LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

'12 DCBS Sport 4x4

Old 11-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joel
jjhitchen's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb Joel's 2012 build

This is my truck, it makes me really happy.
I started this thread to keep a log of what happens to my truck.
Life is short and talk is cheap so I am gonna do what I want.
More pics on Instagram @joel_hitch

Mint 400 chillin

new shoes

3/17/14
Mint 400 was epic, we finished the race!!! 47th out of 150 with two major pit repairs required to keep going. Austin had a nerf war and got three 30" light bars ripped off on course. Such an experience

Pit A #1890 Chase

Nerfed so hard we lost all dust lights and had both spares pinched into the backhalf rendering them useless on course.

trailer queen

Barstow stop on the way home

http://vimeo.com/89373197

New Year's Day, 2014. Started the year off proper.

Went in for the 20k service, free oil change and some funny looks at the dealership

austins duramax prepping for sema

#DirtDesigns Bolt On Race 4wd

racing down fence line

#stanceworks

#dirtdesigns

7/17/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt designs View Post
So you dont clear 35s full bump lock to lock?

i thought the same thing before racing, but lock to lock *and full bump happens often. Some of those tight turns are massively whooped out. So you crank the wheel and slam through them hard if you wanna keep up with the pace.

Her home at the Dirt Designs shop getting the 4wd kit built. 6/25/13

Taco on 39s

Glass mounted, on the way to Dirt Designs 6/24/13

#durtykrew #dirtdesigns

Sept 2012/ pre Lt
Leaving the dealer with keys in hand, 13 miles on the dash 09/01/2012

Baller Mid travel, so much fun like this

My loves

Hate on me
Disconnect from everybody who doesn't understand my vision yet..
Old 11-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #4
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pickup man 2012 sport FTW!!!! Where did you get the sticker on your gear shifter looks good?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz834 View Post
Nice pickup man 2012 sport FTW!!!! Where did you get the sticker on your gear shifter looks good?
Thanks! The sicker was just a tacoma trd sticker i bought off amazon for a few bucks and it came with a pack of trd tacoma stickers. I cut them up into what i wanted and put them around my truck. Super easy and looks pretty trick.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #7
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin truck, man! How did you attach your whip back by your tailgate? Got any pics of that up close? Also, how did the truck do at pismo stock? I wanna take a trip out there with my stock '13 sport but I'm wondering how it does with just aired down stock tires. how far did you air them down? what psi? Keep the mods coming!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
Nice lookin truck, man! How did you attach your whip back by your tailgate? Got any pics of that up close? Also, how did the truck do at pismo stock? I wanna take a trip out there with my stock '13 sport but I'm wondering how it does with just aired down stock tires. how far did you air them down? what psi? Keep the mods coming!
I just put the flag between the bed rail and the tailgate in the corner and slammed the tail gate shut, Its a really simple way to mount a flag, pretty crude though and it does cause some scratching and stuff to the space between your tailgate and bed but nothing that is noticeable unless you are looking for it, it is just surface cosmetic dammage, I've been doing it for years. As far as performance, these trucks do GREAT in sand with stock tires and suspension, you just have to be careful when going fast because its definitely not long travel so any large unexpected bumps or holes or whoops you come up on going faster than 5mph will destroy your truck and could ruin it in a heart beat, so just be careful. I air down to 15psi usually depending on sand conditions, at 15psi on all 4 tires I dont even need 4wd unless I try to accelerate from a stop going up hill.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhitchen View Post
I just put the flag between the bed rail and the tailgate in the corner and slammed the tail gate shut, Its a really simple way to mount a flag, pretty crude though and it does cause some scratching and stuff to the space between your tailgate and bed but nothing that is noticeable unless you are looking for it, it is just surface cosmetic dammage, I've been doing it for years. As far as performance, these trucks do GREAT in sand with stock tires and suspension, you just have to be careful when going fast because its definitely not long travel so any large unexpected bumps or holes or whoops you come up on going faster than 5mph will destroy your truck and could ruin it in a heart beat, so just be careful. I air down to 15psi usually depending on sand conditions, at 15psi on all 4 tires I dont even need 4wd unless I try to accelerate from a stop going up hill.
Thanks man. good to know. Yeah, I wasn't planning on getting crazy out there...just want to play in the sand a little.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaRunner View Post
Got any sound clips of your exhaust?
I don't, but thats not a bad idea. Let me see what I can do after christmas is over. It sounds really throaty and tuned when accelerating, and it screams when you step on it. But at an idle and when I fire the truck up it sounds bone stock which is perfect.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
Rock magnet
BajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement: Police Sergeant
Name: Drew
BajaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't, but thats not a bad idea. Let me see what I can do after christmas is over. It sounds really throaty and tuned when accelerating, and it screams when you step on it. But at an idle and when I fire the truck up it sounds bone stock which is perfect.
It's not obnoxiously loud? How loud is it inside the cab? I've already chopped my exhaust after the axle, now I just need to replace the muffler with something that has a mellow throaty exhaust tone. I've been back and forth between magna flow and the Flow Master 60 series. Do you recall what the inlet/outlet dia is for the muffler?
Old 12-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #13
Relentless

Quote:
It's not obnoxiously loud? How loud is it inside the cab? I've already chopped my exhaust after the axle, now I just need to replace the muffler with something that has a mellow throaty exhaust tone. I've been back and forth between magna flow and the Flow Master 60 series. Do you recall what the inlet/outlet dia is for the muffler?
No, It is not obnoxious at all. When I first got it installed I was actually disappointed with how quiet it was. The new tacoma are so restricted with cats that no matter what you do it is pretty quiet. However, my muffler has broken in after about a thousand miles of driving with it and it sounds great now. Its quiet on the freeway, no droning or annoying exhaust notes at cruising speeds. The magniflow is my fav because its a straight through muffler and sounds aggressive when you want, the flowmaster is chambered to intentionally make it louder. The in/out diamater was the same as stock, 2.25" or maybe 2.5 not suree
Old 12-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #14
Rock magnet
BajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud ofBajaRunner has much to be proud of

Quote:
No, It is not obnoxious at all. When I first got it installed I was actually disappointed with how quiet it was. The new tacoma are so restricted with cats that no matter what you do it is pretty quiet. However, my muffler has broken in after about a thousand miles of driving with it and it sounds great now. Its quiet on the freeway, no droning or annoying exhaust notes at cruising speeds. The magniflow is my fav because its a straight through muffler and sounds aggressive when you want, the flowmaster is chambered to intentionally make it louder. The in/out diamater was the same as stock, 2.25" or maybe 2.5 not suree
Thanks, good to know.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #15
Rock magnet

I ordered the strait through 18" magnaflow oval muffler based on your impressions.

Also, any chance you could shoot a pic of how you did the fog any time mod? I've been wanting to do it, just haven't seen any clear pics of which connections of the fuses are used.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #16
Relentless

Quote:
I ordered the strait through 18" magnaflow oval muffler based on your impressions.

Also, any chance you could shoot a pic of how you did the fog any time mod? I've been wanting to do it, just haven't seen any clear pics of which connections of the fuses are used.
I followed a few different threads on the forum to figure it out, heres a link that should help. If your truck is 2012-newer
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ml#post4039711
Old 01-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #17
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man! are you from SLO?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #18
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnborder View Post
looks great man! are you from SLO?
Thanks! she's coming along nicely. I am from arroyo grande but I live in slo and go to school full time here, its great
Are you familiar with slo?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #19
Relentless

Bump, took my sway bar off today and took it out to the dunes, the 5100s are aaaamazing.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #20
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
sexy af. i want you grill, head lights and hood

Products Discussed in this Thread