So my truck is getting there. It has come quite a ways from stock, but I still have many plans.
This is how it all started.
Truck is a 2011 double cab short bed. TRD off road, 4wd auto.
I bought it brand new August of 2011, but being a dealer transfer, it had 380 miles on it. I really like the truck in stock form. Its very capable for a stock rig. After putting the truck belly in the dirt going through a creek, and hitting countless rocks with the skid plate and LCAs I knew a lift would have to be done eventually. Late July 2012 some punk kid didnt yield to the right of way, which was me. Luckily I saw it coming and was able to get almost all the way stopped, which saved the side of the truck and he only grazed the front bumper. After the adjuster looking at it and confirming it needed a new front bumper. I decided to go the plate bumper route with the insurance money. This meant I would need a lift, how convenient. So thats where I am at for now. Stay tuned, it should get better!
I add pictures more often on Instagram - skidooman56
As it looks today.
Mod list as follows
OME 885/9000 shocks.
Deaver AAL/N182 shocks.
Light Racing UCAs
265/75R16 Toyo Open Country AT II
Level 8 MK6 in gun metal grey
Relentless front bumper
4xInnovations bolt on sliders
OEM roof rails
Andres devil horns
Plasti dipped emblems
Snugtop Rebel - vented windoors.
Sockmonkey TRD expedition bedside decal
TJM Stealth winch
Weathertech digital fit floormats
15% front tint
Fog light any time mod
DTRL off(stealth mode)
Rear diff breather mod.
Trailer plug relocation mod.
Ended up ditching this--My own bedrug mod.- http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-rug-how.html
OEM bed mat.
Coated rear leafs in graphite spray lube to stop the squeaking-didn't work.
Plans(as of now, they will probably change)
one piece drive shaft
ext. brake lines
The day I picked it up.
Wheeling the second day I had it.
Same spot as above after two years of owning it.
Rest peacefully Hank. Go find them birds buddy.
With the SnugTop Rebel with vented windoors.
My bedmat mod-I ended up ditching this, it worked to keep the dogs from sliding around, but got horribly dirty. I replaced it with an oem bedmat.
Hauling the new toy home.
Here it is with the front lifted.
And with front and back lifted.