Base to Ace Build

Old 08-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Northeast Maniac
kodubs is on a distinguished road

Marines: Veteran
Name: Kohen
kodubs's Tacoma Gallery
Base to Ace Build

I recently purchased my 2009 Access Cab 4X4 Base Tacoma. This thread will follow my build up of the truck.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Northeast Maniac

kodubs's Tacoma Gallery
Cab mount Chop to fit the 28575R16 tires

Old 08-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Northeast Maniac

kodubs's Tacoma Gallery
I did have to modify the front bumper I will take better pics later today.

I am picking up the sheet metal to fabricate the cover plates, I will take some pics of that as well.

I still have some minor rub, but only appears to be when I'm in reverse....I will have to address that issue as well.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good after the tires and wheels added. Any rubbing since the cab mount chop? were you rubbing before - or did you chop in anticipation of rubbing?
Old 08-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
Northeast Maniac

kodubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
Truck looks good after the tires and wheels added. Any rubbing since the cab mount chop? were you rubbing before - or did you chop in anticipation of rubbing?
Thanks bro!

I did a test fit and a mock up to see where it was rubbing. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do.

I found the cab mount chop on here. I'm still getting a slight rub when in reverse with the wheel cut all the way. I only have a readylift kit in it now. I'm going to get the adjustable coils overs to add another 3" hopefully the rest of the rub will disappear.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
Northeast Maniac

kodubs's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a few pics of measuring the cab mount plates. After I went wheeling today I'm uncertain about whether to put them in. The cavity was extremely easy to clean with them open. I think I need the piece of mind just knowing the truck is still structurally sound. I will probably pop them in tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #7
Northeast Maniac

kodubs's Tacoma Gallery
The bendable antenna, I snapped my oem one in the woods first time out.
This is from a CB setup, I had to tap the hole for the different thread pattern and customize a spaced because the treads were too long. I didnt want to cut them in case I wanted to use the antenna again...

Old 08-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #8
Northeast Maniac

kodubs's Tacoma Gallery
After I cut out the piece from the cab I grabbed some 10 gauge sheet metal after all its only a dust sheild

Next I traced it out but went about a quarter inch heavy on the outline so I'd have some play with the plate if I needed to grind it down. I also grinded the welds down and flattened the steel the best I could

I used a wiz wheel to cut it out

I then test fitted it and used a die grinder to smooth it out

Finally I labelled each piece so I knew where they were going later

I still need Argon gas to weld it up so I took the truck out for some mud
Old 08-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #9
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
nice wheels man!! i see u dont get it very dirty?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #10
Northeast Maniac

kodubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayNnite4 View Post
nice wheels man!! i see u dont get it very dirty?
Thank you!!
Yea we have a few honey holes where I can sling some mud lol. I need to get a front bumper and winch pronto, I almost got stuck yesterday....
The Dick Cepek FCII are okkaay in the mud. I stopped in the middle to see how the traction was, I had to have two friends jump on the rear bumper in 4-Lo to get her out. Good Times
Old 08-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodubs View Post
Thank you!!
Yea we have a few honey holes where I can sling some mud lol. I need to get a front bumper and winch pronto, I almost got stuck yesterday....
The Dick Cepek FCII are okkaay in the mud. I stopped in the middle to see how the traction was, I had to have two friends jump on the rear bumper in 4-Lo to get her out. Good Times
hahah thats awesome!! those tires r tough looking man..