Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TruKnight's Humble Build

Old 08-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
TruKnight's Humble Build

2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport Access Cab SWB

Ive had Tacomus Prime (TM) for two years now, andI still get exicited to drive him each day. I found this forum about the same time, and im glad I did, you guys have been the most helpful and honest people ive found on an internet forum, and thats saying something. I enjoy seeing and reading about all of the other trucks on here, and ive learned alot, so I think its time to share and post up this thread about what ive done to my own ride.

6-9-14:

Just after lift was complete:

9-28-12 Lift Complete! It took 3 months from planning to end, but today its finally done!

Special thanks to Bret (BulletToothTony) and Mr OZ-T for taking the time to answer my questions and help steer me in the right directions.

===

FRONT SUSPENSION
> OME 90000 NitroCharger Sport FrontShocks
> OME 885 Coils - no top plate spacer
> Light Racing UCA
> Swaybar Relocate

REAR SUSPENSION
> OME N182 NitroCharger Rear Shocks
> OME CS047 Dakar Leaf Spring Set -coated with ez-slide
> OME FK29 Driveline Carrier Bearing Drop

WHEELS & TIRES
> Stock Sport Rims
> LT 285/70R17 BFG AT T/A KO
> 1.25" Spidertrax Hubcentric Spacers

EXTERIOR MODS
> UWS Tool Box
> TRD Mudflaps
> OEM Running Boards
> Tailgate Security Mod

INTERIOR MODS
> SWB Wet Okole Seat Covers
> OEM TRD Off Road Mats
> TRD Shift Knob
> Console Organizer
> 20% Tint
> Painted Engine Cover (+5 hp)

FUTURE MODS
> Door armrest mod w/ swb neoprene material
> Install Hover Conversion & Mr Fusion

Pics in post below
Old 08-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

This is the pic that started it all, I knew when I saw it that this was what I wanted:

Mabye two-ish weeks later, I came home with Tacomus Prime:

A week or so after that, I got my first paint scratch (fixed later with oem paint pen)

This was my old ride, a 98 firebird in a more recent pic after I gave it an overdue wash. After riding on the ground for 12 years I was ready to move on and havent looked back:

My first mod was a couple months later, with the addition of a uws toolbox:

I also got these trd off road mats at about the same time:

It doesent snow here in south arkansas very often, so when it does, its time for pics:

Almost a year goes by, as I lurk on tw, minding my own business when I get bitten by the mod bug again, and I pull the trigger on a set of wet okoles, a new shift knob and an awesome console organizer:

Around this time I also give him an overdue wash, wax and detail:

Soon after that, being slightly jelly of not having the 4x4 thing on my back flaps, I came up with a 4$ fix to the problem, stickers:

Then, while saving up for my lift kit, I decided it was past time to get the windows tinted. It was also the 110+ days that helped seal the deal:

The tint came out better than I expexted it to, and matches the stock tint really well from inside and outside:

Painted my engine cover, one of the more useless mods I know, but I like it:

Added OEM Running Boards:
Old 08-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #3

Parts:

Installed lift w/ dad in about 7 hours. I think everything went together ok, the uca bolts were a pain as advertised, and the dakars required some maneuvering and I watched out for the abs data lines as best I could. Will be rechecking all the bolts and things in a week and then in a month to make sure everything is all tight.

Only driven him home so far, but may have a 20 mph vibe, nothing jarring, prolly a medium one. will be installing carrier bearing drop kit next week when it comes in and mabye it will go away.

Anyhow, heres a pic with the stock 265's on still:

LIFT INSTALL PICS: (from multiple angles)

The lignting was perfect this morning, so I took abunch of em.

Before:

After:

Old 08-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
gman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gman2530's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKnight View Post
This is the pic that started it all, I knew when I saw it that this was what I wanted:

Mabye two-ish weeks later, I came home with Tacomus Prime:

A week or so after that, I got my first paint scratch (fixed later with oem paint pen)

This was my old ride, a 98 firebird in a more recent pic after I gave it an overdue wash. After riding on the ground for 12 years I was ready to move on and havent looked back:

My first mod was a couple months later, with the addition of a uws toolbox:

I also got these trd off road mats at about the same time:

It doesent snow here in south arkansas very often, so when it does, its time for pics:

Almost a year goes by, as I lurk on tw, minding my own business when I get bitten by the mod bug again, and I pull the trigger on a set of wet okoles, a new shift knob and an awesome console organizer:

Around this time I also give him an overdue wash, wax and detail:

Soon after that, being slightly jelly of not having the 4x4 thing on my back flaps, I came up with a 4$ fix to the problem, stickers:

Then, while saving up for my lift kit, I decided it was past time to get the windows tinted. It was also the 110+ days that helped seal the deal:

The tint came out better than I expexted it to, and matches the stock tint really well from inside and outside:

Painted my engine cover, one of the more useless mods I know, but I like it:

Thats where im at now, till I finish saving up the $ for my lift and tires in the comming weeks. Thanks for looking!
Looks great!!!! You are doing a fine job on her.... I just picked up a 2008 Super White TRD Sport Access Cab... Really like your shifter.. Where can i get one? Dealer? On Line?
Thank you

>Gman
Old 08-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #6
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Great start & good choices.
When you get your lift I suggest you try it without the sway bar rather than relocate it.
885s gave my 4Banger 3" up front and will probably get you around 2.75". I never had a problem with sway bar or relocated it. I was trying to find a way to disconnect it for off road & keep it out of the way and couldn't find one so I removed it and figured I could reinstall it if I didn't like the way it handled on road. It's still off.
Have you priced Hover Conversion & Mr Fusion install? It's out of my price range.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #7

Thanks for the comments guys!

Gman, I got mine from ebay, if you search for "trd shift knob" you should find one, but lots of other places carry them too. They are also labeled "sicon accessory" sometimes too. Id say its a 0.1/10 on the mod difficulty scale.

Ive been debating on whether to keep the sway bar or ditch it. Most on here say to ditch it, and im not a reckless driver by any means, but it seems a small price to pay incase I ever did need it in unforseen cirumstances.

My next mod, after the lift, will prolly be the armrest mod w/ swb neoprene material (same as seat covers) Ill have until 2015 to save up to install the hover conversion and mr fusion tho!

"when this tacoma hits 88 mph your gonna see some serious stuff"
Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
So did you ever get your lift installed? Want to see some pics of it...
Old 09-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
So did you ever get your lift installed? Want to see some pics of it...
not yet, have minor problem, details here ( http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tly-they.htmlv)

atm I have sitting here my new uca's, rear shocks, spidertrax, ubolts and 1 front coil assembly.

wating for the new coil and dakars (were on backorder) to arrive sometime this week. Then I need to apply some ez-slide to the leaves and put em back together. Then I have to find a tire shop, order the tires and have them put on - and that after whichever weekend dad has free for us to install everything.

short answer: prolly 1 month from now ill have pics to share, I hope
Old 09-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #11

bump for lift install, info in 3rd post from the top.

expect many more pics on sat I hope ! =D
Old 09-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #12
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

looks great man!!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #13

*BUMP* Lift complete! Pics up top!

Old 09-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #14
OneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud of

OneMentalCase's Tacoma Gallery
nice clean build...good work
Old 09-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #15
Steve33fish is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Steve33fish's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!! Well done! Planning makes perfect!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #16
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
Nice taco man.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #17
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Love your lift! I wish you were a 4x4 though so I could see how it would look on mine, those 885 are what Im going for I just havent seen a lot of 4x4 access cabs running them
Old 09-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #18

Thanks for the comments guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Love your lift! I wish you were a 4x4 though so I could see how it would look on mine, those 885 are what Im going for I just havent seen a lot of 4x4 access cabs running them
visually theres no difference between my prerunner and a 4x4, just no front differential or rear locker. alot of 4x4 guys run this same setup I think.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #19
Twat did you say?

Looks good tru glad it turned out for you
Old 09-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #20
NEW YORK T100 is on a distinguished road
Name: Augie
NEW YORK T100's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice build think it looks great!! Hope to follow those mod's soon as well...