Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

armyofsquirrels Build

Old 09-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good! I had to go back to the first post I guess I didn't absorb that the truck was a 2TR... Good choice my 05' was a 4cyl 5spd and I loved the mileage, but my V6 does pretty good now days.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #22
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st ABN
Name: Chip
armyofsquirrels's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Lookin good Chip! As for the CB I'd recommend powering it directly from the battery you will get the cleanest power from there. Most CB places recommend that versus tapping into somewhere else.
Makes sense. Looks like I'm gonna have to get under the hood
Old 09-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #23
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae111black View Post
Looking good! I had to go back to the first post I guess I didn't absorb that the truck was a 2TR... Good choice my 05' was a 4cyl 5spd and I loved the mileage, but my V6 does pretty good now days.

Yea I had wanted the V6 but according to the dealer they don't offer the V6 SR5 in Manual 6SPD on the east coast... so I went with the 4Cly 5Spd, it does the job.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #24
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyofsquirrels View Post
Yea I had wanted the V6 but according to the dealer they don't offer the V6 SR5 in Manual 6SPD on the east coast... so I went with the 4Cly 5Spd, it does the job.
Yes it does!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #25
F*ck It, Why Not!

Yep got pissed off today. armyofsquirrels Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1347516006.740308.jpg

Going for an estimate after I get off work at 8am. I've been putting off rock sliders due to bills... But they just went to the top of my list of extra funds.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #26
F*ck It, Why Not!

Oh just to say what happened I'm kinda embarrassed, a board... a 4x4 to be closer to exact... Clipped it in the back yard and it dented the truck... Doesnt make me very comfortable going off road over branches haha.

But it could be worse.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #27
F*ck It, Why Not!

Got my estimate: $489.02 to fix it. F DAT! I'll get some rock sliders and cake some mud over it.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #28
F*ck It, Why Not!

Nice and clean install... I'll see how it holds up... Much better then how it was laying in the bed before. Next on the todo list: rear dif breather. I'm thinking about relocating it to the side of the storage box on the bed....
Old 09-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #29
F*ck It, Why Not!

Also done this week.
They aren't wired up yet, need to get my OTTOWA switches and panel for em all. Not trying to install an bunch of ugly cheap switches instead gonna do the sunglass holder install.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #30
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
What's a sunglass holder install look like?
Old 09-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #31
F*ck It, Why Not!

Haha nice^ no the same thing Ant did:

Just mine would look more like this:
Old 09-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #32
F*ck It, Why Not!

Photos from Day 1 of Centrilla:

Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #33
F*ck It, Why Not!

Soooo had an incident today.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #34
F*ck It, Why Not!

AFTER DOING THIS TODAY:

I ORDERED THESE:

Should be here in a few weeks. Now to fix the door, I'm thinking it might be cheaper to call around junk yards and try to swap the whole door out? Any ideas?

P.S. I took out a trail marker with the side of the truck. It was hidden by some tall brush.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #35
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
looks good. even the dints. lol. how do you like the dual firestiks? and what size did you go with? i’m putting my dirt bike on CL tomorrow and will be getting sliders with that money.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #36
F*ck It, Why Not!

thanks I still can't believe it happened. But I guess it was a sign to get me to stop putting off getting the sliders haha.

I love the firestiks. their 4' I got them from here:
http://www.rightchannelradios.com/fi...tenna-kit.html

its all one kit and includes everything you need, cable, springs, mounts, and sticks. I started to buy everything off of Amazon and then found that kit and saved like $90.

Oh btw, if your like me and leave them on while on the trail, make sure you do the tennis ball thing to cushion the impact and I've also put electrical tape around the caps after losing one to a tree somewhere.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #37
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyofsquirrels View Post
thanks I still can't believe it happened. But I guess it was a sign to get me to stop putting off getting the sliders haha.

I love the firestiks. their 4' I got them from here:
http://www.rightchannelradios.com/fi...tenna-kit.html

its all one kit and includes everything you need, cable, springs, mounts, and sticks. I started to buy everything off of Amazon and then found that kit and saved like $90.

Oh btw, if your like me and leave them on while on the trail, make sure you do the tennis ball thing to cushion the impact and I've also put electrical tape around the caps after losing one to a tree somewhere.
yeah. i need some as well i have not damaged anything yet...

and good to hear, how far above the roof do the 4í stick? and i was wondering about the tennis ball. iíll be using my CB on the trail and road trips.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #38
F*ck It, Why Not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Damn chip, get yourself some sliders, to hell with the door you have a silver truck just put duct tape over it
Bahahahaha duct tape! I ordered some BAMF sliders with the kick out, just waiting for the shipping invoice and then I'm bolting them on haha. Should be 2 weeks out.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #39
F*ck It, Why Not!

armyofsquirrels Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350161950.389275.jpg
armyofsquirrels Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350161968.073876.jpg
armyofsquirrels Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350162006.902649.jpg

Not perfect but I'm not a professional and only spent 1.77 + tax at Walmart for magic eraser. Looks better IMO

I took apart the door and pushed the dent back out as best I could bare handed.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #40
F*ck It, Why Not!

Not sure how far the Firestiks extend over the cab I never measured it... I'd guess around 2.5-3 feet...