Notices

removing fender flares

Old 01-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
rockymtntaco
rockymtntaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 917th MXS
rockymtntaco's Tacoma Gallery
removing fender flares

The factory fender flares are just faded and basically i just dont like them, so i was wondering if anyone had taken them off? Is there damage to the paint underneath? How did it change the look of the truck? I thought about getting rhino linder sprayed on where the fenders would be just to create the look of flares.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:22 AM   #2
rockymtntaco
soo no takers? well after i do it i guess i will...let myself know how it turns out?
Old 01-19-2009, 06:08 AM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
^^
talking to yourself is always fun...

Not sure if I've seen it done before, but I would imagine the flares are just stuck on there with some hardcore double sided tape or something like that. I think it would look funny without the flares on there...

maybe replace with the bushwacker pocket flares.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:22 AM   #4
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...x-fenders.html

That's a post where there are some pics of a truck minus the fenders while they were being "line-x'd" The truck will have "holes" where the fenders mount so something would need to be put in their place. I really like the rhino lined or line-x'd fender look on the right color truck.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:43 AM   #6
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...n-removal.html
Old 01-19-2009, 07:42 AM   #7
rockymtntaco
thanks for the help!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #8
iDigTulsa is a jewel in the roughiDigTulsa is a jewel in the roughiDigTulsa is a jewel in the rough

Name: Luke
iDigTulsa's Tacoma Gallery
Give This A Try First...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtntaco View Post
The factory fender flares are just faded and basically i just dont like them, so i was wondering if anyone had taken them off?
If the only reason you are considering their removal is the fact that they are faded give the Magic Eraser a shot at them first. Check this out.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...t-replace.html