Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

skidooman's super lame slow build

Old 08-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
skidooman's super lame slow build

truck is sold. Makes me sad. I am currently looking for a solid axle 4runner to wheel. Everything is parted out and sold except the weather tech mats, they are still for sale.

This is how it all started.

Truck is a 2011 double cab short bed. TRD off road, 4wd auto.
I bought it brand new August of 2011, but being a dealer transfer, it had 380 miles on it. I really like the truck in stock form. Its very capable for a stock rig. After putting the truck belly in the dirt going through a creek, and hitting countless rocks with the skid plate and LCAs I knew a lift would have to be done eventually. Late July 2012 some punk kid didnt yield to the right of way, which was me. Luckily I saw it coming and was able to get almost all the way stopped, which saved the side of the truck and he only grazed the front bumper. After the adjuster looking at it and confirming it needed a new front bumper. I decided to go the plate bumper route with the insurance money. This meant I would need a lift, how convenient. So thats where I am at for now. Stay tuned, it should get better!

I add pictures on Instagram too - skidooman56

As it looks today.

IMG_8692_3_4_fused by flyin' B photography, on Flickr

Mod list as follows

Suspension:
OME 885/9000 shocks.
Deaver AAL/N182 shocks.
Light Racing UCAs

Wheels/Tires:
265/75R16 Toyo Open Country AT II
Level 8 MK6 in gun metal grey

Armor:
Relentless front bumper
4xInnovations bolt on sliders

Exterior:
OEM roof rails
BajaRack
Andres devil horns
Plasti dipped emblems
Snugtop Rebel - vented windoors.
Shorty antenna
Sockmonkey TRD expedition bedside decal

Interior:
Weathertech digital fit floormats
Dashmat
15% front tint

Recovery:
ARB 3'x30' strap
TJM Stealth winch
48" Hilift
Hilift multi tool
Warn hitch shackle
Misc shackles and straps

Electrical:
Fog light any time mod
DTRL off(stealth mode)
LED bed lights
Lightforce Blitz 240s
Midland CB

Misc:
Rear diff breather mod.
Trailer plug relocation mod.
Ended up ditching this--My own bedrug mod.- http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-rug-how.html
OEM bed mat.
Coated rear leafs in graphite spray lube to stop the squeaking-didn't work.

The day I picked it up.

Wheeling the second day I had it.

Same spot as above after two years of owning it.

Dog approved

Rest peacefully Hank. Go find them birds buddy.

Miss you Hank.

With the SnugTop Rebel with vented windoors.

My bedmat mod-I ended up ditching this, it worked to keep the dogs from sliding around, but got horribly dirty. I replaced it with an oem bedmat.

Hauling the new toy home.

Here it is with the front lifted.

And with front and back lifted.

IMG_7414 by tbrown6912, on Flickr

A
Old 08-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
Dude don't knock your truck. It looks good. You gotta start somewhere bro
Old 08-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Good start bud! Like was previously said, you have to start somewhere! Very few people start off with the intentions to do what they end up doing. I never thought I'd have as much invested in this truck as I do but I have loved the experience and still have large plans for it!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent start!

Hope to see more upgrades soon.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #5
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
My truck remained very stock for several years.

Looks good.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got new shoes on it today. 265/75R16.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
I'm your huckleberry

Here we were out yesterday. Along with my buddies LC.

Me and the wife with our Charlie Brown tree.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. How do you like the coopers?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Looks good. How do you like the coopers?
Do you mean Toyos? So far so good. Haven't given them a real good test yet.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #11
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Do you mean Toyos? So far so good. Haven't given them a real good test yet.
Ah yes Toyos. I was looking at 2 threads lol. Are they loud on the road? Mpg lacking?
Old 12-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Ah yes Toyos. I was looking at 2 threads lol. Are they loud on the road? Mpg lacking?
They're a little louder than the rugged trails, and I lost about 2 mpgs with the lift and tires.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:47 AM   #13
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
looks like fun!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #14
I'm your huckleberry

Got some snow over the last week or so. Probably about a foot, maybe 16". It got windy, so it's drifted pretty bad in spots. Went out and had some fun.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #15
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Love the rack!
But why did you opt for the oem bolt on??
Old 12-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #16
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
Love the rack!
But why did you opt for the oem bolt on??
I wanted to be able to take it off easily. Plus I like the way the factory rails look without anything on them.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #17
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
I like the oem rack look. It just sits so high!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #18
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
I like the oem rack look. It just sits so high!
Yeah, it isnt friendly with the fuel consumption either. I actually just took the rack off. I'll only have it on when I need it.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #19
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
How hard is it to remove?
Old 12-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #20
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
How hard is it to remove?
8 thumb nuts, and carriage bolts. No tools required. Which is going to make me lock it down somehow when its on because it literally takes 5 minutes.