Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Bajarnnr's 2012 4wd TRD DC Tacoma build

Old 12-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #41
Rock magnet
BajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement: Police Sergeant
Name: Drew
BajaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Have you calibrated your speedometer for the taller tires? The stock 265/70-16 actually run the speedometer too fast, making you think your mileage is that good. When you go to a taller tire, your gas mileage reading will drop... but may be closer to REAL mileage. I went up to the tallest tire without a lift, the 265/75-16 and my speedometer finally reads the same as my GPS speed.
No I haven't, I too just used my GPS for speed accuracy. Just something else I will have to do.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #42
Rock magnet
BajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud of

Two of the three Relentless Fabrication skids are on!!! Floor jack made it easy to hold them up in place so I could move around to install the hardware. These things are stout, I feel much better knowing the front diff, oil pan and transmission are protected. Now I just need to get the crossover exhaust pipe modified so I can install the T-case skid plate. Thanks for building a great product Eric, and for the fast delivery!!!

Front skid plate:

Transmission skid plate:

The crossover pipe I need my exhaust shop to raise up......

.......so I can install this, the T-case skid plate.

Sliders are coming soon, in the process of being built. I should get them by the end of January. Opted for the bolt on option.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #44
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
That is BEAUTIFUL! Any issues in the snow... What drive modes did you use (H4, L4, A-TRAC and/or Locker)?
Old 12-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #45
Rock magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
That is BEAUTIFUL! Any issues in the snow... What drive modes did you use (H4, L4, A-TRAC and/or Locker)?
Not really any issues on the trails, other than some slipping on icy sections. I ran mostly in 4H on the light areas and 4L in the deep areas. ATRAC never kicked in and I didn't need to engage the locker. BFG A/T's on the street in areas that had packed snow cover was a little sketch, making me consider Dura Tracs for my next tire. On the trail the A/T's gave me great traction.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #46
TACOmobbin is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
TACOmobbin's Tacoma Gallery
sooooo jealous
Old 04-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #49
Rock magnet

Mounted the fairlead and pulled the winch out and all the electrical. Winch is just sitting on the mount until I mount it this Saturday. Still waiting for my Viking safety thimble to show up, guess I'll be using the hook till it gets delivered. If anyone wants to help me out with the install feel free to chime in.

This is going to save me from having to scrape my hands to plug in the remote.

Solenoid is ready with the wireless system hooked up.

Can't wait till Saturday!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #50
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
clean truck sir
Old 04-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #52
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice truck
Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #53
Rock magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Very nice truck
Thanks, one day when my bumper is trashed I'll try talking the wife into letting me get one of your bumpers.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #54
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaRunner View Post
Thanks, one day when my bumper is trashed I'll try talking the wife into letting me get one of your bumpers.
Haha, I hear ya. I started with a hidden mount I made, worked great actually. Only issue was approach angle, I tore it up pretty bad after a few trips. That's when I went to work on the full bumper.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #55
Rock magnet

Got the winch and winch mount installed. It's a strong platform, but I'm not thrilled with the amount of hacking I had to do on the bumper skin. The Viking fairlead I want would fit better with what I had to cut, so I'm replacing this one with the Viking. All around I'm happy with it. Still need to install the Viking thimble. I'll get around to that this week.

[/URL]

This is the antenna for the wireless remote.

And done....... for now. Need to trim a tad more and need to clean up the ruff spots. Going to get a sheet of aluminum to cover the trimmed area and the bumper, to protect the bumper from the winch line. Eventually when my bumper gets tore up, I'll replace it with a plate bumper.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #56
Rock magnet

Finally got my crossover pipe modified and got the transfer skid installed. Also got a resonator installed on my Magnaflow catback system. Made a difference and the exhaust tone sounds cleaner.

This is the modified Y pipe, it's not pretty, but it gets the job done. Muffler shop made a bracket to raise the exhaust shield so the Y pipe could be tucked up higher. I have a 1/4 inch gap between the Y pipe and the skid.

For those of you with 2012's and wanting Relentless fab skids, this is the modification you will have to do to make the T case skid fit without any contact with the exhaust.

Now I just need my Relentless Fab sliders to arrive.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #57
BajaHa187 is on a distinguished road
BajaHa187's Tacoma Gallery
Can I order those relentless skids individually or only as a set? That's my next investment since my truck doesn't have the best lift. It's good for what I do, but sometimes the moonshine kicks in and my truck gets a mind of its own
Old 04-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #58
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaHa187 View Post
Can I order those relentless skids individually or only as a set? That's my next investment since my truck doesn't have the best lift. It's good for what I do, but sometimes the moonshine kicks in and my truck gets a mind of its own
They can be ordered individually or as a set, whatever you would like to do.

Matt
Old 04-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #59
Rock magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaHa187 View Post
You can order the skids individually, or in a package deal, which ends up saveing you money.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #60
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build for sure! Where did your front bumper go? or did you only update the front page with the bumper? I looked pretty hard at the undercover winch mount while back.... Still debating on a full front plate bumper... Most of your latest mods are just what I want to do!!!