Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

what to build?

Old 01-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
asdf is on a distinguished road
asdf's Tacoma Gallery
what to build?

if you had a couple hundred bucks laying around and a full shop to make anything within reason for your rig, what would it be?

im asking because im in the second stage of a class at my school that now is allowing me to do so.... i have to build something, whatever i want, with a full shop at my disposal, then get graded on it. originality, craftmanship, and degree of difficulty in mind.

any ideas?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
Build your truck some sliders! or a rear tube bumper
Old 01-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Steel Plate Bumper
^^^^My 1st choice. 2nd choice would be my own bed extender.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #4
asdf is on a distinguished road
asdf's Tacoma Gallery
i would LOVE a steel plate bumper, kinda like one from bent up, or TJM, but have no idea where to start
Old 01-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Make some sliders. It looks to be far less difficult than making a bumper, and they are pretty useful. If you don't off road a bumper would be kinda pointless (and heavy!).

Or make a tire gate.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i'd build myself a set of sliders.............unlike anyone has!!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
sliders, front bumper, or a full set of skids
Old 01-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #9
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the sliders idea and they turned out fantastic!

I would tackle either a front or rear bumper. Probably a rear like Silverbacks.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
I went with the sliders idea and they turned out fantastic!

I would tackle either a front or rear bumper. Probably a rear like Silverbacks.
Ooo, good call. Since you can't really buy one like his (plate bumper on the rear) it might be a good choice. You can buy sliders, front bumpers, but the only rear bumpers I've found (that were <$1500) were tube bumpers. I think those are fugly...
Old 01-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #11
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Ooo, good call. Since you can't really buy one like his (plate bumper on the rear) it might be a good choice. You can buy sliders, front bumpers, but the only rear bumpers I've found (that were <$1500) were tube bumpers. I think those are fugly...
Thanks Longhorn,
The way I see it is that you could have something truly customized that way. D-ring mounts, reciever hitch, off road lights, trailer lights, CO2.....whatever!