Notices

modsquad's ExpoTaco Build

Old 11-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #21
TurtleGuy
modsquad will become famous soon enoughmodsquad will become famous soon enough

Name: Andrew
modsquad's Tacoma Gallery
Retrieval Duty - SNORE Event Oct 2012, Primm, NV

Rollovers! fires! amazing racing! got to use my new winch!, what can I say, that was an awesome weekend. Thanks for the introduction Derek, I'll be back for the race in December.

Wish I had been able to take more pictures.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #22
cowbell is on a distinguished road

Name: tom
cowbell's Tacoma Gallery
Noticed a re-gear in your future. What are you thinking on the ratio? Will you re-gear for off road only or use it as a daily?
Old 11-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #23
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
hey man i had some questions about your ipad mount and such.

i just got an ipad 2 with wifi only from the inlaws and want to be able to use it for trail rides/extended hunts for nav.
how do you like your set up?
how do you like the blue tooth gps(reception and what not when you do and do not have cell phone reception)?
where did you get your mount from?
how good is the gaia offline tracking your movements?
Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #24
TurtleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
hey man i had some questions about your ipad mount and such.

i just got an ipad 2 with wifi only from the inlaws and want to be able to use it for trail rides/extended hunts for nav.
how do you like your set up?
how do you like the blue tooth gps(reception and what not when you do and do not have cell phone reception)?
where did you get your mount from?
how good is the gaia offline tracking your movements?
I love my ipad setup. Cell phone reception isnt an issue at all, mine is wifi only too. I download topo layers ahead of time at home on the wireless for the areas I'm covering. Gaia works great, has access to current and historical topo maps and satellite layers, cool stuff, all free after the cost of the app, no additional cost.

The system has worked great in the backcountry and has been such an asset in unfamiliar areas. Just used it out in Death Valley where I spent the Thanksgiving holiday. So much better (and more fun) than a handheld GPS and a map!

The only fault so far is that I sometimes have to restart the ipad, to restart Gaia, so it'll recognize the Bluetooth connection. The Dual GPS is actually connected to the ipad when this happens, it's recognized by the Dual GPS app and gives a lat/long location but the Gaia app wont display a current location for some reason. Always fixed with a restart, and then the issue is resolved until either the ipad or GPS shuts off. No biggie.

See my earlier posts for mounting specifics, all the additional info you need is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbell View Post
Noticed a re-gear in your future. What are you thinking on the ratio? Will you re-gear for off road only or use it as a daily?
A re-gear is in my future, but I'll remain on the conservative side and probably go with 4.27 or 4.56. But I hear 4.27 is hard to find for us.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #25
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck! I'd love to make it out to death valley sometime, looks like fun.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #26
TurtleGuy

The truck is getting some love over at Famous Fab today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
Great looking truck! I'd love to make it out to death valley sometime, looks like fun.
Thanks! DV is awesome. Scary big. Not my video, but check out this spot if you ever visit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py8TllwL7fI
Old 12-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #27
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
That didn't take you long!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #28
TurtleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
That didn't take you long!
Everyone I work with is like "what happened to your truck?!". DIFFERENT TRUCK! It didnt change into a doublecab overnight... I stood out before but yours really stands out in my work lot.

So fucking excited for this bumper
Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #29
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by modsquad View Post
Everyone I work with is like "what happened to your truck?!". DIFFERENT TRUCK! It didnt change into a doublecab overnight... I stood out before but yours really stands out in my work lot.

So fucking excited for this bumper
Pic of work lot...
Old 12-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #30
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Does your mount move around when off road? Or is it pretty sturdy? And which specific model is it?
Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #31
Khmer Member
tacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
tacowestley's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Im thinking of doing the same suspension as yours. btw do you rub with 285s and the cab mount chop?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #32
TurtleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
Does your mount move around when off road? Or is it pretty sturdy? And which specific model is it?
I was cheap and didnt get a locking/docking iPad dock.

http://www.rammount.com/newproducts/...default.aspx#/

The upright post bolts right into the passenger seat floor bolt spot. Moves around a slight bit when I roll side to side (as when offroad) but forward/back (as in stop and go traffic) its rock steady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacowestley View Post
Nice truck! Im thinking of doing the same suspension as yours. btw do you rub with 285s and the cab mount chop?
Thanks, adjustable suspension is great, especially since I've added weight to the truck slowly over time and they allow for easy adjustment. No rub with the 285s and a CMC. I used the pre-sized CMC plates from Bay Area Metal Fab.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #33
TurtleGuy

Picture/Video Update:

Southern Nevada Off-Road Enthusiasts (SNORE) race retrieval duty. Rage at the River 2012, Laughlin Nevada, December 2012. Once again, I need to take more pictures, but it's tough when you're busy! This shit is really fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrOyA9XE0Aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkweorI6c9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzCV1G-DPGI

Finishing up the Famous Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier Buildup:
(entire setup is currently at Snail Motorsports getting a powdercoat before final install.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #34
TurtleGuy

LED Light Bar Setup:
(not complete, second 20" bar awaiting install after powdercoat on hoop mounting plate, these things are so fucking bright!!)

Yes that's THREE tacomas in my driveway!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #35
TurtleGuy

Final lightbar setup, but I ruined the AllPro front bumper, so that's coming off (damage not really visible, but the whole thing is compromised structurally and has changed shape). I ran into a nasty concrete/metal pole combination under tow that was buried in a berm at the last SNORE race in Primm. Badlands Baja bumper is in powder coat and will hopefully be done and installed soon. During my search it was hard to find quality photos of the badlands on a tacoma, so I'll post pictures when this happens.

So what should I do with a compromised early version all pro? The dent isn't very noticeable, but I do tow and recover using the forward points and a winch, so I decided to replace it. Should I just sell the wings and hoop and scrap the rest? The main base section is where the issues are.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #36
gbtoy4x4 will become famous soon enough

Name: Greg
gbtoy4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Post up on the vegas forum, maybe get a few dollars for the whole thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsquad View Post
Final lightbar setup, but I ruined the AllPro front bumper, so that's coming off (damage not really visible, but the whole thing is compromised structurally and has changed shape). I ran into a nasty concrete/metal pole combination under tow that was buried in a berm at the last SNORE race in Primm. Badlands Baja bumper is in powder coat and will hopefully be done and installed soon. During my search it was hard to find quality photos of the badlands on a tacoma, so I'll post pictures when this happens.

So what should I do with a compromised early version all pro? The dent isn't very noticeable, but I do tow and recover using the forward points and a winch, so I decided to replace it. Should I just sell the wings and hoop and scrap the rest? The main base section is where the issues are.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #37
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Pic of new bumper installed?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #38
TurtleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Pic of new bumper installed?
Hopefully I will be able to pick it up today and get it on before the meetup tonight. Supposedly they sprayed/baked it yesterday. Snail has had it for over a month now...! Quality powdercoat, but terrible customer service.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #40
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
hey man any news on your switch panel up by the sunglass holder? Let me know what happens with that because I'm definitely interested in following your footsteps on that.