Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

LI Kevin '07 TRD Restoration/Build

Old 11-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
CollegeKevin's '07 TRD Restoration/Budget Build

First off. My Tacoma experience started here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-problems.html

I bought my truck in February of 2012 with 134k miles on it. The truck was shot. Interior was destroyed. Wheel bearings, carrier bearing, and rear end was blown. Tires had no tread. No tuneup was never done to it as far as I could tell by the filters and plugs. Bunch of small stuff needed to be replaced also. This is a budget build and I will try and make every accessory I need myself. I don't like spending money on stuff I can make myself so if you have any questions with some of my projects feel free to ask.

Completed
All repairs
ECGS 3rd Member
Full skids
Bestop
Fog Lights Anytime mod (self)
Tailgate Theft mod
Factory Head Unit Aux Input mod
2" 3/16th box steel rock sliders (homemade)
OME lift with dakar rear springs
LED Bed lighting (homemade)
LT285/75R16 General Grabber AT2
16x8.5 Aluminum wheels
3/16" Stainless CB Antenna Hood mount (homemade)
Wilson Flex 4' Antenna
Extended Braided Stainless Steel brake hoses

Current Projects
ECGS Front Differential Solid Bearing
MOOG LCA Bushings & Cam bolts

Future Plans:
Bestop Rack
Front/Rear bumper
Winch
Snorkel

As she sits now....

After OME

So from here I started the restoration project.

Carpet Install:

Pics of the outside cleaned up, new rubber, and in driveable condition.

Rock Sliders

Onboard Air (have all the material but going to install this a different way since I no longer use the toolbox.)

Some Fun:

Attached Thumbnails
LI Kevin '07 TRD Restoration/Build-1077471_10100215989956550_429423551_o.jpg  
Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work Kevin. Dig that blue truck man!!

Look what Rausch has done to ya'....it opened up a huge money pit!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
rld is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, 92 - 2000
Name: Randy
rld's Tacoma Gallery
I like the sliders. Looks good man.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sliders done and OME in the mail
Old 05-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #7

Slider pics
Attached Thumbnails
LI Kevin '07 TRD Restoration/Build-uploadfromtaptalk1368743255736.jpg   LI Kevin '07 TRD Restoration/Build-uploadfromtaptalk1368743276178.jpg   LI Kevin '07 TRD Restoration/Build-uploadfromtaptalk1368743307363.jpg  
Old 05-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #8

Some pics of the led bed lights and fuse box wiring.
Attached Thumbnails
LI Kevin '07 TRD Restoration/Build-uploadfromtaptalk1368928494679.jpg   LI Kevin '07 TRD Restoration/Build-uploadfromtaptalk1368928507554.jpg   LI Kevin '07 TRD Restoration/Build-uploadfromtaptalk1368928528560.jpg   LI Kevin '07 TRD Restoration/Build-uploadfromtaptalk1368928551498.jpg   LI Kevin '07 TRD Restoration/Build-uploadfromtaptalk1368928567269.jpg  

Old 05-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

New goodies, always fun!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
New goodies, always fun!
+1. Got my lift installed after work today. Took me a good 5 hours. Had to cut the rear shock threaded heads off. They were rusted on there so bad. Ill get some picks in the day light. Def need an alignment. Also left the sway bar off. I didnt really notice any handling difference but its a little hard to tell with the alignment off. Can't wait for Sore Thumb off roading fishing this weekend.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #12
Greytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dave
Greytacoma1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Kevin View Post
+1. Got my lift installed after work today. Took me a good 5 hours. Had to cut the rear shock threaded heads off. They were rusted on there so bad. Ill get some picks in the day light. Def need an alignment. Also left the sway bar off. I didnt really notice any handling difference but its a little hard to tell with the alignment off. Can't wait for Sore Thumb off roading fishing this weekend.
Pics pics, makes me want to find a taco and restore it. Nice build can't wait to see more pics.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Kevin View Post
Got the truck lifted finally? Know you were talking a little about it @ RC, what set-up? I went Mid-Travel on my truck a few weeks ago as well, install took around the same amount of time, so not to shabby sir!!

You should be pretty "in tune" with that truck after all the work you've put into. Nothing better than doing your own work.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #14

Tires and wheels on the way
Old 06-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #15

Tires and wheels. Updated
Old 06-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greytacoma1 View Post
I like them wheels.
Thanks
Old 06-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #18
R09ster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
R09ster's Tacoma Gallery
nice work! I always like seeing a vehicle brought back from the dead. makes you think of all the ones that people didn't bring back and are now lost forever. looks very nice
Old 06-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #19

Little flex
Attached Thumbnails
LI Kevin '07 TRD Restoration/Build-20130629_163015.jpg  
Old 06-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #20

LI Kevin '07 TRD Restoration/Build-uploadfromtaptalk1372641851246.jpg

Cut, soldered, siliconed, and heat shrunk my led strips make a cleaner look in the bed corners. Also replacing original 3m double sided tape with 3m molding tape so the heat doesn't effect it.