Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

KRob32 2012 MGM DCLB Build

Old 08-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
KRob32 2012 MGM DCLB Build

As the truck sits on 21 April 2013.

MODS:

INTERIOR

WeatherTech Digital Liners (Front/Rear)
Tacoma Door Sill Protectors
Wet Okole Seat Covers (Front/Rear); Black w/ Charcoal Lettering (pg. 3)
Salex Console Organizer (pg. 3)
BenWA's Power Sliding Rear Window Kit w/ OTRATTW Switch (pg. 7)
ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket (pg. 7)
Kenwood DDX-371 DVD Receiver, Kenwood 3-way 6 1/2 Rear Speakers, Infinity Primus 3-way 6x9 Front Speakers (pg. 12)

EXTERIOR

Pop & Lock Tailgate Mod
Hose Clamp Tailgate Mod
AVS Wind Deflectors
AVS Bug Deflector II
Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover (Review:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/264047-extang-solid-fold-tonneau-6-months-later.html
Smittybilt Nerf Bar (pg. 1) (removed)
Plasti-Dip Emblems (pg. 1)
Tacoma Bed Mat
TRD 3rd Brakelight Cover (sockmonkey) (pg. 4)
LED Reverse Lights
Famous Fabrication Bolt-on Sliders (pg. 5)
TRD Skid Plate (Matt123) (pg. 5)
TRD All Terrain Bedside Decals (sockmonkey) Removed (pg. 6)
Proven Design 4x4 Grey Mudflaps (pg. 6)
GrillCraft Black Mesh (pg. 9) w/ Land Cruiser Emblem (pg. 12)
Hi-Lift w/ ATO Mounts (pg. 10)
True No Drill License Plate Bracket (pg. 12)
Smittybilt Hitch w/ Shackle and Recovery Strap(pg. 12)
Vinyl TRD All-Terrain Bedside, TRD Tailgate, Tacoma Emblem (pg. 12)

TIRES/RIMS/SUSPENSION

265/75/16 Goodyear DuraTrac
TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims (PT904-35071)
Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit (pg. 1)
ICON UCAs
Toyota TSB

LIGHTING

LED Dome/Map/Reverse Lights (csjumper2003) (pg. 5)
LED Strip Bed Lights (pg. 5)
LED Hood Lights (pg. 5)
6 inch Reverse LED Pod (Jasper Off Road) (pg. 7)
OTRATTW Switches
Black LED Tail Lights (pg. 10)

My family has been Toyota owners for several years now, and this is my fifth Toyota Truck. The last one was a black 2000 Tacoma SR5 AC 4x4. We sold it before moving overseas for three years. Didn't figure it would be good for the truck to sit that long. Started TW six months and working on the deal for this one about three months out from return to the states. Thanks to everyone here at TW for all the info. Been saving for a long time for this truck.

Purchased a 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB with automatic transmission, tint, towing package, and DRL in Greenville, SC on 04 August 2012. Jay and Terry did a great job working what I considered a good deal for the truck. They beat prices from $1000-$4500 OTD. No one was even close from Charlotte to Greensboro, northern South Carolina, western North Carolina, and as far west as Knoxville. I checked them all. Worth the hour plus drive from Asheville, NC.

Black WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners from Scott at TruckAddOns.

Added the tailgate mod.

Got lucky and found FJ Cruiser SE Anthracite Rims from a TW member. Mounted Goodyear DuraTrac 265/75/16 from Discount Tire in Asheville, NC near Tunnel Rd. They took good care of the rims and remounted the original tires/rims so I could sell them. No rubbing with stock suspension.

AVS Wind Deflectors and Bug Deflector II from Scott at TruckAddOns. These were both pretty easy to install. Tip: don't put the wind deflectors on in direct sunlight because inner adhesive didn't work as well.

Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover and Pop & Lock from Truck Alterations. Actually went to the store since it is near my hometown. The TW discount was great. Review
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/264047-extang-solid-fold-tonneau-6-months-later.html

Color matched the front Toyota badge gunmetal grey to the FJ rims.

Plasti Dipped emblems. Do not like chrome at all.

Tacoma Bed Mat.

Door Sill Protectors.

Installed a ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, TSB, and ICON UCAs.
Before Lift:

After Lift:

Wet Okoles. Front w/ Pocket, Center Console, and Back Seats. Black w/ Charcoal Lettering.

iPod Holder. Fits in the cup holder. Misplaced my USB cord.

Salex Console Organizer.

Steering Wheel Cover

Brakelight cover from Sockmonkey.

Installed LED in the Dome, Map Lights, and Reverse Lights. Purchased from csjumper2003.

Bed, Under Hood, and Fog Lights w/ OTRATTW Switches

LED Bed Lights

LED Hood Lights

Famous Fabrication Sliders w/ Line X

Installed TRD Skid from Matt123.

Installed Proven Design Mudflaps. Tried to keep a standard look with Grey 4x4.

Installed BenWA's Power Sliding Rear Window Kit w/ OTRATTW Switch

6 inch Reverse LED Pod from Jasper Off Road

ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket

Black LED Tail Lights

Hi-Lift w/ ATO Mount

True No Drill License Plate Bracket

Smittybilt Hitch/Shackle and Recovery Strap

GrillCraft with Black Mesh w/ Land Cruiser Emblem colormatched with MGM

Kenwood DDX-371 DVD Receiver, Kenwood 3-way 6 1/2 Rear Speakers, Infinity Primus 3-way 6x9 Front Speakers

Vinyl TRD All-Terrain Bedside, TRD Tailgate, Tacoma Emblem

Considering Upcoming Mods
- Possible leaf pack replacement (considering tire size)
- ARB rear locker and compressor (pie in the sky)
- BHLM
Old 08-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good I like what you have done with it so far.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
thevelvetteen is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
thevelvetteen's Tacoma Gallery
Diggin' those wheels... Truck looks sharp!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
We are moving soon and missed the opportunity to order the seat covers. Still haven't decided on the sliders or steps, so the same boat. I'd like the steps, but the wife is struggling to get in the truck and the lift isn't installed yet. May contact these guys to see how much it would cost for some removable steps for sliders. Not sure if that has been done yet.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
Army:
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Plasti Dipped the emblems today. Seemed crazy to spray anything directly on my truck, but tried it anyway. It worked very well. Taped off the approx 1-2 inches around emblems with 3m paint tape and cut a box so pd didn't get all over. I sprayed three light coats and one heavy at end. Waited approx. 15 minutes between the first three and approx 60 minutes for the last coat. When pulling the tape off the edges of the pd lifted so pulling was easy. I was amazed that it broke off so easily around the letters. I then used a toothpick to gently break the lines in the a, o, etc. and then used a pair of tweezers to pull out the pd.

Also ordered a set of steps today.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #17
WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Tony
TeamLombardo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Been doing a lot of reading about CAI. It is starting to not seem like such a good idea.
Yeah, its not. Pretty much a waste of money.

BTW, diggin the truck. I like the floor mats. After doing some off roading today I def need to invest in those.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #19
flyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to all

Name: Zach
flyingface's Tacoma Gallery

How do you like the duratracs? I've heard mixed feelings about them with regard to road noise/wet traction/durability.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #20
Army:
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
I ran BFG AT for years. Noise is approx the same; I don't hear them with the radio on. Doesn't drive quite as smooth, but not that much difference after you drive a little. Haven't ran into much rain yet, but no prob with the little seen. Get back with me in about a year and I'll update the durability. Look is better in person than in picture.