Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

FIGHTMAN'S SPEEDWAY BLUE TACO

Old 10-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #21
Old Newbie
Chad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad7088's Tacoma Gallery
I think your truck looks great.....the tail lights definitely DO NOT look ghetto. They look awesome! I should do this also. What kind of bug shield is that? I'm usually not a fan of bug shields, but I like the one on your truck....looks like its low profile....fits flush with the hood. Am I right or are the pics deceiving me?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #23
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
very nice build.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #24
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks good! i need to do the any time fog, and L.E.D’s inside also on the rear license plate.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #25
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Thanks for the compliments guys! Coming from you guys.... it's an honour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad7088 View Post
I think your truck looks great.....the tail lights definitely DO NOT look ghetto. They look awesome! I should do this also. What kind of bug shield is that? I'm usually not a fan of bug shields, but I like the one on your truck....looks like its low profile....fits flush with the hood. Am I right or are the pics deceiving me?
I'm not entirely sure... it came with the truck. I think it's a Toyota bug shield though.... pretty sure I saw it branded in the plastic or something.

I got a few extras with this truck, including a tonneau cover, step bars, and window vents! The tonneau cover was a brand new piece, and only cost me $200.00 instead of $1000.00!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #26
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
My taco looked the same the first time I removed the center console , I like how that carbon fiber looks, great mod!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #27
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Smile

Thanks man! I really like how the Carbon Fiber looks too.... but going to redo the arm rests in black leather or some other material. The Carbon Fiber was a pain to install there, and had to be adjusted a few times. As a result, it's starting to come loose on the arm rests....

I'm going to try and get that done by the end of the weekend.... because it's bugging me! lol!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #28

Well, got 2 days off, and gonna try to get some leather tomorrow morning and fix those arm rests! Wish me luck!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #29

Smile

Well, got it done! Took the better part of the day, but finally finished around 9:45pm (Eastern Time) tonight!

What the carbon fiber looked like after a day....

Roll of vinyl I got for $5.00!

Laying out the old arm rest material to cut the new stuff

Traced it out:

Next step was to clean off the old adhesive off the plastic panels. I used paint thinner and a rag and rubbed it all off. Kinda messy... but I wanted a bare surface to work with.

Next, I used the spray adhesive I got at the upholstery store. The can usually sells for $25.00 a can, but they had one there that was soiled on the outside, so they sold it to me for $10.00!

I sprayed the adhesive on the panel outside, then ran in the house to apply the vinyl. You kinda have to work quickly, and I had my wife help me lay down the vinyle and flatten it onto the panel.

After a couple of hours of dry time, I intalled all the panels back on the door panel, and called it a night!

Pics of the panels installed will be coming.... ran out of daylight, and I'm just going to wait til the morning to put them in the truck.

Thanks for looking, and check back tomorrow if you're interested in seeing what it looks like installed in the truck.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #31
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Arm rests look good! One of these days, I need to do something with mine...
Old 10-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #32

Thanks folks! It was definitely worth it, and isn't all that hard to do! Just a little time consuming....
Old 10-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #33
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Truck looks great. On a side note I think the little lady would be mad at you for working on that good lookin hard wood table.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #34

Smile

HA HA! Yeah... she doesn't mind... lol!

Here's some installed pics!

Front door w/ Interior.....

Back door....

View of the other side!

Overall, I love the new Upholstery over the all that carbon fiber.... now there's just the right amount of both!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #35
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

looks good! i need to do my doors and center console lid.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #36

Smile

Do it man! You'll love it!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #37

Smile

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

Got my LED panel in the mail! So much better than the other one I ordered, and cheaper!

Also, fell upon a used set of Weather Tech floor mats for $135.00! These babies retail for nearly double that!

I'm gonna clean them up a little, but for the price... I couldn't pass those up!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #38

damn what do the weather tech mats go for up that way? here they are $160 for front and back.

edit: i also have the black, and the driver one is pretty dirty need to clean it.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #39

Smile

Like I said above......nearly double what I paid.....so $270.00 for fronts and the back piece.... Plus taxes......
Old 10-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #40

Smile

All Cleaned up and looking good!