Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

How to build a T Rex

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #41
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
If you're talking about the rings the best way to get to them is to take the dash apart (when you get good at it it only takes about 3 minutes to have everything out but the steering wheel). There's two little pop screws on the underside of the TOP of the gauge cluster and you'll need those out then pull it down and towards you. You'll see how the rings are clipped in at that point. A few other pieces need to come off in order to get to that piece. I'll break it down in order of removal.

Key out
Floor mat
Dead pedal
Dead pedal retaining screw
Door step plate
Trim piece connected to door plate by your parking brake pedal (if auto)
10mm holding next panel up
Opposite side steering wheel there's another 10mm
Pull panel down
Pop screws on top of cluster
Should all fold down at that point

Seems like a lot but it comes apart fast (especially when you don't put bolts back in for next time
Old 02-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #42
Bandsaw05 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Air Weapons Officer
Name: Nicolas
Bandsaw05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
If you're talking about the rings the best way to get to them is to take the dash apart (when you get good at it it only takes about 3 minutes to have everything out but the steering wheel). There's two little pop screws on the underside of the TOP of the gauge cluster and you'll need those out then pull it down and towards you. You'll see how the rings are clipped in at that point. A few other pieces need to come off in order to get to that piece. I'll break it down in order of removal.

Key out
Floor mat
Dead pedal
Door step plate
Pull panel down

Seems like a lot but it comes apart fast (especially when you don't put bolts back in for next time

Thanks for the info, I'll have to give that a shot this weekend.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #43
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post

Key out
Floor mat
Dead pedal
Door step plate
Pull panel down

Pretty much this^^^^ Little different since i have a manual.

I like pictures though so here is the write up I followed when I took mine off:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ings-mods.html
Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #44
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
Sure is! I lived in bama most of my life. My brothers are down there and going to school there... so I get Alabama gear from them from time to time...
What part of Alabama? I grew up there and lived there from when I was 2-22. Lived in Prattville, 8 miles north of Montgomery. Oh and WDE!!! Even though they were one of the worse teams this past season, lol.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #45
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
New bling!

I think that says it all
i need that funny trd sticker, where did u find it?! great truck btw
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #46
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
What part of Alabama? I grew up there and lived there from when I was 2-22. Lived in Prattville, 8 miles north of Montgomery. Oh and WDE!!! Even though they were one of the worse teams this past season, lol.
Oh nice! I lived in Huntsville. Was actually down in Orange beach in January for my brother's birthday... nice to get out of the cold and chill (warm up?) on a beach for a few days

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
i need that funny trd sticker, where did u find it?! great truck btw

thanks! I almost hate to share my secret source that I found completely by accident and saw and was like "I NEED ONE, ok TWO, of those NOW" buttt here it is!

http://sosign.ipage.com/store/page12.html
Old 02-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #47
I love snow!

Annddd more blue!

Just the area around the cd head unit and the tweeter rings in the door left

Old 02-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #48
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongwhisperer View Post
I have a boner....

A common and appropriate reaction.....
Old 02-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #50
miacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
miacevedo's Tacoma Gallery
Good idea using the steamer on the window tint, never thought of that. Nice truck BTW.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #51
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice and a big +1 for the being a fellow two wheel enthusiast. I like the rack (No, not that one you dirty minded pigs) and was thinking about fabbing one up as well. How has it held up?
Old 02-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #52
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good!! Should call it a She-Rex!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #53
I love snow!

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Not that I care if no one else likes what I have done, but positive feedback is always nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by miacevedo View Post
Good idea using the steamer on the window tint, never thought of that. Nice truck BTW.
I looked around online for methods and found a write up on the steamer. Was super easy and I highly suggest it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixinus View Post
Very nice and a big +1 for the being a fellow two wheel enthusiast. I like the rack (No, not that one you dirty minded pigs) and was thinking about fabbing one up as well. How has it held up?
Lol

It has held up great so far! Has not seen nearly enough abuse yet though My dirt bike spent most of the summer out of commission.... kept to the street bike mostly
Old 02-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #55
wannaflyguy is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: EM2
Name: Stephen
wannaflyguy's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck! Did you have to get new UCA's for those tires? I looked but didnt see anything about it...Thanks.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #56
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaflyguy View Post
Awesome truck! Did you have to get new UCA's for those tires? I looked but didnt see anything about it...Thanks.

No... still stock. When I got the truck it was already lifted. It had about 60,000 miles on it since the lift and seemed to be doing fine. It drives awesome so I have left it alone for now.

When the shocks wear out, I will probably redo the suspension with an OME lift. But for now, I am putting my money into other things since I don't jump it or wheel it too awfully crazy
Old 02-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #57
wannaflyguy is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: EM2
Name: Stephen
wannaflyguy's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, thanks. I have heard so many things about UCAs and some people getting them and some not getting them that I dont really know what to believe about them...sorry not trying to thread jack. Sweet ride though!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #58
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaflyguy View Post
Cool, thanks. I have heard so many things about UCAs and some people getting them and some not getting them that I dont really know what to believe about them...sorry not trying to thread jack. Sweet ride though!!!
No worries! Glad to add my opinon to the sea of confusion of it all . Its hard to know who to listen to on these forums. most people have valid points to whatever opinion they have but it might not be best for you. I wouldnt say my set up is the best but it has not caused any catostrauphic premature failures, has been on the truck for a while, rides awesome, gives me more ground clearance, and as an added bonus looks sweet.

Spacer lifts arent the best way to go for a lot of applications. For me, it is not a bad way to go. No crazy hard core wheelin or jumping for me. I drive my truck on the pavement (however icy and shitty) 95% of the time. I will eventually have to replace the shocks and when i do i will probably try out another lift kit. Why not since i am spending money anyway!

Good luck in figuring out how to lift your truck
Old 02-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #59
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks looking good!

and good tires. I love mine. i donít think i would get any other A/T for a tire. only thing i wish is i got the load d rang instead of load E. but i did not want to wait a few weeks for discount tire to get them in. my rugged fails were pretty much bald, and i not make it up my drive way with out using 4wd.(good things itís pretty straight since itís asphalt)
Old 02-09-2013, 02:37 AM   #60
b.prall is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
b.prall's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet looking truck

Products Discussed in this Thread