Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Ta-Co-Ma - AWorthyOpponent's Build and Photo Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Ta-Co-Ma - AWorthyOpponent's Build and Photo Thread

AWorthyOpponent’s “Ta-Co-Ma” Build

Figured I would start one of these threads and use it as a record of my truck. I initially bought a 2011 TRD Off Road, but got frustrated with some of the issues I was having. On an impulse, I traded it for another Camry, as I have had them all my life. I had the Camry for about 2 months…and deeply missed the truck. It was actually depressing at times. Luckily, the dealer has some sympathy, and got me back into a Tacoma after 5000k miles in the Camry. I lost some money, yes, but only about $2,000 - $2,500.

Model: 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Double Cab Long Bed.
Purchase Date:
10/15/2012
Truck Name:
Ta – Co – Ma (MUST pronounce with Jamaican accent…)

Current Mods

• Fog Light Anytime Mod - 10/15/2012
  • LED Tag light Replacement - 10/15/2012
  • Mud Flaps Removed - 10/16/2012
  • Pin Stripe Removed - 10/16/2012
  • Debadged - 10/16/2012
  • Windows Tinted (FormulaOne Pinnicle 15% all around and 50% windshield) - 10/17/2012
  • TRD Exhaust Installed - 10/17/2012
  • WeatherTech Floor Mats (Front and Rear) - 10/29/2012
  • Front Emblem Blacked-Out - 11/21/2012
  • Rims and Tires - 12/19/2012
    • Moto Metal 951 (16x8 +0 Offset)
    • BFG All Terrain TA KO (LT265-70-R16 load Range D)
  • DDM Tuning HID's - 1/5/2013
    • 35W 6000K High/Low H4 Headlight - (removed 6/3/14)
    • 35W 6000K H11 Fog Lights
  • UWS Low-Profile Black Tool Box - 2/11/2013
  • Interior and Reverse Light LED's by csjumper - 3/30/2013
  • Rear Diff Breather Mod - 12/17/2013
  • FX-R Custom Retrofit by ambiguous - 6/3/2014
  • Lamin-X Protective Film - 6/4/2014
    • Clear Lamin-X on Headlights
    • Gunsmoke Lamin-X on Fog Lights
    • Tint Lamin-X on Side Mirror Turn Signals

Future Mods/Wish List
  • LED lighting
    • Maybe a Rigid SR Series 30" to go in the lower grille
  • AVID OFFROAD light bar
  • Some Kind of Lift...
  • Viper Remote Start/Alarm
As of today:

Old 10-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
XXFattyHunterXX is on a distinguished road
XXFattyHunterXX's Tacoma Gallery
Damn man nice, wish i would of gotten the sport instead of off road.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Get 265/70R17, no rub and they make the truck look a lot better!
Old 10-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRD Exhaust installed and windows tinted today...

Old 10-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on moving away from the camry and getting your manhood back. Good move and a nice sweet rig you have acquired!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
Member Caught Off Road

Installed front and rear weathertech floor liners today. Not going to take pictures because they're already 1000 online.

A couple of people were curious if the 2012 weathertech mats will fit into a 2013 Tacoma. I had no problem installing mine on my double cab.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

NIce truck man! I love that color! Front end looks sick on these trucks!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #9
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Nice truck. Won't take long to make your own. Weathertech DigiFits may be the best mod yet for function. Have fun.
Yeah, I know there will be more mods to come for function, but most of those cost money...Right now, I'm looking at the first payment and replacing the money I used for the down payment.

Once that is done, hopefully I will get some of these mods done before I have to buy a house...LOL.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:06 AM   #10
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is looking good man...sub'd for future upgrades.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #11
Member Caught Off Road

Better pics of the tint and truck today. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of taking the truck to a car wash instead of washing myself like I always do. The guy waxing was a bit shorter and decide that it was imperative that he get on his hands and knees on my roof to wax that. I damn near had a heart attack. Repair estimates are coming tomorrow.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #12
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Better pics of the tint and truck today. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of taking the truck to a car wash instead of washing myself like I always do. The guy waxing was a bit shorter and decide that it was imperative that he get on his hands and knees on my roof to wax that. I damn near had a heart attack. Repair estimates are coming tomorrow.

gtfo... wow
Old 10-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
gtfo... wow
Sarcasm? Lol...
Old 11-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #14
Member Caught Off Road

I have a 2012 TRD Exhaust on my 2013 DCLB. After hearing rumors about the rear hanger being different on 2013, I decided to get underneath and take a look.

Here is a video I took showing the hanger. I didn't know the dealership did this, but it looks bent. Fit is good and tight, but looks like they did in fact bend it 45 degrees. Hope this helps. Sorry about the quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDBrfusXP6c

Here is a pic of a pre-2013 where you can see the exhaust hanger facing the drivers side...my 2013 faces the rear...Not my Pic, but you get the idea...

Old 11-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
Member Caught Off Road

Front Emblem Blacked out...

Old 11-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #16
kahului96732 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
kahului96732's Tacoma Gallery
nice pics
Old 12-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #17
Member Caught Off Road

First time getting her dirty...two washes, and I am still finding mud underneath...

Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #18
CVAC085 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
CVAC085's Tacoma Gallery
WOW!!! I like the 2013's. Might trade in my 2012 for it! HAHA. Looking forward to seeing more of the mods as the wallet allows you!

Real quick, what did you use to debadge the truck? I'm thinking about doing that.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #19
CVAC085 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
CVAC085's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot to add...how do you like the TRD exhaust??? I also was thinking about getting that done soon!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAC085 View Post
Real quick, what did you use to debadge the truck? I'm thinking about doing that.
I used fishing line. All you have to do is place it between the emblem and pant and use it to cut the glue like a cheese cutter. then you can pick the residue off and use Goo Gone to wipe away the leftover...really easy. I've done it on my last 3 cars and its never taken over 15 minutes for the whole thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAC085 View Post
Forgot to add...how do you like the TRD exhaust??? I also was thinking about getting that done soon!
Love it. not too loud, not too quiet. It really howls when you get on it but cruising down the highway isn't annoying. Had one on my 2011 as well and I made the choice to get it again rather than just a muffler...even tho it would have been a lot cheaper. Plus its warrantied with your truck if you have the dealer install it...(only cost me $60 for install on my 2011)

Products Discussed in this Thread