Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

How to build a T Rex

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #161
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I came home Wednesday and my new duratracs were sitting on my porch! wasn't expecting them till saturday. (Amazon still does free shipping to AK Even on oversize I guess!!) No one had 285/70/17 duratracs local

So I rolled 'em in the house to chill for a day since no where was open on thanksgiving. Loaded them up and got them mounted up this morning. Had them check the alignment while the truck was in and I guess that is still lookin good.

Pics

Old next to the new

All mounted up!

and yeah. random. Put some filters on this and it looks kinda cool

Ready to do some wheelin now
Old 11-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #162
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
You are gana like the tires
Old 11-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #163
The Safety Guy
BDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
BDBSoCal's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Do you find that you need chains very often?
Old 11-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #164
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBSoCal View Post
Nice! Do you find that you need chains very often?
Never actually had to chain up .
Old 12-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #165
I love snow!

Got some custom decals for the AK tacomas

Old 12-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #166
The Safety Guy
BDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
BDBSoCal's Tacoma Gallery
Well that's comforting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
Never actually had to chain up .
I guess there's no point in springing for the tungsten-titanium chains if I will never need them.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #167
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBSoCal View Post
I guess there's no point in springing for the tungsten-titanium chains if I will never need them.

wouldn't hurt to have them but i find 4wd and good tires go a long way!
Old 12-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #168
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd on an awesome build! Some awesome pics and ideas for when I get the money to really start my mods...
Old 12-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #169
I love snow!

Couple of shots from our snow wheelin trip last weekend

Old 01-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #170
I love snow!

Gah just got back from the tire shop for the third time. Love the traction of the Duratracs but not loving that off-balance shake I get on the highway that started when I got them.... Pretty reputable shop and they seem like good guys and that know what they are doing....

Said they put 12.5 oz on one of the tires to try to get it in balance this time They are thinking I might have a bad tire or two.... If it isn't better now, looks like I am going to try to find somewhere with a road force balancing system to verify the bad tires... and then take advantage of that manufacture defect warranty in the near future...
Old 01-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #171
I love snow!

So after the 4th attempt to balance my tires it now shakes even worse. At least it is the tires causing the problem and not something else and I can get the bad ones replaced under warranty. Bad news is the Duratracs are on back order in town with no definitive date for them to be available... At least it will be taken care of in the forseeable future
Old 02-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #172
I love snow!

Bent my stock antenna on some trees while wheeling I was worried that it might snap since the metal had been weakened to I got an aftermarket. I was looking for one that was stock length but didn't see any. I like the "clearance gauge" feature since i am lifted. I have to get out to fold down my 4' CB antenna anyway though so I guess I can just check when I am doing that.

anyway, I got a 15" antenna. (from here) Reception seems a little less on some stations when out of town. (it's alaska so I don't expect much though) Overall, pretty good reception. Not so sure about the claim of "spring stainless" but I guess I will find out at some point when I mob through some trees

Old 02-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #173
I love snow!

Finally got my warranty replacement duratracs on Much better. Still a slight vibe around 50 mph that i dont remember though... gonna take a look at the driveshaft/u joints/etc this weekend when i do my oil and radiator flush.

Oh, and I hit 100k
Old 02-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #174
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh, and I hit 100k
NICE! I'm at about 50K in 2 years… not quite there yet.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #175
I love snow!

Snowwww

Went for a drive. Hadn't plowed yet

Old 02-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #176
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I was so happy to see that shit over the last few days! Hopefully there will be plenty for us on Sunday
Old 02-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #177
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 423 TACO View Post
I was so happy to see that shit over the last few days! Hopefully there will be plenty for us on Sunday

I sure hope so
Old 02-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #178
I love snow!

Took two days since I fucked up a new U joint at about 11 pm the first day and the parts store was not open anymore... but got three new U joints on the rear drive shaft. The middle one had a fair bit of play in it. When we removed it, the bearings were definitely in bad shape. The front and rear were still in good shape but for $20 each, I figured I would just replace them while the drive shaft was out and not mess with them again for a lonnnnggggg time.

Never done U joints before so it was a good learning experience.

Dragging the drive shaft out from under the truck. Took about an hour of banging on it to get the front and rear to separate

All the shit that fell out of the middle one when we took it apart.

Using the press. This made it way easier than using a hammer.

Pretty new u joint
Old 02-21-2014, 01:03 PM   #179
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Snowwww

Went for a drive. Hadn't plowed yet

Nice build! I am super jelly of these pics. I love Alaska. Last time I was there I didnt want to leave. When I go back I fear I may become a resident.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #180
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Nice build! I am super jelly of these pics. I love Alaska. Last time I was there I didnt want to leave. When I go back I fear I may become a resident.

this was our first snow storm after our month and a half of all the snow melting and 40-50 degree weather... it was like spring came in January. Really put a damper on all the fun winter activities.

Products Discussed in this Thread