LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Toy Yoda's Battleship Build

Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
My broke College Build

This is my "ballin on a budget" build. really my only mods come from when i'm working during the summer and not in school. My dream is to build an overland monster, right now i've tried to maximize utility as a camping/hauling/DD vehicle as much as I can until I swap in an FJ T case and can really go hard. some people might think its pointless to mod a prerunner like this, but I see it as preparation for when I convert to 4x4

How Marcel sits today

Suspension:
Front: OME 886 coils paired with 5100's @ 0"
Rear: 2" block (ew) 1.5" aal, OME N182's
OME carrier bearing drop

Armor:
ARB Deluxe Bar
BAMF LCA skids
Westin Taillight guards

Recovery:
Warn M8000
60" Hi Lift

Exterior Cosmetic:
Anzo USA black OEM headlights
OUTBACK badges
Expedition Portal decals
Misc stickers elsewhere
Nfab predator steps
window rain deflector thingys
colormatched mirrors
colormatched 2011 grille
ARB bottle opener mounted to bumper light tab, bad ass, i know

Interior:
Pioneer 4300DVD
All Weather Flooring OEM swap
Axe mounted to center console

Wheels/Tires:

16x8.5 Level 8 Guardians Matte Black
285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx

Hauling:
OEM Roof Rack
Rola Roof basket
OEM tow package

before new tires-

mods to come:
rear leaf pack (dakars or AP Expos, hopefully by end of summer)
rear plate bumper with swing out tire carrier
fifth wheel and full size spare.
Baja rack
build a bed rack
roof top tent
get rid of 5100's and put OME up front
shower system on the rack
synthetic winch line
some sort of LED bar on the roof
front window tint to match rear

WAY FUTURE MODS (after college)

-4x4 conversion (FJ manual T case w/ rock solid toys ADD harness)
-king/icon suspension
-snorkel
Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got my truck in 2008 with 12k on the ODO. It stayed bone stock until 2010 when I caught the mod bug (AKA my dad finally let me touch it)

Here's the first picture I have of the truck. This was after I added some 265/70/16 Cooper Discover ATR's

Added some Bilstein 5100's set at 1.75 to level the truck

Custom Tailgate Dent Mod

Blacked out rims

Stuck!

2" Block in the rear
Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
Go Pro Junkie

LET THE REAL MODS BEGIN! june-july 2011

For graduation I got an ARB Bumper, Warn M8000 winch, and OME 886's to compensate for the extra weight

Installed

Testing it out

285/75/16 BFGoodrich All-Terrains

2011 Grille and OEM Roof Rack

BHLM
Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Go Pro Junkie

How it sits today- fall-summer 2012

Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Go Pro Junkie

Levee Trip

getting some rednecks out of a hole

Old 09-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
Go Pro Junkie

June 2013-Swapped out the old carpet for OEM All Weather flooring. fit like a glove and i've decided i'm never gonna buy another vehicle with carpet after this.

ALSO, got rid of my sad attempt at the BHLM (didnt let the paint cure for long enough and it hazed my lights, and there was a leak, yeah...) and purchased some Anzo USA OEM replacements with a factory black bezel. OUTSTANDING product! they were the only brand that i had read about that didnt leak or have a shitty "chinese ebay" headlight quality. So much brighter and clearer, they even came with all the bulbs, but i put in my old headlight bulbs because they're brighter. great light dispersion and no ones flashed their brights at me yet, so im not blinding people. woohoo! still gotta adjust them a little bit but they're great. almost two months with no leaks at all. apologies for crap pics

Also last month, my exhaust pipe broke in half right underneath the transmission, i sounded like a honda civic with 6" pipes and a can muffler, BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAp. Apparently that happens over time with vibrations and crap, its also where the two pipes are welded together, so over time blah blah blah. anyway i stopped by this ghetto muffler shop and the asian guy charged me 25 bucks to re weld it. 20 minutes later i was outta there and no problems since!

Old 09-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good dude!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
TheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TheKid's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #10
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98cbtacoma View Post
I like the outback badges! Cool unique mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
Nice truck man.

thanks guys, got a little banged up this weekend, unintentionally...

Old 09-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #11
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Looks good man!
thanks man, I'm super jelly of your LT, not that theres that much use for it around here, but your rig is sweet!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #13
TheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TheKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
thanks guys, got a little banged up this weekend, unintentionally...

Ouch! what did you do?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #14
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
Ouch! what did you do?

my tires had a dug a rut and when i gained traction going in reverse the truck lurched out of the ruts and a tree limb broke the mirror off, pushed it past the rotating joint's limit and broke the plastic mount, fortunately i found a replacement for only $60
Old 09-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks good!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #16
Go Pro Junkie

First video with the new Hero 3 Black Edition mobbing down an old country road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRc_fZd8BLg&feature=plcp
Old 12-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #17
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
First video with the new Hero 3 Black Edition mobbing down an old country road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRc_fZd8BLg&feature=plcp
Video looks sick! Can't wait to use it this weekend
Old 12-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #18
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Video looks sick! Can't wait to use it this weekend
oh yeah, adjusted the settings to shoot 1080p 60fps
Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #19

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh yeah, adjusted the settings to shoot 1080p 60fps
That's gonna be sick.

So
Old 12-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #20
Go Pro Junkie

Some go pro swag
Toy Yoda's Battleship Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354679069.135738.jpg

Products Discussed in this Thread