1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

X-Runner body trim on a Pre-Runner

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by jehlinger06, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Nov 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM
    jehlinger06

jehlinger06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock!
    Does anyone know if 2nd Gen X-Runner fender flares will fit on a 2nd Gen Pre-Runner? From looking at pictures, it seems that they are the same. However, the X-Runner has the ground effects kit which look to me like it attaches to the fender flares somewhere.

I have been looking for a (single) fender flare (rear passenger) for my 2011 Pre-Runner for months now. I have come across a guy that is parting out a wrecked 2005 X-Runner and is willing to sell me the fender flare for SUPER cheap!!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

2. Nov 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM
    My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
    URD Catback | TRD CAI | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | DTLT | APR 2.85" Pulley |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts
    They are different.

The XR flare is a thinner width and intergrated to the side skirts

3. Nov 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    i think the mounting points for the fenders are different as well. i know for a fact though that the flare material is different from the 6 lug trucks

4. Nov 8, 2012 at 2:07 AM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Yup different and thinner. Different part numbers. Plus the body kit pieces link in from slits cut in the main body, so unless your willing to cut up body parts.. avoid it.

5. Jan 27, 2015 at 4:11 PM
    kevinmenjivar13

kevinmenjivar13 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Sterling, VA
    Vehicle:
    2005 X-Runner
    Sorry, I don't have any info on that. But I was wondering if you still had contact with that 2005 x-runner guy, that is selling parts from his xrunner.

Products Discussed in

To Top