LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Jermoids - 2012 white dbcb build

Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #41
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
The factory tire size is what a large number of the forum members are running on their trucks after leveling them out at 1.5-1.75" in the front.

A lot of members are also at 3" of lift in the front, and 2" in the rear, and running 265/75/R16 or R17s. Its about what can articulate fully and still fit in your wheel wells.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #42
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
updated my build with some new "as of today" pics, smittybilt step sides, shorty antenna and new MKW M19 satin black wheels!!

Old 01-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #43
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
She's looking good man....
Old 01-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #44
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
She's looking good man....
Thanks!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #45
mking will become famous soon enoughmking will become famous soon enough

Name: SilverSurfer
mking's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=jermoids;5833086]as of jan 18th 2013, smittybilt stepsides, antennax shorty antenna and of course my new MKW M19 satin black wheels!!

Love these side steps was debating these or the nfab ones decided to go with these since your truck made it look good.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #46

[QUOTE=mking;6379745]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
as of jan 18th 2013, smittybilt stepsides, antennax shorty antenna and of course my new MKW M19 satin black wheels!!

Love these side steps was debating these or the nfab ones decided to go with these since your truck made it look good.
glad i could help! i love mine and they seem pretty well made.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #47

mking's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=jermoids;6380001]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mking View Post

glad i could help! i love mine and they seem pretty well made.

I got mine in today looks like on the brackets you can pretty much position where and how far out you want your steps to hang. Did you put them all the way up to get them nice and tucked to the truck like your picture?
Old 02-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #48

[QUOTE=mking;6395762]
Quote:

I got mine in today looks like on the brackets you can pretty much position where and how far out you want your steps to hang. Did you put them all the way up to get them nice and tucked to the truck like your picture?
i put them on leaving the bolts loose and played with them until they looked level, then tightened them up. the install is very simple but having a second set of hands and eyes is nice.
i basically just eyeballed them to the spot i liked.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #49

mking's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=jermoids;6396289]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mking View Post

i put them on leaving the bolts loose and played with them until they looked level, then tightened them up. the install is very simple but having a second set of hands and eyes is nice.
i basically just eyeballed them to the spot i liked.

cool, Thanks!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #50
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck would look real nice with BHLM no pressure PM if you have questions on the process.

Really clean/tidy, nicely tied together. Guess I'm partial to white trucks too.

~M
Old 02-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #51
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What did you pay to get your 5100's and block done? Or did you do them yourself... I was old like 500 I am thinking that may be high
Old 02-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Your truck would look real nice with BHLM no pressure PM if you have questions on the process.

Really clean/tidy, nicely tied together. Guess I'm partial to white trucks too.

~M
thanks, i have been thinking about doing it, we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
What did you pay to get your 5100's and block done? Or did you do them yourself... I was old like 500 I am thinking that may be high
i paid about $620 for the 4 5100's and the 1" blocks, bought online.
5100's $470
blocks $150
then the install, can't really remember exactly what it was since i bought tires at the same time and did some other things.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #53
JiggyZ is on a distinguished road
JiggyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Love the look.

I just got a 2013 DCLB 4 X 4 sport and am looking to do something similar.

i.e. upgrade tires, conservative lift, black wheels and a little black out, with little drop off in ride characteristics.

A couple of questions:

It looks like you bought the Duratecs and had them mounted on your stock rims and then replaced the rims with a matching size and much cooler look, yes?

Did the 5100s and spacer give you any additional weight capacity (passengers and bed)? I do some long term beach camping and by the time I get 3 occupants (600lbs), ice (300lbs), kayak and fishing gear (100lbs), tent, shade, grill, etc. (200lbs), other (200lbs) I am over the recommended 1050lbs. Not a big deal on the pavement but the beach I go to can get very rough and we can travel up to 60 miles on it to get to our destination.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyZ View Post
Love the look.

I just got a 2013 DCLB 4 X 4 sport and am looking to do something similar.

i.e. upgrade tires, conservative lift, black wheels and a little black out, with little drop off in ride characteristics.

A couple of questions:

It looks like you bought the Duratecs and had them mounted on your stock rims and then replaced the rims with a matching size and much cooler look, yes?

Did the 5100s and spacer give you any additional weight capacity (passengers and bed)? I do some long term beach camping and by the time I get 3 occupants (600lbs), ice (300lbs), kayak and fishing gear (100lbs), tent, shade, grill, etc. (200lbs), other (200lbs) I am over the recommended 1050lbs. Not a big deal on the pavement but the beach I go to can get very rough and we can travel up to 60 miles on it to get to our destination.
hey, thanks!
yes i had the duratracs mounted on my stock 17" sport wheels, fit in perfect and no rubbing anywhere.
as for the weight thing, i really have no idea, i never had any weight issues before the upgrade but also have never loaded it up other then having 5 people in the cab, and had no issues there.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #55
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weather Journeyman
Name: Zach
usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
as of jan 18th 2013, smittybilt stepsides, antennax shorty antenna and of course my new MKW M19 satin black wheels!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24 Nov 2012, plasti dipped wheels, hood scoop and front toyota emblem...

as it sits today, after 1" blocks adden in the back, 15 Oct 2012................

Hey everyone, here's my build so far.

It's not a monster truck but exactly what i wanted.

Bilstein 5100's all the way around, fronts set at 1.75" on stock springs.
1" readylift blocks in the back.
265/70/R17 duratracs on stock trd sport wheels.

I love the look, and the feel. Drives straight and smooth.

Tires fit in perfect with no rubbing at all, anywhere.

I know it's not huge, but i still feel like i want to drive over stuff now!

Here it is the day i bought it, Feb 2012....

And here it is after installing the 5100's and the new tires, Oct 13th 2012....

I was debating painting or plasti dip'ing the wheels but im kind of liking the way it looks now. i was also thinking some spacers to have the wheels stick out a little more but im not too sure.
thoughts?
Love the build. I'm doing a 2'' spacer lift up front was wondering since you have your billies at 1.75'' was the lean noticable before you added the 1'' block, not sure if I want to do a block or not yet. Thanks, Zach
Old 02-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafwx View Post
Love the build. I'm doing a 2'' spacer lift up front was wondering since you have your billies at 1.75'' was the lean noticable before you added the 1'' block, not sure if I want to do a block or not yet. Thanks, Zach
thanks zack!
i thought it was noticeable, measured level but looked just a tiny bit nose high to me. i would do your front lift first and see what you think, you might not need anything in back. another reason why i put the blocks in the back is because it felt like i was pointing up in the air when i was driving with just the 5100's
Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #57
g.stylie is on a distinguished road
g.stylie's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome man! I have the same truck in black...but stock right now. I'm glad I found this thread- I have the same ideas in mind, but it's great to see pics. Nice work! What are those wheel specs?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.stylie View Post
Looks awesome man! I have the same truck in black...but stock right now. I'm glad I found this thread- I have the same ideas in mind, but it's great to see pics. Nice work! What are those wheel specs?
thanks! wheel specs are 17x8.5 / 0 Offset / 106mm bore
i do have a little bit of rubbing on the front mud flabs just in front of the cab mount. it's not to bad, will do a little trimming when the weather gets better. hopefully that's all it will need.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #59
Eric1384 is on a distinguished road
Eric1384's Tacoma Gallery
How's everything holding up? About to make the same mod's, and was wondering if you had any recommendations.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1384 View Post
How's everything holding up? About to make the same mod's, and was wondering if you had any recommendations.
everything is great, the only thing i would do different is probably an 8" wide rim instead of and 8.5", or possible a different offset to maybe save on having to do a little trimming. i researched and asked a lot of questions and was told that the specs i was purchasing would not rub, they do a tiny bit with the wheels fully turned.