Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

AeroCooper - 2013 MGM Sport

Old 09-23-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
AeroCooper - 2013 MGM Sport

2013 MGM Sport Access Cab

Mine is on the left.

I guess this will be my "Back in The Saddle" build...

After a flatbed truck decided to occupy the same road space that I was already in I decided to let my Pyrite beast go and upgrade to an MGM Sport! And so it begins, again...

2013 MGM Sport on the day I brought her home, 9/22/12

First day, added nerf bars, In-Channel rain guards, WeatherTech floor liners, and removed the ugly dealer license plate frame.

Hooked up the iPod to the stereo. Not really a 'mod', but I'll tell ya, after spending hundreds of dollars and hours of installation on my last Tacoma stereo, this is f'in amazing! It looks way better, sounds just as good, and took seconds to plug into the USB port. Get me some McDonalds, cause I'm Lovin' It!!

Back in The Saddle

Lots more to come, I already ordered SockMonkeys and 5100s to level things out a bit.

9/23/12 - Added my Muth heated turn signal mirrors and Highlander heated mirror switch back in. Took nine hours this time. What a bitch, but well worth it in the end.

9/29/2012: Added Sockmonkeys

A little subtle on the front

And on the inside

Also on 9/29/2012: Leveled with 5100s @ 1.75"

Decided to do it myself this time, and only took around 2 hours. I used the method where you unhook the lower ball joint and lower it with a jack...no compressor needed, and worked like a charm. I really did need an extra set of hands though, so I wouldn't advise trying this alone.

10/7/2012: Did the disable A/C with defrost mod. Love this mod, and did it on my 2010 when I still had that one too.

10/10/2012: Hankook Dynapro ATMs and XD Addicts

10/12/2012: Swapped out the rear center console for the older style lidded one. It is a direct fit using the 2013 bracket.

10/13/2012: Remote Starter installed. Just in time too it seems, it was 27* last night.

I had a rare opportunity to get close to another identical, but stock, MGM Sport. It's amazing the difference 1.75" makes.

Who's yer Daddy??

And this one was beside a Double Cab Sport. I couldn't get right beside the Access Cab one.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:54 AM   #3
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Good song choice!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Nice!
Thanks! I like your wheels. In fact, I plan to paint my stock Sport wheels anthracite. I already have the TRD FJ centercaps. Not sure if I'll like it, but if not I'll just have to buy some new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Good song choice!
Thank you sir, you have excellent taste.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
That mirror looks sick. 9 hours.. it must have taken forever the first time!

Nice truck sir!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
TSSTaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Cyber Transport
Name: Patrick
TSSTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How are those WeatherTech liners? I've been talking to the wife and hinting at Husky Liners for my truck but I don't know which is better.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:31 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSTaco View Post
How are those WeatherTech liners? I've been talking to the wife and hinting at Husky Liners for my truck but I don't know which is better.
WeatherTechs are great. I had them in my '10 as well and I would have kept using them except the retention method is different starting with the '12 models. I got black this time as opposed to the grey I had before, and the black looks better initially with my current interior, but they also show the mud a lot more...the curse of the black. But functionally, you can't beat them. Any water from rain, melting snow, etc. stays where it should until it evaporates or you dump it out. Just hose them off once in a while and you're back in business. I never once had to vacuum my truck using these.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
TSSTaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Cyber Transport
Name: Patrick
TSSTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
WeatherTechs are great. I had them in my '10 as well and I would have kept using them except the retention method is different starting with the '12 models. I got black this time as opposed to the grey I had before, and the black looks better initially with my current interior, but they also show the mud a lot more...the curse of the black. But functionally, you can't beat them. Any water from rain, melting snow, etc. stays where it should until it evaporates or you dump it out. Just hose them off once in a while and you're back in business. I never once had to vacuum my truck using these.
Awesome man. Definitely look better than the Husky Liners in my opinion.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, wondering about those mirrors....Can it work on a 2010 and if so, how do I get them and how much? Are you just taking the whole setup off of a highlander?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Hey man, wondering about those mirrors....Can it work on a 2010 and if so, how do I get them and how much? Are you just taking the whole setup off of a highlander?
Yes, they work on a '10, in fact, I first put them on my '10, but when that got hit by a flatbed I traded it in and took some of my mods with me to put on the 2013, including the mirrors.

They are Muth mirrors, and a Highlander switch. You also have to add a relay or the switch will burn out, and an add-a-fuse kit. There are a few threads on it here, including this one.

It is an expensive project, probably around $350 with all the parts, but I don't regret it at all. It is very worth it if you get frost where you live.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #11
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I live in alaska. We get frost.

How much? I ain't scaret.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
I live in alaska. We get frost.

How much? I ain't scaret.
Around $350, I edited the post above with more details.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
Purveyor of Fun

Thanks dude, I think I have found my next mod. I wonder if there is a way to trigger it with the autostart.....Dont have one yet, but that'd be cool to have everything turn on as the truck warms up.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #16
MGM Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
MGM Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
looks good, did you actually swap out the entire mirror for this swap like you also have stock MGM sport turn signal mirror set?? or did i mis understand lol. if you have the stock set and want to sell them let me know
Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM Tacoma View Post
looks good, did you actually swap out the entire mirror for this swap like you also have stock MGM sport turn signal mirror set?? or did i mis understand lol. if you have the stock set and want to sell them let me know
The mirror housing is the stock one. I only replaced the mirror glass.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
Jareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
Jareds Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Is it perfectly level or a little bit nose high? Can't really tell in the pictures.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareds Toyota View Post
Nice truck! Is it perfectly level or a little bit nose high? Can't really tell in the pictures.
Thanks. No, the front is about 1/2" lower than the back on the right, and the front left is 3/4" lower than the back.