Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Bajarnnr's 2012 4wd TRD DC Tacoma build

Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Rock magnet
BajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement: Police Sergeant
Name: Drew
BajaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Bajarnnr's 2012 4wd TRD DC Tacoma build

So I guess it's time I start one of these.

Stock: Big Bear 3N16

Pop N Lock:

Garmin Nuvi 770 on RAM mount:

GPS external antenna:

Bak Industries Roll Bak tonneau cover:

Fox 2.5 remote resi C/O's

Icon 3 leaf AAL's (Load leafs removed a week later due to excessive driveline vibs):

Total Chaos UCA's:

Fox's are coming off in the next few weeks to a month and will be replaced with Icon's at all four corners. Anybody interested in the Fox C/O's PM me.

Big Bear 3N43:

Going back up.

Lamin-Xed fogs:

New shoes 285/75R16 BFG A/Ts (B.O.R.A. 1.25 wheel adapters in there somewhere):

Trimmed plastic and body mounts:
I trimmed more than required, because I wanted to make sure I had zero rubbing. I also hammered the pinch weld over 45 degrees, so I shouldn't have any issues at full stuff.

This one you can see where I was trying to recut a strait line, this was when the cut off wheel grenaded on me. Had emergency eye surgery Sunday morning to have embedded pieces removed from my right eye. Damn good thing I was wearing eye protection, might have lost an eye without. As soon as I'm up to it I'll weld in the filler plates that I bought from Bay Area Metal Fab.

And damnit, why did I have to find this!!!! My wife is going to be mad at me, I told her I wasn't doing a front bumper.

Got a big settlement check coming, so stay tuned for mods to come.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
jdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of light
jdm.obp's Tacoma Gallery
nice start man. Gotta do my cab mount chop soon too.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
Rock magnet
BajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm.obp View Post
nice start man. Gotta do my cab mount chop soon too.
Thanks, considering my senario, it was easy to do. Invest in a face shield, don't wear safety glasses!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
Rock magnet

I ran part of Cleghorn this afternoon to flex out the truck and address any rub issues.

Stuffed!!!

Further up the mountain:

I need to address the rear:

After the rock garden (I bypassed):

I was going to do this next, but the rubbing in the rear was too much. I didn't want to pop off a flare.

So I cut this off at an angle on both sides and hammered the pinch weld flat against the firewall:

I'm now rub free in the front:

Can't say so much for the rear. I'll have to raise the rear bumps 3/8 to 1/2 an inch, or reinstall my load leafs with the angle shims I picked up. Will have to wait until I get the all Pro Offroad U bolt flip kit and Timbrens.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
Rock magnet

Icon 2.5 extended travel remote resi coilovers (ordered)

Icon 2.5 remote resi rear shocks (ordered)

OME Dakar leafs packs (ordered)

All Pro rear ubolt flip kit w/ Timbrens (ordered)

Relentless Fabrication sliders w/ kickout (order pending)

Relentless Fabrication full skids (order pending)
Old 10-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 10-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
clcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to behold
clcoyle's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice.... I did the same Cleghorn shake down run in my Tacoma as well.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
Rock magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by clcoyle View Post
Very nice.... I did the same Cleghorn shake down run in my Tacoma as well.
It's a fun trail with plenty of technical sections to flex out the suspension.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #9
Rock magnet

Picking up the Icon's from Tim at DMZ fab this afternoon. Got a call from TRDparts4U yesterday the Dakars are on back order
All Pro Ubolt flip kit should be on it's way.
Still waiting to hear back from Relentless Fab about the armor.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Man knows how to take some pics good start!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #12
Rock magnet

So I picked up my shocks and coilovers this afternoon from DMZ fab. Went home and installed them, but I'm not sure how to mount the rear resi bracket. anyway, I'll figure it out, in the mean time some crappy pics with my point and shoot camera. I'll get better pics tomrrow in the daylight with my better camera.
Items still still to arrive are All Pro Ubolt flip w/Timbrens (enroute), Back ordered Dakars, Relentless sliders/ skids (pending/ ordered).

Icon Ext. travel 2.5 remote resi coilovers:

Icon rear 2.5 remote resi shocks:

Console Vault:

Old 10-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
Rock magnet

Skids finally ordered!!! I'm holding off on the T-case skid untill I get the crossover pipe modified to be tucked up higher. I want to order the T-case skid smooth. Also ordered Weather Tech Digital fit floor liners.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #15
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
rear 2.5s!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #17
Rock magnet

Comms ordered!!!

Went with the Kenwood TM-V71A, Diamond HRKS mount and Diamond SG7500A antenna. Going to mount the face plate in the rectangular space next to the gear shifter. The mount appears to be strong enough to rip paint off the body, so I plan to mount it on the back window. Still waiting on my all Pro Ubolt flip kit and Timbrens, skids and sliders to show up.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #20
Rock magnet

Relentless Fabrication skids enroute. Sliders with kick out being built, should get them by January.

TM-V71A Kenwood, Diamond antenna and mount arrived today. Need to take the antenna back to the Anaheim store. missing a set screw from when they dissassembled to ship.

All Pro Ubolt flip kit and front/rear Timbrens should arrive Thursday or Friday

Weather Tech digital fit floor liners enroute.