Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

project empty wallet a.k.a. Barker14's build

Old 10-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
sexual ninja
barker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
barker14's Tacoma Gallery
project empty wallet a.k.a. Barker14's build

Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada

Nothing too special here, My "new to me" 05 Tacoma Trd off road access cab with 6 speed transmission.

Currently... Winter Spec:

The day I brought it home:

And here is shortly after that...

Specs when I bought it:
80k tob starting to squeak (knew about the issue before I bought the truck)
The previous owner had already modded the truck a bit, spacer lift, grillcraft insert, back rack and clarion touch screen deck. The truck also came with an aftermarket viper alarm.

Current mods:
-one touch windows, also wired into my alarm for remote control down and up when i lock the truck
-URD throw out bearing sleeve kit (much improvement over chirping stock bearing)
-Trd sport hood came on the truck
-Painted grill black, soon painting the chrome to match the truck
-Tri fold tonneau cover
-Rear diff lock anytime mod
-Fog light anytime mod
-Complete OME lift with Dakar leafs
-Pop-n-lock tailgate lock
-afe pro dry filter
-URD Short Throw Shifter

Wheels:
Summer: Stealth Custom Series f-5 in matte bronze
Winter : Stock TRD off road 16" rims

Tires:
Summer: 285/75/16 bf all terrains
Winter : 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2

Upcoming mods:

-satoshi grill in progress. hard to say how it will turn out.

The wish list:
-fabricate sliders
-fabricate aluminium bumper
-fabricate proper front skid plate

Painted grill black, I think its much improved over the chrome.

Got in and installed my SCS f-5 wheels... and the truck modification bug begins...

OME Lift and LR UCA Installation complete!

Installed the Dualy kit so I can haul the horse trailer around...

No good pictures as of yet with the lift installed. unfortunately I am back on the stock rims and 265's. here is a comparison pic (gf's grandmothers stock double cab)

Testing out the Dakars. the ride might actually be better with the 500 lbs extra on back... maybe this will help it settle out.

Thats all for now!
Attached Thumbnails
project empty wallet a.k.a. Barker14's build-426896_10151294244655062_221183481_n.jpg  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
sexual ninja
barker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

and I guess ill grab this one too... just in case this gets out of control..
Old 10-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
The bronze rims look sick! love it so far!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
I like the bronze!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barker14 View Post
and I guess ill grab this one too... just in case this gets out of control..
It'll happen haha
I was reserved 4 spots and thought that was going to be way to many.. but now they're all taken lol

Nice truck though!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
sexual ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvTEA View Post
Nice looking truck. I like your SCS Bronze rims.

How did you do the 1 touch windows and how did you hook it up to your keyless entry? Is there a writeup on here?
Here is the link:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...h-windows.html

Very good writeup! He shows how to hook it up with factory keyless entry. It was a bit different installing with the viper alarm but very easy to figure out with the booklet that comes with the window module. I highly recommend this mod, even if you just do it for the one touch up and down in the cab.

Let me know if you run into any problems or have any other questions!

*Edit* When you have to route the wires into the drivers side door Use something flexible but strong like a large zip tie and put it thru into the cab from inside the door then tape your wires to that and pull it back into the door. I found that to be the easiest way.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #8
sexual ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
The bronze rims look sick! love it so far!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
I like the bronze!
I was a bit worried when I bought them that I wouldnt like them, but i wanted to be different. Glad I went with them, pictures dont really even do them justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
It'll happen haha
I was reserved 4 spots and thought that was going to be way to many.. but now they're all taken lol

Nice truck though!
Yeah I can see this getting out of hand very quickly.. haha all good tho. Its nice to have a project.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
IluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Demolition
IluvTEA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here is the link:

Very good writeup! He shows how to hook it up with factory keyless entry. It was a bit different installing with the viper alarm but very easy to figure out with the booklet that comes with the window module. I highly recommend this mod, even if you just do it for the one touch up and down in the cab.

*Edit* When you have to route the wires into the drivers side door Use something flexible but strong like a large zip tie and put it thru into the cab from inside the door then tape your wires to that and pull it back into the door. I found that to be the easiest way.
Great man! Thanks for the link, I can't believe that I didn't see that thread before. I'll add it to my list of things to do and I'll let you know if I have any problems. Thanks again!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #11
sexual ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvTEA View Post
Great man! Thanks for the link, I can't believe that I didn't see that thread before. I'll add it to my list of things to do and I'll let you know if I have any problems. Thanks again!
No worries. Good luck with the install. It's so far probably my favorite and most used mod.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #12
sexual ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
Looks good man! I like the style and color of those rims. Been lookin' at them for a while. Keep us up to date on your progress!
I definitely recommend the rims. They are super light and real easy to keep clean. Also vin, the owner of the company, is a great guy to deal with.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
sexual ninja

project empty wallet a.k.a. Barker14's build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351618314.216072.jpg

Got some new goodies today from the guy in the brown truck! Installation this weekend, more pictures to follow!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #14
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Here is the link:

Going to attempt this..
Any estimate of time this took?
And lift going to look good!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #15
sexual ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
Going to attempt this..
Any estimate of time this took?
And lift going to look good!
Super easy to do. Especially since you have all the wires given to you. Just cut and solder. I would say it would take around an hour taking your time. I spent 2 or 3 but I also had the whole dash apart and rerouted/ cleaned up the wiring for my alarm at the same time. My advise is to make sure you have your head wrapped around the project before you cut any wires.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #16

Quote:
Super easy to do. Especially since you have all the wires given to you. Just cut and solder. I would say it would take around an hour taking your time. I spent 2 or 3 but I also had the whole dash apart and rerouted/ cleaned up the wiring for my alarm at the same time. My advise is to make sure you have your head wrapped around the project before you cut any wires.
awesome thanks!
Do you know anywhere to get the 530t cheap?
50 bucks is whats holding me back!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
sexual ninja

I believe I got mine from an eBay seller. Just google it and look around. I think mine was about 60 bucks delivered to my door. Definitely worth it if you ask me.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #18

Quote:
I believe I got mine from an eBay seller. Just google it and look around. I think mine was about 60 bucks delivered to my door. Definitely worth it if you ask me.
was hoping to avoid that cost. o well maybe ill do it.
Lift time!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #19
DD03SR5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Derek
DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Man the F-5's are looking awesome!! what did you do for shipping. Im located in Ontario! actually coming out to NS at the end of the month my sister is in Ingonish.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #20
sexual ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD03SR5 View Post
Man the F-5's are looking awesome!! what did you do for shipping. Im located in Ontario! actually coming out to NS at the end of the month my sister is in Ingonish.
I actually ended up getting shafted with the "brokerage handling fees" or whatever they are called through UPS. I have read since that you can actually claim your items and pay the duty yourself at your local Canadian border service agency office to avoid this fee. Definitely something to look into. Just Google "how to avoid ridiculous UPS fees shipping into Canada" or something along those lines. Even with the fee I feel like I got a good deal on the wheels. And to top it all off, Vin, the owner of the company, is a great guy to deal with and he is super quick getting your order processed and your wheels to you. You wont be dissapointed in the wheels.

I like your truck btw. The f5's in black would look nice but you might want to consider the bronze. Vin has them on his black first gen and I think they look awesome.