Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Ta-Co-Ma - AWorthyOpponent's Build and Photo Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #61
cstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant future

cstallings's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd...I got the same truck and looking for ideas. Looking good man...
Old 05-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #62
trdsam is on a distinguished road
trdsam's Tacoma Gallery
@xxfattyhunterxx why do you wish that you would have bought the sport instead of the off road? I will be purchasing soon and am curious?
Old 06-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #63
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstallings View Post
Sub'd...I got the same truck and looking for ideas. Looking good man...
Thanks. Hopefully I can get some more of my wish list done. Just got engaged, and trying to save all cash for a wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsam View Post
@xxfattyhunterxx why do you wish that you would have bought the sport instead of the off road? I will be purchasing soon and am curious?
Not sure if he'll respond to you or not, but I'm sure you can see my responses as to why I got what I did. Honest advise: if you spend more time on the street, or intend to mod the truck, get the Sport. If you're looking for a truck that's going to be slightly more capable in off camber scenarios out of the box, get the Off Road. You can add an aftermarket locker to the Sport and make it better than the Off Road.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #64
Robotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roberto
Robotoco's Tacoma Gallery
man thats a nice looking truck
Old 07-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #66
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
Your truck looks great! Excellent choice in color and mods thus far.
Thank you sir!!

Old 08-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #67
MIGZ11 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Jimmy
MIGZ11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
UWS Toolbox Installed...Birthday present from the woman...

What size box was this? I have a 2013 DCLB and want that same box just cant find one that says it fits on their site. Truck looks great too by the way!
Old 08-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #68
Nemesis_5.0 is on a distinguished road

Nemesis_5.0's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice truck OP, that color is sweet on a stock truck and even better when coupled with nice wheels and tires. Can't wait to see what's next.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #69

Hey MIG look here, the Taco options are toward the bottom of the page

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...w-profile.html
Old 08-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #70
MIGZ11 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Jimmy
MIGZ11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis_5.0 View Post
Hey MIG look here, the Taco options are toward the bottom of the page

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...w-profile.html
Thanks Nemesis, been looking in all the wrong places.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #71

No prob, that's what this site is for
Old 08-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #72
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGZ11 View Post
What size box was this? I have a 2013 DCLB and want that same box just cant find one that says it fits on their site. Truck looks great too by the way!
The 2nd Gen is a 63" Box

This one is a UWS TBS-63-A-LP-BLK Black Single Lid Low Profile Aluminum Toolbox with Beveled Insulated Lid

UWS: UWS Brand
TBS: ????? The TBSD is the deep version that is slightly too deep for our trucks.
63: means its the 63" box.
A: Has the angled bottom to accommodate the wheel wells of the Tacoma.
LP: Low-Profile
BLK: Black box rather than aluminum finished.

Here it is on amazon. Actually a pretty good price shipped to your door honestly. I think mine was closer to $450.
http://www.amazon.com/automotive/dp/B0017HB3SS

LMK if you have any questions.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #73
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
Seriously good looking truck man.

Nice to know what slightly larger BFG AT's look like on a stock height truck, as that's the option I'll be going with for at least a couple of years. No sense modding the crap out of a truck that's under full warranty IMO.
Yeah...once I pay it off, I'll likely start going to town with the modding part...
Old 08-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #75
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naholo808 View Post
Nice truck bro!
One question: How did you take out the front emblem. I want to plasti dip it, but can't seem to figure out how to remove it. Thanks!
Open the hood and reach behind it. there should be three tabs that you can push out and it comes right out. Takes a total of 30 seconds and no tools required. If you cant figure it out, ill post a video...
Old 08-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #77
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naholo808 View Post
Awesome. I'll try that out and let you know..

Aloha
Try to sand it a little first...prevents it from flaking or peeling.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #79
Member Caught Off Road

Just something to rough the surface up a bit. Not really looking to remove material. You can buy gloss black rather than semi or matte. Personally, I like the satin black look. Matches the grille plastic pretty well.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #80
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
First off nice truck man, your build is going along very nice.

I want to get some advice, I currently own a 2010 trd sport DC/LB. 2WD
im looking to trade it in for a 2013 trd sport DC/LB. 4WD.
Coming from some one that has traded your previous taco to your
Current upgrade, is there any advise you can give me that you experienced.

This will be my first attempt at a trade in and want to make sure I dont
Screw myself. Mainly if you have any advise in things I should look
Out for, or be aware of?
Thanks

Products Discussed in this Thread