Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

FIGHTMAN'S SPEEDWAY BLUE TACO

Old 05-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #102
Pitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Trick
Pitchfork311's Tacoma Gallery
Question on the bed lights, I assume you cut the tape into 3 separate strips and soldered wires to connect the strips back together? what did you use on those ends to make em water tight?
Please inform me as im using the same light strips and switch, just want to make sure i got it all figured out before i install. Also did you end up installing and inline fuse? amps?
Old 06-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #103
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchfork311 View Post
Question on the bed lights, I assume you cut the tape into 3 separate strips and soldered wires to connect the strips back together? what did you use on those ends to make em water tight?
Please inform me as im using the same light strips and switch, just want to make sure i got it all figured out before i install. Also did you end up installing and inline fuse? amps?
I kept the strip in one piece.... and used an in-line, 2amp fuse.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #104
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Smile

No updates... out of work, and poor...

Just got back from camping... unloaded the truck, and loved the lighting outside.. so took a pic!

Old 07-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #105
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Where the pics with the grill installed?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #106

Smile

There's a Pic in post #96 THanks for looking!
Old 08-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #107

Smile

Little update:

I've been having issues with the install of my re-upholstered armrests. It would seem that the 2 different spray adhesives I used, were not strong enough to hold the vinyl to the armrest. I tried 3M 77, and another brand that was recommended by the staff at an upholstery store... and no luck!

So, enter my next attempt! I was talking with a cousin of mine, who suggested Lepage Heavy Duty Contact Cement. You have to brush it on both surfaces, and then let it sit for 15mins. Once it's nearly dry, you mate the 2 surfaces together. Once they are on there.... it's nearly impossible to take them apart!

Once they were mated... I stapled the crap out of them.... just to be sure!

Here's the Front Driver side done!

*Note: I also bought some Leather Handle covers from Redline Accessories. Ordering was easy, and shipping was fast! Here's a link to their Tacoma stuff....

http://www.redlinegoods.com/Tacoma05shiftboot.php
Old 08-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #108

Smile Took some pics of the 2 mistresses today... :D

Old 08-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #109
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
I like the middle picture! That's pretty sweet
Old 08-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #111

Thanks man! I'm still looking to do a lift and some tires... but haven't been able to save the funds... :/

The small stuff, was all fairly cheap to do... so been good for the budget!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
I cant see ANY of the pics.
Yeah... sorry man... Apparently, I've exceeded my bandwidth! Between this site, and the 4Runner's build page on T4R.ORG..... I've got alot of pictures floating around out there... :/

SHould be up in a couple of days... In the meantime... here's a couple of pics from my other account! I took the wife and kids out for icecream the other day, to celebrate a repair I had done on my 4Runner....

A shot of my other love....

I'll get out tomorrow... and get some pics of the Taco.... just did a fresh wash and detail on her today!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #114

Smile Got some more pics of the truck this morning.... :)

Tinted Tails and painted my E-bay TRD Logo with plasti-dip and Gunmetal paint.

LED strip in the bed for extra lighting. All wired off a contact switch. When the tail gate is down... the lights are on. When it's up, they stay off.

Overall shot of the interior. You can see I vinyl wrapped my window button panel with Carbon fiber, added an aftermarket shift knob, some leather door handle covers, and did the armrest mod. (4th attempt on the armrests.... and the vinyl is still sagging... )

48 LED panel for the Dome light

Fightman-toshi grill, with 100w lights wired to turn on when my highbeams are on.

A shot of the painted Engine cover and TRD oil Cap (I got 20 extra HP by doing these mods... )

Shot of the LED swap my buddy did on my dash cluster.... Also used Carbon Fiber Vinyl wrap on the pods...

LED lights under my hood. Wired off a contact switch.... when the hood is up, lights are on. When down... lights are off.

Carbon fiber wrapped my center console and added some LED cubholder lights and one in the glove box.

Another shot of my door panels... you can also see the Weathertech floor mats...

Closing shots...

Old 08-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #115

Smile

Decided to do the Diff Breather mod....

Saw Bruiser parked in the driveway... and decided it needed to have it's picture taken....

Then I started the long process of wire wheeling my corroded Sport Alloys... and then paint them....

More pics to come....
Old 08-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #116

Been busy painting my corroded stock Sport wheels...

Wire Wheel and dremmel to clean off the peeling paint....:

Zinc Chromate and then sandable primer...

All done:

Old 08-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #117
raskal is on a distinguished road
raskal's Tacoma Gallery
1) I'm glad to know that I'm not alone with corroded wheels
2) Why in the heck do we have corroded wheels? (aren't they simply aluminum?)
3) What was your finish paint, looks awesome
Old 08-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #118

Thanks man! I used Duplicolor Graphite color wheel paint...... and the Duplicolor Wheel paint clear coating.....
Old 09-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #119

Smile

Here are a couple of pics of the wheels on the truck....

It's taking some getting used to, but I like them!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #120
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
Nice color, looks dope