Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

How to build a T Rex

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #21
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntonization View Post
Nice build Anna. I can't believe that I didn't look at your truck the other night, I'll have pay more attention next time

There were a lot of other Tacos to distract you
Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #22
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Painted my overhead console. Got impaitent and messed up the paint while trying to untape a few times. Krylon fusion is awesome but you still have to be patent.....

I almost wish i had waited to put it back in... I didn't need to know how cold it is.

the truck itself is lookin pretty frosty! Time to warm up some so we can get some damn snow!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #23
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
is that an Alabama emblem on the tailgate above the handle?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #24
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Dan View Post
is that an Alabama emblem on the tailgate above the handle?

Sure is! I lived in bama most of my life. My brothers are down there and going to school there... so I get Alabama gear from them from time to time...
Old 12-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #25
I love snow!

spent some time with the truck this weekend. Got my Redline hood struts put on. And since it was washed and in a garage, got my new sticker put on

Also pulled off my engine cover and dash rings for some painting Should get those done and put back on the truck in a week or so

Very pleased with the quality of the hood struts. I had been doubting exactly how useful they would be. My conclusion is that they will be very useful. No more struggling to get my hood prop in! Lifted truck+not being very tall=some issues. The install was pretty easy, though I found the instructions unnecessarily confusing. Too many details and the pictures were a little too specific for my taste. Then again, the problem might have been the large amounts of alcohol and lack of sleep that I had the night before...
Old 12-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #26
I love snow!

Waiting on some Christmas money to do anything toooo expensive to the truck... So more painting in the meantime!

Ohhh yeahhhh.. +25hp

That's 2 hours of taping right there.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #27
I love snow!

Gauge rings painted

Also got around to doing the diff breather mod and disconnecting my A/C from the defrost... who needs to be automatic anyway??
Old 01-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #28
AK LED Guy
Syntonization is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: FF1 Rescue Tech (did 4 years, and changed careers)
Name: Jeremiah
Syntonization's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
Gauge rings painted

Also got around to doing the diff breather mod and disconnecting my A/C from the defrost... who needs to be automatic anyway??
Ooooh, so perty! I like the high gloss finish you have on there. Is it a clear coat, or just a nice high gloss color?
Old 01-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #29
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Looks good man! Check out my build sometime... let me know what you think!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #31
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
liking the blue! very clean (mods)!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
I love snow!

Annddd more blue

I think I will paint all my chrome this color....

anyway, for anyone curios about my process for painting... it has worked REALLY well, the surfaces look super clean and professional, and it has held up AWESOME. I will swear by Krylon Fusion for all painting purposes.

Tape off whatever I don't want to paint.

Scuff up the surface to be painted really well. I usually use a number 400 sand paper.

Paint a light layer; don't worry about full coverage.

Wait 15 mins, spray on another coat.

wait 15 mins, lightly sand to smooth out imperfections/any dust particles that got in the paint.

gently wash and let dry. Once dry, I use my (washed) hands to brush off any dust. If you have a lint free paper towel or something that would work too.

I then do two more coats and then repeat until I am happy with how it looks.

I end up with anywhere from 6 to 12 coats....

Then WAIT at least 24 hours to take tape off. i have messed up the paint by being impatient before on this. It is dry to light touch pretty fast but can still be messed up if you don't wait.

I then let the paint "cure" (as per the instructions on the can) for 7 days. I am not sure how necessary this is but it has worked for me so far! I also don't want to mess up the curing process by putting the new paint in my truck with sub freezing temps. If the climate were more moderate I might not wait...
Old 01-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #33
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntonization View Post
Hehehehe, and by "man" I presume you mean badass AK Chick who does her own mods and hangs out with the rest of us scrubs!

Hehe, thanks, MAN
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #34
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck! Are the added D-rings just into the composite bed or are they hitting anything solid?

If just the bed how do they feel strength wise?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #35
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Great looking truck! Are the added D-rings just into the composite bed or are they hitting anything solid?

If just the bed how do they feel strength wise?

they are just into the bed but I have a decent sized steel plate behind them.

Strength wise, they are as strong as the bed material is. When I yank on them really hard I can see the bed flex some. Not sure what the elasticity of the bed material is.... I have used them to tie down a couch with no problems though.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #37
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Loving all the colored accents. Lookin real sharp!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #38
ToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt(hew)
ToyComa84's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 02-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #39
bongwhisperer is on a distinguished road
bongwhisperer's Tacoma Gallery
I have a boner....
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #40
Bandsaw05 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Air Weapons Officer
Name: Nicolas
Bandsaw05's Tacoma Gallery
Love the accent color...thanks for the info on painting. After I saw your build, I think I might do some accent painting as well. I'll have to look into getting some Krylon to get some of that done. Did you remove the instrument trim to paint it? If so, what was the best way to remove the trim?

Products Discussed in this Thread