Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Yak Runner - the 'ehnacement'

Old 11-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #21
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
where'd you get the color match grill? did you just sand and paint it? i'm trying to find one for mine, but cant seem to find one.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #22
Tioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Richard
Tioloco's Tacoma Gallery
Do you mean the emblem? It is the stock one dipped by www.Liquid-Innovations.net

The grill is just a black Grillcraft mesh
Old 01-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #23
JavaJoe1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
JavaJoe1's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for future mods. This looks sick!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #24
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Veteran
Name: Day Cowboy
Day Cowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great! Awesome job on the winch mount as well. Thinking of doing the same thing myself on my Taco.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #25
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! That's sick! Love the clean look of the winch! The shackles were a sick idea and I hope to steal that idea in the future!! I want the satoshi tooooooooo!

I'm jealous....
Old 02-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #26
Onetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Onetime27's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really good man! I love how it's different and it all comes together perfectly.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #27
lamericle is on a distinguished road

Army: Jump master, Pathfinder, Master Breacher, EMT
Name: keagan
lamericle's Tacoma Gallery
I love how the front end looks with that hidden winch
Old 06-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #28
rkarabao is on a distinguished road

rkarabao's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to do the thru bumper clevis mount but without the winch therefore mounting directly to the chassis. What length of clevis would you recommend I need?
Old 06-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #29
I know nothing about electrical stuff.
ReadyForAdventure is on a distinguished road
ReadyForAdventure's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. Everything on this truck just works and comes together real well. Nice job!
-RFA
Old 06-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #30
Tioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTioloco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Tioloco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkarabao View Post
I would like to do the thru bumper clevis mount but without the winch therefore mounting directly to the chassis. What length of clevis would you recommend I need?
I assume you meant the clevis tang. The ones that I had added are about 8", but as you can see from the photo, they do not reach back to the cross piece that actually bolts to the frame, so I'd say 12" or longer.

You also have to deal with the fact that you will be running them thru the aluminum crush piece which is the actual structure of the bumper (which the winch mount replaces with steel). If you run them below the crush bumper, then you will need a drop bracket to attach them to the frame.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #31
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #32
Needs money for mods
HombreSteven is on a distinguished road

HombreSteven's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent "enhancement". I can see you thought this out very thoroughly with each mod. Very very clean
Old 08-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #33
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Holy sh*t, I'm in love with your whole front end/bumper/hidden winch system. I want that! I wonder if I could do the same setup with the factory bumper and an Avid bumper guard/light bar.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #34
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
I may have to win the lotto so I can buy your truck off you. Nice job
Old 08-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #35
Tioloco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tacoma View Post
Holy sh*t, I'm in love with your whole front end/bumper/hidden winch system. I want that! I wonder if I could do the same setup with the factory bumper and an Avid bumper guard/light bar.
Thanks!

I would not attempt it with the factory bumper at all. The factory bumper is really just a strip of aluminum channel, designed to be a crush zone. Everything else up there is plastic. With it in place there is nothing solid to bolt a winch to.

If you're talking about adding an Avid guard over the hidden winch mount system, that would be do-able I suspect.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:02 PM   #37
BBell is on a distinguished road

Name: B
BBell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tioloco View Post
IMHO my truck does not qualify as a 'build', particularly when compared to so many on this site, so let's call it an enhancement. There are scores of people on this forum that deserve a big thanks for inspiration, ideas and how-to's, you all rock!

Yak Runner is a 2012 PreRunner Sport, with Bilstein 5100's in the front set to .85", Konig Countersteer X Bronze wheels sporting 265-65-17 Nitto Terra Graplers.

She has a split personality, sometimes sporting an Extang Trifecta tonneau for her role as a DD, and sometimes wears TracRac G2 bed racks with custom canvas pads for hauling the yaks. Both are super easy to install/remove, so she can change personalities in about 15 minutes.

She's debadged except for the hydro dipped grill emblem on a Grillcraft MX grill and custom tailgate emblems both done by Liquid Innovations (www.Liquid-Innovations.net)... these guys are great!

A pair of KC Slimlite driving lights are wired to an FJ offroad light switch (thanks Johnh7 for that tip) mounted behind the grill on a BAMF light bar.

I built a shelf for a Blue Sea circuit breaker and aux. fuse panel from Home Depot angle bar and scrap plexiglass that I had laying around.

A Smittybilt XCR8 winch is mounted on an UWMS hidden mount. I read several threads where members asked about mounting a winch on a PreRunner, but did not see any who followed thru with it. I often camp solo, so I wanted the capability to self recover if needed.

I really liked MadToy's 'twist' of adding shackle mounts to the UWMS mount, but then saw Trailotter's idea of having the shackle mounts welded to the winch mount. I believe UWMS is now offering this as an option.

I don't really recommend doing this install by yourself, not a one man job if you can avoid it. Once it is bolted in place, then it's just time consuming trimming the lower grill and valance for the mount and fairlead. I was probably overly cautious but didn't want to cut too much, so there were a lot of test fittings involved and the shackle mounts compounded that as they add two new openings in the valance. I definitely know how the bumper cover goes on and off now!

I snagged Barlowrs idea of mounting the solenoid in a Home Depot 4"x4"x4" plastic junction box, but I mounted mine passenger side of the engine compartment.

The stock winch wires did not reach to the new solenoid location so I picked up some Stinger 0 gauge wires from a local auto sound shop. Bigger than I wanted, but they did not have 2 or 4 gauge in stock. Better too big than too small I figure.

With the larger cables, the Homer box was really stuffed.

Toyota conveniently provided a hole in the sheet metal that was just perfect. I slit some vinyl tubing and sealed it in place with silicon to insure that the metal did not abrade the winch cables.

Also Barlowrs idea for mounting the winch remote socket under the dash.

Switches for the winch from OTRATTW went into the dash as well... I could not resist a bit of whimsy for the winch power switch.

A few enhancements not pictured include the ImMrYo Mirror Bracket, Redline hood struts (way cool) and a Brite Box headlight controller.

Bed lighting is coming soon, and additional power outlets in the cab as well.

Again, thanks to all of the innovative folks on this forum for your ideas and expertise!
Beautifully done sir.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #38
AlanLoshbaugh is on a distinguished road
Name: Alan
AlanLoshbaugh's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info on the ucwms stuff!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #39
g34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Avionics
g34rh34d's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent setup!! I'm gonna add a link to this build on my Sig.. sweet!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #40
ttaM will become famous soon enoughttaM will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
ttaM's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks amazing. I absolutely LOVE the badges!