Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Benson X's 'Bout Time BBQ Build

Old 01-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #21
Red Buck is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Red Buck's Tacoma Gallery
Roof rack

Hi Benson X, I see you have a rack on your Lear cap. Can you please tell me how far apart you spaced the rails? I plan to install my own this winter. Tnks
Old 02-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #24
PL 4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: PL
PL 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Well done Ben!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #26
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful truck man, loving the winch mount! Your truck is inspiring me to keep my LB and start wheeling it. Do you plan on making your own skids or buying them?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #28
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Beautiful truck man, loving the winch mount! Your truck is inspiring me to keep my LB and start wheeling it. Do you plan on making your own skids or buying them?
Thanks man. I love the space of the DC/LB, even though it is not as nimble on tight trails.

I'd like to make my own skids to save money and incorporate some custom designs. If I do buy them though, I would definitely get a full set from Relentless or Bud-Built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Nice build op truck looks great
Thanks Juan Check out my write-ups too.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #31
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
Thanks man. I love the space of the DC/LB, even though it is not as nimble on tight trails.

I'd like to make my own skids to save money and incorporate some custom designs. If I do buy them though, I would definitely get a full set from Relentless or Bud-Built.
I'm gonna start researching building my own. I'm gonna start a thread to get some input from others that may have done their own
Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #32
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
I'm gonna start researching building my own. I'm gonna start a thread to get some input from others that may have done their own
Sounds like a good idea. Skids are pretty straight forward, but without a plasma/CNC cutter and welding equipment/experience, building a set myself seems pretty far-fetched.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #33
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
How did you get 3.5" of lift? I thought the 885's gave around 2.5" on LB's? I just picked up some 885x's and I want to get a full 3" so I was going to do the top plate spacer... How are your CV angles at 3.5" any issues? I was also contemplating setting my 5100's to .85 with the 885's and no top plate...

Sick truck! Like the hidden winch!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #34
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
This thing is bad ass man.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #35
...and we're back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
How did you get 3.5" of lift? I thought the 885's gave around 2.5" on LB's? I just picked up some 885x's and I want to get a full 3" so I was going to do the top plate spacer... How are your CV angles at 3.5" any issues? I was also contemplating setting my 5100's to .85 with the 885's and no top plate...

Sick truck! Like the hidden winch!
I have the 885s, OME 90k shocks, and the 1/2" ToyTec spacer on each side CV angles are fine. Here are my measurements:

Front Driver: 38.25"
Front Passenger: 38.5"
Rear Driver: 40.25"
Rear Passenger: 40.5"

I also run 285/70r17s, lotsa weight in the rear, and have my winch/winch mount up front (+90lbs)

Let me know how that compares to yours.

Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
This thing is bad ass man.
Hell yeah, thanks Ken! It was cool meeting you at the mod-day and seeing you briefly at the swap meet. Hope to see you and your truck at some other meets in the future!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #38
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^^ Thanks Tony! It's getting there, I got my IFS skid ready to weld up and slap it on there, just gotta finish the mid and t-case skids.
That is one of the things i need to look at next is skids
Old 03-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #39
...and we're back!

Yeah, I desperately need them:

I need to work out a plan to get a front and rear bumper too. Went to the annual 4x4 Swap Meet with Mike (Chickenmunga) this weekend and almost pulled the trigger on a Badlands from bumper. My g/f would be completely pissed though, and Mike was not helping the situation :P.

$500 for a badass tube/hybrid bumper already powder-coated with a set of HIDs installed is pretty hard to pass up though...

***I still want that bumper (DAMN YOU MIKE!!!). Think I might sell some old music gear to help fund it. If I get the bumper I will be selling my alum. hidden winch mount for cheap. I also still have some stock parts and my T-Shirts/Hoodies FS.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #40
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, I desperately need them:

I need to work out a plan to get a front and rear bumper too. Went to the annual 4x4 Swap Meet with Mike (Chickenmunga) this weekend and almost pulled the trigger on a Badlands from bumper. My g/f would be completely pissed though, and Mike was not helping the situation :P.

$500 for a badass tube/hybrid bumper already powder-coated with a set of HIDs installed is pretty hard to pass up though...

Well can't say I would have been much help either, some say do it now ask for forgiveness later