Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Jermoids - 2012 white dbcb build

Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Jermoids - 2012 white dbcb build

14 June 2013, took the bull bar and step sides off to sand them and spray in boxliner them and realized i like my truck better without them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

june 3rd 2013

as of may 22 2013

as of jan 18th 2013, smittybilt stepsides, antennax shorty antenna and of course my new MKW M19 satin black wheels!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24 Nov 2012, plasti dipped wheels, hood scoop and front toyota emblem...

as it sits today, after 1" blocks adden in the back, 15 Oct 2012................

Hey everyone, here's my build so far.

It's not a monster truck but exactly what i wanted.

Bilstein 5100's all the way around, fronts set at 1.75" on stock springs.
1" readylift blocks in the back.
265/70/R17 duratracs on stock trd sport wheels.

I love the look, and the feel. Drives straight and smooth.

Tires fit in perfect with no rubbing at all, anywhere.

I know it's not huge, but i still feel like i want to drive over stuff now!

Here it is the day i bought it, Feb 2012....

And here it is after installing the 5100's and the new tires, Oct 13th 2012....

I was debating painting or plasti dip'ing the wheels but im kind of liking the way it looks now. i was also thinking some spacers to have the wheels stick out a little more but im not too sure.
thoughts?
Old 10-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Erik37 is on a distinguished road
Erik37's Tacoma Gallery
Man I love white Tacos, but my wife doesn't so we have a MGM. If you plan on painting other stuff (badges, BHLM, etc.) I would do the wheels too but hey, it's your truck. I personally like the look of the spacers and will be doing it to mine when I get meatier tires and a lift. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik37 View Post
Man I love white Tacos, but my wife doesn't so we have a MGM. If you plan on painting other stuff (badges, BHLM, etc.) I would do the wheels too but hey, it's your truck. I personally like the look of the spacers and will be doing it to mine when I get meatier tires and a lift. Keep up the good work.
thanks, white has grown on me the past few years, i find it stays cleaner longer if you can believe that!? i had a black tacoma a couple years ago, and i just couldn't keep it clean and you could see every single scratch, plus waterspots like crazy if you didn't dry it after washing.
i like the look of the black wheels but i think i'll wait to get a nice set instead of painting or dip'ing my stocks.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Pegeezy is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 136th AW
Name: Roy
Pegeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build man...ever thought about losing the mud flaps?
Old 10-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegeezy View Post
Nice build man...ever thought about losing the mud flaps?
thanks,
i actually like the look with the mud flaps, plus with the horrible roads i drive on in this city, i kind of need them.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #7

so after installing the 5100's all the way around (fronts set at 1.75") i thought the back end was sitting low. it wasn't, measured perfectly level, but to my eye it looked off. i decided after a lot of research on this site and others, that i would put 1" blocks in the back since i couldn't find anyone with any types of issues with a small 1" block. i think it looks perfect now.
new pics with 1" blocks at the top of my build post...
Old 10-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great Jeremy. Thats how they should come from the factory.

Where did you buy those 5100's? Any vibes etc?
Old 10-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Paint your pinch welds, it'll look great (our white trucks show it a lot) and it's super easy
Old 10-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Truck looks great Jeremy. Thats how they should come from the factory.

Where did you buy those 5100's? Any vibes etc?
thank you, and you're right, they should.

i decided to get them from a place called essex out of richmond b.c.
not american pricing but still saved $200 from what they were going to charge me around here.

no vibes what so ever, i just drove about 400kms last night between 110-120 and it drove dead straight and smooth. the tires are a little louder but that's it.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
Looks great! Paint your pinch welds, it'll look great (our white trucks show it a lot) and it's super easy
i'll be honest, i don't know what pinch welds you are refering too

EDIT: ahhh, i think i figured it out, under the doors?
Old 10-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #12
joeybags is on a distinguished road
Name: joe
joeybags's Tacoma Gallery
im installing mine this weekend, i like your truck i just cant decide on tires duratracs or nitto's.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
Onetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Onetime27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
i'll be honest, i don't know what pinch welds you are refering too

EDIT: ahhh, i think i figured it out, under the doors?
You got it! I am probably going to do mine today if I get my lazy ass out of the house. Are you wanting to keep the chrome or go black eventually? I would have definitely got the dclb if it was available in a 6 speed
Old 10-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #14
joeyha is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
joeyha's Tacoma Gallery
Go Jets go!
Like the truck man, you and I are heading in the same direction.
I also have a 2012 Super White DCLB. And I'm also from Winnipeg, but moved to AB four years ago.

Keep up the good work.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyha View Post
Go Jets go!
Like the truck man, you and I are heading in the same direction.
I also have a 2012 Super White DCLB. And I'm also from Winnipeg, but moved to AB four years ago.

Keep up the good work.
thanks! i didn't want to get too crazy with things. i have a few other things in mind, it gets damn expensive though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetime27 View Post
You got it! I am probably going to do mine today if I get my lazy ass out of the house. Are you wanting to keep the chrome or go black eventually? I would have definitely got the dclb if it was available in a 6 speed
i was thinking of blacking it out but so many people are doing it now, im not sure. i like the look since adding the tires and the little bit of a lift, im actually thinking of maybe going the crome direction, we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybags View Post
im installing mine this weekend, i like your truck i just cant decide on tires duratracs or nitto's.
i haven't seen the nitto's in person, i love the duratracs though, i think from what i have seen on here, you'll be happy either way
Old 10-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
cKcs1 has a spectacular aura aboutcKcs1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jameson
cKcs1's Tacoma Gallery
the look of your truck makes me want a new body white double cab! Looks good, keep it up.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #17
Tacoma20 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jonathan
Tacoma20's Tacoma Gallery
Hey like the truck just purchased a 2012 TRD tacoma short bed tho, i think im gonna get the 5100's on mine. Is the1.75 set thats not the max limit right ? im not wanting to put the shocks at there full lift so is that 1.75 ?
Old 10-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKcs1 View Post
the look of your truck makes me want a new body white double cab! Looks good, keep it up.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma20 View Post
Hey like the truck just purchased a 2012 TRD tacoma short bed tho, i think im gonna get the 5100's on mine. Is the1.75 set thats not the max limit right ? im not wanting to put the shocks at there full lift so is that 1.75 ?
thanks,
the settings are 0 / .85" / 1.75" / 2.5"
mine are 1.75" on the stock coils and the ride seems just as good as stock.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #19
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks sweet... I really like the white!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #20
Tacoma20 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jonathan
Tacoma20's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thanks for the info will be ordering some asap !