Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Jermoids - 2012 white dbcb build

Old 10-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #21
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicetaco View Post
Truck looks sweet... I really like the white!
thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma20 View Post
Ok thanks for the info will be ordering some asap !
no problem, you won't be disappointed..
Old 10-31-2012, 10:10 PM   #23
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Nice '12 White Double cab

~M
you too
Old 10-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #24
Cmane is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
Cmane's Tacoma Gallery
Love the lift man, I plan on putting 5100s on mine in December and am on the fence about the block in the back but yours looks good
Old 10-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmane View Post
Love the lift man, I plan on putting 5100s on mine in December and am on the fence about the block in the back but yours looks good
thanks.
i didn't think about doing the block at first, but like i said earlier, it looked nose high to me after installing the 5100's.
it measured perfectly level but didn't look right, so i put in the 1" blocks.
i couldn't find any negative feedback with the 1" blocks.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #26

did a little plasti dip job, very easy to do..........

Old 11-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #27
ToyoDrew will become famous soon enoughToyoDrew will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
ToyoDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
I was debating painting or plasti dip'ing the wheels but im kind of liking the way it looks now. i was also thinking some spacers to have the wheels stick out a little more but im not too sure.
thoughts?
I love your truck! Since I want to do much of what you have already done, I think you should put on the wheel spacers so I can see how they.

Have you noticed any difference in the ride after putting in the blocks in the rear?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoDrew View Post
I love your truck! Since I want to do much of what you have already done, I think you should put on the wheel spacers so I can see how they.

Have you noticed any difference in the ride after putting in the blocks in the rear?
hey thanks!!
im not sure about the spacers, it drives perfect the way it is, and the idea of them, although i like the look, really doesn't sit well with me, i don't want to end up with vibrations or anything like that. im not sure what kind of experiences other people have had with them, but im still on the fence about them.
i think it actually drives better with the blocks, it felt like i was pointing up in the air when i just had it leveled with the 5100's.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #29

did a little plasti dipping

Old 12-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #30
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good... So you still happy with the 5100's and 1' block? I just ordered all mine today 1' Toytec block and billies for all 4 corners.

no axle wrap or anything with the blocks? Any difference in the ride once you installed the blocks?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #31

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
Looks good... So you still happy with the 5100's and 1' block? I just ordered all mine today 1' Toytec block and billies for all 4 corners.

no axle wrap or anything with the blocks? Any difference in the ride once you installed the blocks?
thanks! still love it, no issues what so ever. the front feels a little stiffer but i honestly can barely tell any difference from stock. my only issue is seeing all the monsters on this site and wanted to go bigger! lol
still on the fence about throwing on some spidertrax 1.25" spacers to pop the wheels out a bit, i've heard it can cause some rubbing in spots and im not going to start hacking stuff up and with the crap weather and roads here i need the mud flaps.

EDIT: i don't know how that unhappy face got up there or how to get rid of it! lol
Old 12-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #32
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks and ya I know my biggest issue was seeing the bigger lifted trucks and wanting the but the wife won't let me spend all that cash lol...

Plus I am putting 18's and either duratracs or BF AT's..

If I was you I would skip the spacers and get some different rims so you get a wider stance with the width and back spacing... But that costs coin...
Old 12-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
Thanks and ya I know my biggest issue was seeing the bigger lifted trucks and wanting the but the wife won't let me spend all that cash lol...

Plus I am putting 18's and either duratracs or BF AT's..

If I was you I would skip the spacers and get some different rims so you get a wider stance with the width and back spacing... But that costs coin...
it's a little more then i want to spend right now, the tires alone were a pretty large chunk of change, add in new wheels and sensors and it can really add up.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #34
double_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to alldouble_b is a name known to all
double_b's Tacoma Gallery
I'm subbing to this thread. I really like the look of your truck and it's pretty much exactly what I picture what I want mine to look like. I'm trying to get the rear TSB done on mine now then plan on doing the 5100's in the front.. Great job
Old 12-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_b View Post
I'm subbing to this thread. I really like the look of your truck and it's pretty much exactly what I picture what I want mine to look like. I'm trying to get the rear TSB done on mine now then plan on doing the 5100's in the front.. Great job
thank you, it's slowly coming along.
i put on some black smitty built step sides and a shorty antenna, i'll post up a pic when i get a chance.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:41 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
Nice Truck! I'm using yours as a model for when I start to build mine this spring, I love the way it sits.
thank you!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #38
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
The truck looks great .

Im about to order my 5100's , I plan on setting the front to 1.75". And you have me thinking about doing lift blocks in the rear, I can see what you mean about the front looking alittle high in other peoples pictures .
My only concern is im going to be running a OEM tire size for a long time, will it look stupid ?
Old 01-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #39
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
^OEM tires won't look stupid. You're changing the ride height by such a small margin, so you won't have a weird wheel well gap, just a level truck.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pra4sno View Post
^OEM tires won't look stupid. You're changing the ride height by such a small margin, so you won't have a weird wheel well gap, just a level truck.
im not sure becuase i put on my tires at the same time but like pra4sno said, i don't think it's a big enough lift for it to look bad. there must be someone on this site that has that lift with stock size tires on here somewhere.