Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Sunday Project

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
shutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cameron
shutterbug's Tacoma Gallery
My Sunday Project

As of 10-02-13:
All the chrome is gone!

MODS:
255/85 KM2's
Variety of lights, rock lights and KC lights
Sold the shell
Made my own rock sliders!
Installed URD MAF calibrator
Lots of pinstriping!

TO DO LIST:
Get the Skinkwerks front bumper on
Make my HC rear bumper
Suspension upgrade!!!!!!!!
Maybe gears and front locker
Maybe some boost down the road

Current pic is on the latest post or my sign pic

I got the truck at a fantastic deal and it had alot of goodies on it.It is a 2006 Trd Off-Road with the 4.0 and Automatic. I had to sell my firebird to get this beast.
Exterior
-3 inch lift
-Raceline wheels plus stock wheels w/ snow tires
-Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
-Billet grill
-Chrome scoop
-Chrome double wipers
-skid plate
Interior
-Custom blue seat covers
Performance
-Trd intake
-Flowmaster Exhaust
Other
-Fiberglass shell with ceiling lights
-Carpeted bench kit
-Super dark tint all around

Both of my babies

When my parents brought it to my work after I bought it.

Then I had to take it mudding

Add-on's since I have had it,
-Pioneer AVH1400DVD Head unit
-Kenwood 12'' subwoofers
-Kenwood 150 watt amplifier
-URD MAF Calibrator
-Back up camera
-Access steering wheel adapter
And many hours of cleaning!

The Audio

The Getting Dirty

The Cleaning

First and last trucks

Old 08-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Nice That is an interesting build. Does all that carpet in the bed come out easily or do you have to be careful of rain when you have the shell off?
Old 08-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
shutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Nice That is an interesting build. Does all that carpet in the bed come out easily or do you have to be careful of rain when you have the shell off?
Its just a bench kit set up made out of wood so I can pull it out in 15 minutes. I was just about to go take better pics of that actually. and Thanks, I have a lot in store for this!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I like it..nice and simple. Id like it alot better without the chrome on it, but hey if your happy.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
looks good! do passengers ever sit on the bench in the back?
Old 08-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
I like it..nice and simple. Id like it alot better without the chrome on it, but hey if your happy.
The previous owner was a chrome fantatic, so I have left it like that while deciding the direction I want to go. Which is more off road while maintaining its good looks.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
looks good! do passengers ever sit on the bench in the back?
I've never had anyone sit back there besides me when I have my lunch and naps at work lol... it also functions as a bed which I have used camping
Old 08-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #10
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
The previous owner was a chrome fantatic, so I have left it like that while deciding the direction I want to go. Which is more off road while maintaining its good looks.
haha! You're in the same boat as me. All of the chrome on my taco was put on there by the previous owner I think it would be too much of a pain to remove it all and I don't think it looks too bad so it gets to stay.

Is that a true dual exhaust or do the headers go to a y-pipe and the y-pipe splits; or to an x-pipe; or is one pipe fake?

and are those cup holders on the benches? haha. That's interesting. Did the previous owner haul people around in the back all the time or what?
Old 08-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
haha! You're in the same boat as me. All of the chrome on my taco was put on there by the previous owner I think it would be too much of a pain to remove it all and I don't think it looks too bad so it gets to stay.from the manifolf

Is that a true dual exhaust or do the headers go to a y-pipe and the y-pipe splits; or to an x-pipe; or is one pipe fake?

and are those cup holders on the benches? haha. That's interesting. Did the previous owner haul people around in the back all the time or what?
Yeah and chrome is easy to clean!

From the manifold it goes through 2cats, then into a Y-Pipe then out of the flowmaster muffler has 2 outlet pipe.. it sounds pretty good! I'll be driving it to school a little bit.

And this truck has 13 cupholders total lol ... I don't think he hauled alot of people but then that would explain the miles he put on it and all the money he has.I guess I will have to ask him how many trips to Mexico he took :P
Old 09-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #12
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Nice truck man! I like the bench seats in the back.... never seen that before! lol! I too think the chrome is a little much.... the wheels look nice, but I'd ditch the chrome on the scoop, and door trim. The billet grill looks ok, but you could always paint it or plasti-dip black?

Bottom line, it's a nice rig!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #13

I am thinking of removing all the remaining chrome adhesive left from previous and make my truck more function aka a real truck... gonna still have chrome on places, most people on here are against chrome and I used to be, but that grill got me! Lol... main reason I left chrome was for the door protectors and I didn't want door protectors to be lonely

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #14

Added bull bar

Did the rear diff breather relocate and locker anytime mod, so I had to go put them to the test!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #15

Then I had to power wash the hell out of it, and removed all the chrome bullshit including the scoop!

After that I had to clean under hood for hours and finished this project.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #18

Well I just realized that I hadn't updated my build thread in 7 months so here it goes!

Did a lot of snow wheeling this winter, love the locker and my new general grabber AT2's
My Sunday Project-uploadfromtaptalk1367776435966.jpg

My Sunday Project-uploadfromtaptalk1367776509243.jpg
My Sunday Project-uploadfromtaptalk1367776529865.jpg
My Sunday Project-uploadfromtaptalk1367776559206.jpg

Then this spring some major change happened... chrome removal time....
Before:My Sunday Project-uploadfromtaptalk1367776620695.jpg

After making my own mounts for lights, making my own grill and painting that black, finally did the BHLM and dipped my rear bumper and emblems...
My Sunday Project-uploadfromtaptalk1367776765730.jpg
My Sunday Project-uploadfromtaptalk1367776789136.jpg
My Sunday Project-uploadfromtaptalk1367776813763.jpg
My Sunday Project-uploadfromtaptalk1367776849327.jpg
My Sunday Project-uploadfromtaptalk1367776873680.jpg

Now the shell and bench kit are for sale as well as the step tubes, and bull bar....

Oh yeah the exciting part. Building my sliders
My Sunday Project-uploadfromtaptalk1367776981418.jpg

I will have more pics later!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #19
R09ster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
R09ster's Tacoma Gallery
Way nicer without the chrome

Products Discussed in this Thread