Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The Flying Krawler

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #42
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
I know right! If only....
Old 12-30-2014, 05:54 PM   #43
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Konsta was right... 3 missing teeth on the Ring gear

I'll give ECGS a call tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post

what does the pinion look like?
The teeth are a little nicked up but overall it's fine.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #48

Quote:
so you just getting a new ring? both
Ring and pinion sell in pairs so it would be dumb not to do both I think.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
I'm glad for that. I wonder at what point that happened.
Somewhere between Culvers and leaving the pavement... My question is why.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #53

Quote:
4.88's bro that is why
Oh? haha
Old 12-30-2014, 06:43 PM   #58
Red Hair Don't Care
dakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dakota
dakotasyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
I thought, going out on an uneducated limb again, that 4.88s were better suited for bigger tires than 33s?

Maybe its all this jumping his shit in the sand?
Old 12-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #60
I'm Back and Naked
Idaholandho is one of the sharper tools in the shedIdaholandho is one of the sharper tools in the shedIdaholandho is one of the sharper tools in the shedIdaholandho is one of the sharper tools in the shedIdaholandho is one of the sharper tools in the shedIdaholandho is one of the sharper tools in the shedIdaholandho is one of the sharper tools in the shedIdaholandho is one of the sharper tools in the shedIdaholandho is one of the sharper tools in the shedIdaholandho is one of the sharper tools in the shedIdaholandho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Tired
Name: Chris
Idaholandho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
I thought, going out on an uneducated limb again, that 4.88s were better suited for bigger tires than 33s?

Maybe its all this jumping his shit in the sand?
A very debated discussion in the off road venue. I have run more 4.88 on 33's than anything I have driven and love the pairing.
In fact, the LC I just sold Username I installed Yukon 4.88s and when I serviced the rear a couple of months ago, they looked brand new.
I do not think his penchant for flying through the air has anything to do with it.

So many variables. But, why is a very important question to answer. Otherwise, it is going to continue to stress the ring.

Products Discussed in this Thread