Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The Flying Krawler

Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Thanks! Haha. I haven't got to that part in the build yet, but I was out crawling and caught it on a rock. I have some plate bumpers being built for me now though
Nice! was thinking the same when I saw the picture. Build is coming along nicely. MOAB looked like I blast! I hope to make it there next year myself!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #23
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
Nice! was thinking the same when I saw the picture. Build is coming along nicely. MOAB looked like I blast! I hope to make it there next year myself!
Do it!!! Just follow Jerry haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanksTaco View Post
That's a beautiful truck. Props man!
Thanks man!

Also I think I have this thread mostly up to date now
Old 12-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #25
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just turned it over to 20K before I went out to play at the dunes yesterday. Pretty good for an '05. haha

Old 01-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #26
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Who'd you go with for the plate bumper? sorry if i missed it (pictures galore in this thread lol) and You don't mind the bullbar? don't they give you less ground clearance?
Old 01-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Who'd you go with for the plate bumper? sorry if i missed it (pictures galore in this thread lol) and You don't mind the bullbar? don't they give you less ground clearance?
I have a friend making it for me. He may start making more of them in his free time though.

Bull bars do hurt your approach clearance but I only grazed mine once (barely even left a scratch on it) the whole time I was in Moab and I have been surprised at some of the steep hills/rockes I have gone up without actually touching the bull bar. I have banged up the bull bar pretty good now, but it is ledges that got it. It's always ledges that get me... haha
Old 01-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #28
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Haha alright thanks Brady, any plans for a front plate bumper? oh and is the rear high clearance or no?
Old 01-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #29

Haha. I should be getting my front plate bumper here in a few days if plans go well. Rear bumper is just a down the road from the front and yes it will be high clearance.

Teaser pics

Old 01-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #30

Ahh nice, I take it that is your friends truck? And nice on the high clearance. I'm still debating which route to take..
Old 01-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #31

Here's what's left of my bullbar. haha. After hitting a couple tall rocks and several ledges and I banged it up pretty good at the dunes once. That's what broke that lower left mount. haha. The skid was pressed flat against the bumper and I pulled it back out.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #32

looks new?

Old 01-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Nice write up! As for the bull bar when u put it up for sale make sure you put "used" for it's condition not mall crawled lol
That would be great! haha
Old 01-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #35

I think the bull bar mounts are pretty solid. It just dents the bull bar and skid. As for when I hit the bumper, I would hope it takes quit a bit more of a hit than that to set the airbags off. haha It didn't even dent the bumper, just left a scratch on it.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I think the bull bar mounts are pretty solid. It just dents the bull bar and skid. As for when I hit the bumper, I would hope it takes quit a bit more of a hit than that to set the airbags off. haha It didn't even dent the bumper, just left a scratch on it.
Westin must be made much more durable that mine. My mounts aren't the greatest and I can adjust it just be pushing really hard lol
Old 01-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Westin must be made much more durable that mine. My mounts aren't the greatest and I can adjust it just be pushing really hard lol
The first time I hit mine, I hit it pretty good on a ledge, it pushed the bullbar back just a hair and it was touching the bumper. I just pulled down really hard and it moved a little until it wasn't touching the bumper, but that is the only movement I have seen from it.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #38
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
why am i not subbed to this build
Old 01-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #39

Just updated post 6 of my run to Downey with Cameron. Lots more pics with some videos as well.

This link should take you right to post 6 if you let it load. That way you won't have to sort though all the pics. haha
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post6019084
Old 01-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #40
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Using it and abusing it, nice!!!! Love the choice in tall skinny tires, thinking about going that route too. The sock monkey deer decal is off the hook.