Used OTRATTW switches. After going back and forth over the holidays, we finally got together on what I wanted. The lights are amber when the truck lights come on. The window slit in the switches turn green when the LED lights are turned on. If there is a switch you want, but can't find on their website, I recommend calling. They have others that are not shown (like the hood lights).

Aloha Glass Tint in Copperas Cove, TX did the install with relays to ensure the electrical system was in good shape. Very happy with the outcome.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #82
Sparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Sparky73's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck, Kelly!

Quick question for you. Are you saying you want to swap your N-FAB Nerf Steps for rock rails? I'm trying to decide between the two and am interested to know if your nerf steps don't provide enough protection. Don't plan on lifting too high so I could take or leave the steps.

Thanks!
Drew
Old 01-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #83
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Drew, Thanks! The nerfs provide zero protection for your truck. They are only a step for the wife to get in and have a good look. If anything, they lower your ground clearance and could be significant emotional event if they got hung on a rock. If you want protection (to include parking lots) for your truck, get sliders. Should have mine on the truck this week.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #84
Sparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the quick reply. Which brand of sliders are you going with? I'm looking at the N-FAB rock rails
Old 01-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #85
Army:
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
I went with Famous Fabrication. Don't have any reports yet since they aren't installed, but they are very sturdy and the right look for me. Didn't want the kickout to come out too far, but looking for protection off road and in parking lots. Considered nFab rock rails, but decided against. They bolt to the running board holes and not the frame so they provide no more protection than nerfs. Here is one thread that spoke about them. There are others in search.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...b-sliders.html

This is what I got.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/fam...k-sliders.html
Old 01-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #86

Many thanks!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #87
Army:
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Got my sliders in from Derek at Famous Fabrication. Black Friday Sale was a pretty good deal. Not a Fastenal fan, but the sliders were solid. Looked at rattle canning them, but decided it may be a bit much due to their size. I don't have room to complete the job properly anyway. Took them to Line-X. Should have pics this weekend.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #88
Army:
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Here are pics of the new bolt on sliders from Famous Fabrication. Very pleased. Line-X in Killeen, TX did a good job and one of the guys helped with the install. It took two of us to get them put on properly. The front bolt took an extension to tighten. Didn't take as long on the second as the first. These things are solid. I don't have a hi-lift to test, but I have jumped up and down on them with no budging. They stick out just far enough to provide protection and a step, but not so far to bang your knees.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #90
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed
Old 02-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #91
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
What's the name of the iPod mount that you have in your cup holder? I like it.

Nice truck OP, really clean
Old 02-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #92
911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed911tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Heavy Rescue, Paramedic
Name: Wendy
911tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
bed logos

Thanks to sock monkey these are on mine and I have had a ton of likers. Would look good on yours..
Attached Thumbnails
KRob32 2012 MGM DCLB Build-socks.jpg  
Old 02-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #93
Army:
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
What's the name of the iPod mount that you have in your cup holder? I like it.

Nice truck OP, really clean
Thanks. You're going to laugh, but I got it at WalMart. It was actually the most functional one I found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911tacoma View Post
Thanks to sock monkey these are on mine and I have had a ton of likers. Would look good on yours..
I got a pic back just this weekend from Sock. May try to get one more, but I have something close to this in mind.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #94
Army:
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Got my TRD Skid Plate from Matt123. I ordered it raw and sprayed bedliner. It only saved $20, but will be an easy standard touch-up when they get scratched. I do plan to paint the TRD red, but not sure what pen to use or where to get it. Got a red paint pen from local hobby store, but it ended up pink on the bedliner. Not the look I'm going for. Any ideas?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #95
claymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
claymore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Here are pics of the new bolt on sliders. Very pleased. Line-X in Killeen, TX did a good job and one of the guys helped with the install. It took two of us to get them put on properly. The front bolt took an extension to tighten. Didn't take as long on the second as the first. These things are solid. I don't have a hi-lift to test, but I have jumped up and down on them with no budging. They stick out just far enough to provide protection and a step, but not so far to bang your knees.

Are those custom built? How much? They look great.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #98
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Dude your truck is sick!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #100
Army:
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Spent quite a bit of time deciding on what type of bedside decals I wanted. The final came out with red TRD, black lettering, and no shadow. Ordered from Sockmonkey and installed today. I used a hairdryer and removed the original stickers pretty easy. Used Goo Gone and cleaned up what little residue was left, and soap/water to clean up the rest.

Used Scotch No Residue Blue Tape to mark the line along the truck.

Put a mark on the tape for the leading edge of the decal.

Sprayed the area with water, lined the decal along the bottom edge of the tape, and used a card to move water down and then up to remove water and air bubbles. Slowly removed the light paper and continued to work a few small bubbles out.

Pleased with the look on the MGM.