Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

FIGHTMAN'S SPEEDWAY BLUE TACO

Old 10-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #41
gt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: BT5
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
TACO721,

Here is another mod. that I did to my center console which you might consider.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=680383&highlight=

Now I understand how you have so many Posts. Oh, just wondering if you work?
Old 10-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #42
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
I do in fact have a job.... I'm actually working 60hrs this week.....
Old 10-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #43
808UpFront is on a distinguished road

808UpFront's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build man!! Also love the truck color!!! Like the vinyl on the door panels too! I say go for the HID retrofits next!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #44
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Smile

H.I.D's won't be coming for a while yet... working on a couple of little projects right now...

I've been working on getting my Satoshi Grill done! First thing I did was move my Horns to the driver side Inner fender.

I simply disconnected them from the harness, and bolted them there. I then pulled all the attachment out for the harness, and ran it to where the horns were.

After that, I painted out the rad with some black Tremclad.

Then I fabricated some mounts for the Tractor Lights I'm going to be running behind the grill. (Yes I said tractor lights... they were $12.00 a piece, and I've already tested a pair on my 98 4Runner for the past 8 months and they are amazingly bright!)

The plan is to pull the bulbs out of these, and get some HID's for them, along with my Headlights and Fog Lights.

Once that was all done, I got started on the grill itself. First thing I did was get my Dremmel out, cut away all the center section of the grill with a cutting disc.

Here's a shot of the center section after I cut it out:

My buddy came over to have a "mod day", but ended up helping me service the front brakes on my 4Runner and then just watched me do my grill. So, he decided to take some pics of me doing some of the work!

THen I decided to use my brain, and wear safety glasses:

Here's a shot of the grill after I cleaned up all the stubs from the center section.

Next I used some Opoxy and some plastic from the center section to fill in the holes left from the removal of the center section.

Unfortunately, I had to put the project on pause for the night, as I had to get to bed, in order to be up at 4:30am for work tomorrow.... I'll be working on it in the evenings for the next couple of days, in hopes to have it finished before the weekend.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #45
raskal is on a distinguished road
raskal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightman80 View Post
love the subtleness in this pic

"With glowing hearts ..."

Old 10-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #46

Smile

Totally by accident! lol! Those are actually air freshners! lol!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #47
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
How are you going with your Satoshi Grill? Don yet?
Old 10-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by acomonazul View Post
How are you going with your Satoshi Grill? Don yet?
Honestly, I haven't worked on it since the day I started it! Lol! I've been working 12hr shifts since, and with two little girls and a beautiful wife at home, I haven't made the time to finish it! Working again today and my wife is throwing me a B-day party, but planning on finishing it tomorrow..... Or Monday at the latest!

Old 10-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #49

Almost done! Worked on it all day yesterday, and started on it first thing this morning....

Here's a few pics:

Bondo time:

Mesh I'm using:

I payed $8.00 for a roll twice this size... I've already done one other grill with this roll.

Cut and fitted, using Zipties to hold it in place:

A shot of the grill, masked up before painting the mesh:

Just about finished with paint.... so stay tuned for installed pics!
Old 10-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #50

Smile

All done!

Not sure if I like the bare look.... thinking it needs a TRD emblem or something... what say you??
Old 10-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #51
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nice! just add this
Old 10-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #52

Smile

already on order man... been waiting for over a month for it to come in! FML!

Thinking of doing this again.... what do you guys think???

Old 10-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #53

Smile

BADGED!

Finally got the badges in the mail! Started out with simple E-bay Chrome "TRD" emblems....

Then I coated them in "Plastidip", base coated in Honda Galaxy Grey, and then cleared them.

Turned out alright.... Total cost... grill material, emblem, and other materials.... = under $20.00
Old 10-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #55

Smile

Thanks guys! I'm really liking how this turned out! I so can't wait to lift this truck! My 4Runner needs a Lifted Stable Mate!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightman80 View Post
BADGED!

Finally got the badges in the mail! Started out with simple E-bay Chrome "TRD" emblems....

Then I coated them in "Plastidip", base coated in Honda Galaxy Grey, and then cleared them.

Turned out alright.... Total cost... grill material, emblem, and other materials.... = under $20.00
sastochi looking sick!!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #57

Thanks dude!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #58

Grill is Installed...

Not sure if I like the lights behind the grill though....???

Also got some LED Licence plate lights:

Right is LED, Left is OEM:

Much better!

Also bought some LED brake light bulbs... but they don't seem to work... I'm in the process of communicating with the seller regarding getting some replacements.... but not holding my breath, as they are E.Bay items, and the price of return shipping, would be more than the bulbs themselves....
Old 11-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #59
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
looks good sir! swb is the best color, and you already have the most coveted mod, the hood scoop

how much of a pain was the armrest mod? how big a sheet of material did that take for one side? im looking into doing that in the next couple months.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #60

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKnight View Post
looks good sir! swb is the best color, and you already have the most coveted mod, the hood scoop

how much of a pain was the armrest mod? how big a sheet of material did that take for one side? im looking into doing that in the next couple months.
THanks man! I love my SWB Taco! The armrest mod wasn't too bad.... but I had issues with the Adhessive I used.... so choose wisely. I hear 3M makes a good upholstery adhesive.....??

As for the length of material... it was approximately 2' X 6', but I didn't use it all.

Thanks for checking out my stuff.... I've got a lot of more mods planned for this truck!