Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Jermoids - 2012 white dbcb build

Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #81
OSUbeaver is on a distinguished road

OSUbeaver's Tacoma Gallery
'Tis legit! Dig the DCLB SPORT in Superwhite. Curious if you are really running 265/70/17s? They look bigger but it could be the ride height being 1.75" as opposed to the 2.5" Im used to seeing.

But fur real tho, nice black accents. How many cans of Plasti Dip did the wheels take when you had them, and did they wear well or just flake off?
Old 07-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #82
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUbeaver View Post
'Tis legit! Dig the DCLB SPORT in Superwhite. Curious if you are really running 265/70/17s? They look bigger but it could be the ride height being 1.75" as opposed to the 2.5" Im used to seeing.

But fur real tho, nice black accents. How many cans of Plasti Dip did the wheels take when you had them, and did they wear well or just flake off?
thanks and yes i am running 265/70/17's. as for the plasti dipped wheels, i used a can on each, maybe overkill but i wanted a good solid coat. it was really durable, my only mistake was not waiting until the wheels were fully dry after washing before spraying them, there was water under the wheel weights that i didn't notice so it bubbled there. other then that it seems to be very durable on all the parts i have dipped.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #83
NorthCountryEvo is on a distinguished road
Army: Grey Eagle UAS Driver, 160th SOAR
NorthCountryEvo's Tacoma Gallery
How easy was it getting your hood scoop out to plastidip? That's definitely something I plan on doing to my rig. Also, did the 5100's set at 1.75 essentially level the truck, or did it still have it's nose down a bit?
Old 07-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #84
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryEvo View Post
How easy was it getting your hood scoop out to plastidip? That's definitely something I plan on doing to my rig. Also, did the 5100's set at 1.75 essentially level the truck, or did it still have it's nose down a bit?
very easy to take it out, 5 small bolts, takes about 2 minutes.
as for the levelling of my truck, i did the 5100's at 1.75" and it measured perfectly level, i personally thought it looked nose high though, so i threw in the 1" rear blocks. also it felt like i was pointing up before the blocks. i have not had any issues with them, most people on here will bash them though.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #85
jibbajabba is on a distinguished road
jibbajabba's Tacoma Gallery
Nice tacoma!

I am a fellow pegger and I got the exact same truck. I am interested in getting some 5100's. Just curious where you got them from and where you got them installed?

Thanks!