Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

X-Runner body trim on a Pre-Runner

Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
jehlinger06 is on a distinguished road
jehlinger06's Tacoma Gallery
X-Runner body trim on a Pre-Runner

Does anyone know if 2nd Gen X-Runner fender flares will fit on a 2nd Gen Pre-Runner? From looking at pictures, it seems that they are the same. However, the X-Runner has the ground effects kit which look to me like it attaches to the fender flares somewhere.

I have been looking for a (single) fender flare (rear passenger) for my 2011 Pre-Runner for months now. I have come across a guy that is parting out a wrecked 2005 X-Runner and is willing to sell me the fender flare for SUPER cheap!!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehlinger06 View Post
Does anyone know if 2nd Gen X-Runner fender flares will fit on a 2nd Gen Pre-Runner? From looking at pictures, it seems that they are the same. However, the X-Runner has the ground effects kit which look to me like it attaches to the fender flares somewhere.

I have been looking for a (single) fender flare (rear passenger) for my 2011 Pre-Runner for months now. I have come across a guy that is parting out a wrecked 2005 X-Runner and is willing to sell me the fender flare for SUPER cheap!!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
They are different.

The XR flare is a thinner width and intergrated to the side skirts
Old 11-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #4
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Yup different and thinner. Different part numbers. Plus the body kit pieces link in from slits cut in the main body, so unless your willing to cut up body parts.. avoid it.