Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Joe5's "Bruiser" Build

Old 10-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
joe5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
joe5's Tacoma Gallery
Joe5's "Bruiser" Build

Hey i've been on tacomaworld for awhile now and wanted to have a go at my own build page due to gaining so much truck knowledge from all the other user's threads I've seen.

How she sits now (next to my buddy's FJ):

EXTERIOR
- Plasti-Dipped Black Fender Trim
- Blacked out Emblems
- GrillCraft Black Mesh Grill w/ TRD Emblem
- 9 Bed handles (Plasti-Dipped Currently but soon to be powder coated)

THE RIDE
- 3'' Revtek lift
- Powder Coated 18'' Gear Alloy Rims (Set of four)
- 32'' BF Goodrich All Terrain Tires

PERFORMANCE
- Dual Flowmaster Exhaust

INTERIOR
- Felt Dash Cover & Black Head Unit instead of Golf-Ball Silver one
- San Jose Sharks Floor mats!
- Pioneer AVH-P2600BT Head Unit
- 4 Pioneer tweeters
- 2 10'' Kicker CVR Subwoofers

FUTURE MODS
- BHLM
- TRD Sockmonkey Decal for Skid Plate
- K&N CAI
- Side step

I originally bought the 2007 Indigo Ink Double Cab PreRunner SR5 V6 TRD Sport used with 56,000 miles and I am the third owner.
The first owner had put on a 3'' Revtek Lift Kit and the second owner added 18'' Chrome Gear Alloy Rims with 32'' (approximately) BFG All Terrains. Both the rims and tires were in great shape so I felt it was icing on the cake. The second owner also added a 3 part chrome GrillCraft grille and a chrome trim kit along the fenders and truck bed handles along the side. Finally, the second owner added Dual Flowmaster Exhaust; which is my favorite part about the truck.
My immediate goal was to get rid of the chrome and make it look more "mean" in the sense.

When I first got it:

First thing I did was plasti-dip the rims, emblems, trim, and truck bed handles:

Unfortunately no matter how many coats of plasti-dip I put on the rims it wouldn't stick for more than 3 weeks so I made the decision to get them Powder Coated a 40% Gloss Matte Black:

Turned out great and holds up well.

The next thing I did was take off the old chrome Grillcraft Grille and add a new black mesh one and at the same time add black TRD Emblems to the grill and mudflaps.

And finally the most recent addition was the sound system. I wasn't at all satisfied with the stock non-jbl audio that toyota supplied and got a Pioneer AVH-P2600BT Head Unit, 4 Pioneer door speakers and 2 10'' Kicker CVR Subwoofers to go behind the back seats.

There we go!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good, I like the idea of the TRD emblems on the mudflaps.
How are they holding up with wear though?
Old 03-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
joe5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
joe5's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man, they hold up perfectly. They are just as strong as when I put them on 6 months ago
Old 04-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet ride and only one other comment thus far. This place is weird sometimes. Truck looks sweet OP, you have achieved the mean look alright. The powder coating on the wheels looks great.