LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The Flying Krawler

Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
The Flying Krawler

How it looks now:

Bumpers and skids were made by Ben, btnewman, check him out!

The front!

The rear!

The side!

The bottom!

And some not so intense crawling... I need to get out again!

Got Escalator on Hell's revenge in the dark though

And last but not least some flying!!

Thanks for checking out the thread. It's loaded with all kinds of pics from installs to wheeling and camping. Feel free to ask me questions if you have any. Updates to the build are scattered throughout the thread now since I ran out of reserved posts. haha

Got a bunch of new parts just waiting to be installed!!

Added some pretty shock up front! 8" Travel ORI's from BAMF. and some super bumps for the front.

And I have this huge pile of stuff to install yet. DMZ SUA kit, 16" Kings and King hydro bumps plus a lot of gussets.

Rear LT setup:

Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Added some links in to help you navigate through the BS in here. Most of these links are very picture heavy so you may have to give them some time to load.

The day I brought it home and some early mods
Moab Trip 2012
Some post-Moab mods - Gears, locker, sliders
My 1st two SIK meets (Southeast Idaho Krawlers)
Southeast Idaho TW meet
Snow Wheeling in Downey
New front plate bumper!
Another trip out to the dunes with Cameron (shutterbug) - The first time it flew!
SIK meet number 3
Spring Break at Ben's house (btnewman) in Colorado getting my Skinkwerks rear bumper and skids on!
SIK meet 4
Primered the rear bumper
Dunes with Brant (Mr.TRD)
A little wheeling with Caleb (not a member here)
More Downey wheeling with Cameron and Cameron's pics
Camping in Downey with Cameron
Killed my 2nd driveshaft... some pics of wheeling that day
More dunes with Cameron and his pics and some jump vids and crawling vids
Took Cameron through Hell's Half Acre and some of Cameron's pics
SIK meet 5
Went back up Trail Creek solo and then again with Konsta (rctoy)
Installed a 42DD Stealth catch can and got my new custom plates on
Took Bob (Nyco) and Marc (SconnieHailer) through Hell's Half Acre and Marc's pics
Got my ORI struts installed up front and went wheeling up Boulder Creek with JW (n0rth) and a couple vids and JW's pics
Built my own 4 way tire inflator
ORI install photos and some wheel travel measurements up front
A little Christmas Eve snow wheeling in Downey with Cameron
DMZ kit install
First test run on it
Mountain Dew mod
A little beside carnage and the vid to go with it
Wheeling at the dunes with Cameron
Shock tower install and here and here
First run with the shocks
SIK meet 6 with some vids
Got my switch panel in
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Atleast it wasn't Green!

Finally going to start on a build thread.

I had been back from my 12 month deployment to Iraq for about a month when I bought my 2005 Double Cab 4x4 TRD Offroad Toyota Tacoma at a Ford dealership here in Idaho on Oct 19, 2011. Only had 11,800 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. It is also one of the rare Pre-09 taco's that has full traction control which includes A-Trac.

Day I bought it: (yes all that chrome was already there when I bought it!! haha)

List of mods/accessories I have found that were done to it when I bought it:
-LED interior lighting conversion
-Light up 4x4 switch
-OEM Roof rack (sold it)
-toolbox
-carbon fiber trim all over interior
-toyota toolbox
-License plate frame backup (May have killed it...)
-Toyota Elblem trailer hitch cover (killed it at the dunes...)
-Westin Ultimate 3" bull bar (pretty beat up now from wheeling)
-PIAA lights on bull bar
-Redling Racing Hood Struts
-Tailgate lowering strut
-Tailgate reenforcement plate (tailgate weighs a ton now)
-TSB leaf pack w/ 1.5" AAL
-5100's all around (front set at .85")
-Black Raceline Raptor 16x8" wheels with 265/70/16 Michelin LTX A/T's
-LED Tail lights (not sure if these are factory or aftermarket)
-Timbren bumpstops in the rear
-possibly aftermarket horns (not really sure)
-Trailer brake controller
-Pioneer touchscreen Stereo for backup camera
-Seatcovers and nice rubber floor mats
-Bed mat and Bed extender
-Oem tube steps
-Chrome Rocker panels (I get shit about these all the time on here, but I think it would be too much of a pain to remove them without damaging the paint)
-bug deflector on hood
-locking gas cap
-chrome exhaust tip

Carbon fiber Trim:

More trim plus stereo

Toolbox, backup camera, hitch cover, taillights, roofrack

Gray seat covers front and rear

Raceline Raptor's with factory sized Michelin LTX's

Hood struts, bull bar, PIAA's, and horns (anyone know anything about them?)

Tailgate strut and tailgate re-enforcement
(Need to get a pic of these)

First time using her! Was elk hunting in Soda Springs and the Michelin's didn't really agree with about 2" of snow and a somewhat steep hill. Got about 30 feet up it and then slid all the way back down it... Scared the shit out of me!! Thought I was going to slide my 1 month old pickup into a tree at the bottom... Chained up all 4 wheels and had no problem getting up it though

Ended up getting an elk that year too First and so far only elk I have shot. Had to hike my ass off for her though... Took me two days to back pack her out after that too...

On to my Pre-Moab mods Not sure exactly what order and I may be forgetting some but here we go:
-Power tail gate lock that opens on 2nd click
-sold the roof rack and got some ditch covers (or whatever those are called)
-Added OME 886 coils set at 0, to replace the factory TRD coils
-Added Light Racing UCA's
-Destroyed my factory ring and pinion... (had it replaced under extended warranty)
-installed a cheapo cb from walmart with a 4ft superflex antenna
-Got me some Sock Monkey decals
-Got some BFG KM2's in 255/85R16 (33"x10")
-Removed front and rear mud flaps and tube steps
-Removed the Sway bar
-Added an ultra gauge
-Got a custom fit sunshield
-Got a rear view mirror relocation bracket
-Broke 15,000 miles
-Removed the oem air filter and secondary charcoal filter and added an AFE pro dry filter.
-Developed a terrible whine in the rear diff (probably due to the mechanic using a crush washer instead of a solid spacer when installing the new R&P)
-had a rear wheel cylinder randomly start leaking

Right around Christmas 2011, was at a stop on a paved road and punched the throttle, heard some god awful clunking noises and come to find out my R&P chipped a bunch of teeth off of each other...

886's, and LR UCA's and sway bar delete

TRD Offroad coil vs OME 886

Spring compressors are fucking scary!! These were definitely not rated to compress a spring of this rating I still needed to compress them a few inches before they would fit on the shocks and the compressors were already bending pretty good...

Final product

Before and After

Taco brake light and Toyota Muley decals

Idaho TRD Offroad decals

Mirror Relocation bracket, guy on here sells them, I got one of the first ones

Leaking Wheel cylinder, picked one up at autozone for like $12

Ultraguage, got it during a group buy

Sold the Roofrack (I think it looks better without it)

CB install

Cut hole in bottom to run wiring

33" KM2's

Sunshield
(Will add pic later)
Removed OEM Tubesteps, Look at all that clearance under the chrome! haha
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
Atleast it wasn't Green!

I went to the 2012 Taco Takeover meet in Moab, UT in May. I met up with Ben (m3bassman) and Adam (TwistedFreedom) and we made our way to Salt Lake and stayed the night there.
Pic by Ben, Just left Pocatello, ID

That morning we got on the road and met up with Mike (Digiratus) and Mark (The Raisin) for breakfast in Orem, UT.
[Need to find a pic]
From there we made our way to Moab and hit up the White Rim trail. You can only have 3 rigs in a group so I rode with Ben and Mark road with Mike and we left 2 rigs at the trail head. White Rim is a 90 mile trail that we broke into 2 days by camping at Potato Bottom. It is not a challenging trail, but is probably the most scenic trail down there. Was a great trail to start on
Terrible trailhead pic (will try to come up with a better one)

Very early on the trail

View into the canyon we were about to drop in to

The switchbacks into the canyon

Mike heading down the switchbacks

Adam on the trail

Scenery and shit

Ben out there

Adam living life on the edge

Me living life on the edge

Potato Bottom camp site

Adam's bed for the night

Mark out on the arch/bridge

3 ducks in a row

White rim is a very long and scenic trail and I wasn't driving so I took a ton of pictures on it compared to the other trails...
We picked up the vehicles we left at the trail head and headed for Area BFE. We set up camp and waited for Mark, Monte and the others to show up.

I don't remember for sure but I believe it was the next day that we went on our first challenging trail, 7 mile. Not exactly a hard trail, but fun
Coincidentally we took 7 rigs on this trail. haha.
*In order by pic* Monte(blackdawg) w/ Jessica(?), Mark(IDtrucks) w/ Aleks(?), Ben(m3bassman), Adam(TwistedFreedom), Me, Mike(Digiratus) w/ Mark(The Raisin), Ben(btNewman).

Starting the trail:

I let a little bit too much air out of this one. haha My shitty pressure gauge still said it was at 18 psi, but a better guage put it at 8.

Zero flex up front thanks to the OME 886's and no front plate bumper. haha

Nice view

First major obstacle

Not too bad with a good line

Again, no flex up front. haha

Who needs a good line when you have a locker haha. Was cake for the locked guys.

The crack!

Monte had just gone through the crack as I rounded the corner, so I missed it, but when his front tire reached the bottom of the crack it jerked his steering wheel around and broke his hand pretty badly... I didn't attempt the crack due to a lack of armor...
(I'll look for some pics I took of his homemade cast, haha)
The next day pretty much the entire Tacoma Takeover group went on Hell's Revenge. Awesome trail! I was the tail of the pack.
The start

Posing

Almost touching the bumper

The view

Silas broke a cv and got stuck and need a tug

Then silas broke a 2nd cv here and needed another tug... don't have a pic of the tow this time

Hit up elephant hill the next day. Another fun trail but quite the drive to get to...

Tight squeeze! haha

The view, where the Colorado River meets the Green River. Seen the different colors.

Time to head back

Got a little big of droop going...

I believe those were the only trails I drove. I rode on a night run of fins n things and then on Kane's Creek.
Found this thing towards the start on Kane's Creek. Had to get towed out of there.

No where to stuff the wheels...

Jerry's turn

and I either didn't take anymore pics or lost them... hmm...

Anyway had a great time at Moab! One of the funnest things I have ever done in my life!
Also you can find many, many more pics of our trip in the Moab section.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
Atleast it wasn't Green!

After Moab I continued to mod the Taco. First things first was to figure out what that awful whine was my rear diff have developed. It started when I had less than 800 miles on the new diff and was still running factory sized tires but I didn't think much of it. I really started to notice it at Moab (I don't think it got any worse I think I just became more aware of it...). After doing some diagnosing we decided that it was for sure coming from the rear diff so we dropped the diff to take a look. When we drained the diff there were quite a few shavings in it but it was a new ring and pinion. We also found a chip in the ring gear. It is small and I probably wouldn't have worried about it except that it was in the pinion pattern so the pinion traveled over it. We never did determine if the chip may have caused the noise or if one of the bearing were bad or what.

So I just went ahead and ordered some assembled 4.88's with an ARB up front and my Taco sat like this for about 2 weeks in Brant's driveway, Thanks Brant (Mr.TRD)!

Only pic I took of the whole install... Sorry. haha. ARB airline

First time using a grinder. Removed the unused ABS mount to make room for the ARB compressor

Compressor is bolted down and leak proof

Holy fucking switches! Had to put two behind the dash to make room for these two.

The 4.88's are awesome and the locker is great when it is needed too!

Next up was my BAMF bolt-on sliders
Delivery

Polished them all up to get them ready to be primered and painted.

All installed now Check out the reflection in that chrome

Found a problem though... The kickouts were so close to the rear doors that lifting the sliders at all would raise them just enough for the rear doors to hit the sliders... Not a major issue but you never know.
No weight on Slider:

Both passenger tires off the gound via jack under slider kickout (basically worst case secenario); barely catches but is enough to stop the door from opening.

If the kickouts were there you almost can't even tell the sliders are there from a little ways back.

Turned it over to 17,000 miles shortly after this too (July 2nd-ish, 2012).

Somewhere in all this I did a few electrical mods. Followed this thread I believe. I also made a pretty good write up of this as an English class project. Just PM if you would like it
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post45412
ABS/Trac kill switch (05's don't come with a VSC off switch)
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-mod-pics.html
2wd low mod, with the flip of a switch my open diff now become an electronic limited slip via A-Trac in 2wd now
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...wd-lo-mod.html

Not sure if I have forgotten anything in between here...

The most recent mod was a 1" BL with the help of Konsta (RCToy)
Not the best pic, but it works for now.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
Atleast it wasn't Green!

So a few months ago I started meeting up with a local wheeling group here called, Southeast Idaho Krawlers, or SIK for short. They hold a meeting every month and try to plan at least 1 trip every month. I have gone on 2 of them now.

The first one was in September. We went out to some open land that was full of lava rock formations that we could go play on. There were 5 of us there. Everyone was on 35's and SAS'd/SFA except for RJ and I, we were both on 33's but RJ's Cherokee has an SFA. I was pretty much the least capable rig there. Well needless to say I tried following John up a ledge and his 35's and shorter wheelbase spared him, but I caught my driveshaft on the ledge and banged it up pretty good... (I didn't get hardly any pics for this meet, sorry...)
John in his '94 Pre-Taco (This wasn't the ledge, this was later)

RJ in his Cherokee:

Tracy in his Cherokee:

Didn't get any pics of Frank's '94 Pre-Taco.

My driveshaft after the ledge...

I drove it home on the freeway, and it vibrated really, really badly! Luckily I have a friend who works at the Toyota dealership who hooked me up with what was a supposedly bad driveshaft replaced under warranty, but was in great shape actually. (Guy was crazy or drove like a total retard I guess...) So now I have a wheeling driveshaft as well

Well we came to this narrow spot we had to squeeze through and I had to straddle a rock. Turns out the rock was just a little too tall and I ended up a little high centered on it. It left it's trail of carnage though. haha

That rock made a trail from the bull bar all the way to my rear diff. It wrecked the bull bar skid, destroyed my factory skids, dented my y-pipe, scraped up my frame and the plastic fuel tank skid, and scratched my rear diff housing a little. Was quite the rock... haha From that point on my bull bar has been straight up used as armor.

That night Frank had left and Tony showed up. He drives a caged 4-runner/Pre-Taco thing that is on 40's. It is pretty much just a cage. We were near some dunes so we went and played in them in the dark, was a lot of fun! Only pics I have are of Tony getting high-centered on a rock that was bigger than his rig!

I missed the October meet because of my military obligations and I missed the main November meet because of Thanksgiving, but I caught a small side meet just before Thanksgiving. We went to another area that is an actual trail out through the sage brush and you get to play on some lava rock formations again (lots of lava rock in Southeast Idaho if you didn't notice haha, look up "Craters of the Moon"). Ben (M3Bassman) was in the area but didn't have his Taco so I picked him up for the meet. I met up again with John and RJ, and this time Nate joined us. He drives a Jeep Commache on 37's.

Ben's pics:

We fell in a "hole" haha. We were Bsing and not really paying attention, cuz it was a "mild" part of the trail and I went to take the corner and the front passenger side just dropped. Surprised both of us

You can't see it in this pic but we dropped so much that the back tire is several inches off the ground. (Yes I look like a retard in this pic... I think I was telling Ben to come check out the tire in the air)
'
More of Ben's pics:

Well towards the end of the trail, I had to bump up a ledge. I plowed the bull bar into the ledge and as I bumped up on to it, I hear my ass end scrape and it sounded different than the usual hitch receiver scrape. So we jumped out and took a look and sure enough it was straight bumper. haha The bottom of the bottom hooked a rock just barely and it peeled the bumper back like nothing. Two of us hung off the tailgate and jumped up and down on the bumper though and it wouldn't even budge. haha
The rock:

The ledge I bumped up:

Well I went over the top and we took a few pics of the bumper and continued on. Not 5 minutes later I got myself in trouble again by following the guy on 37's. haha
Passenger side this time... haha At least I made them match, ay! haha

Didn't actually look at what i did, but it was a path of just loos big rocks and I think I spun one up a little bit into the bumper.

Final result... haha

Good think I wanted a plate bumper in the rear anyway huh, haha. Now I am just getting one sooner rather than later. haha

We have a little TW meet planned here for next weekend (Dec 22-23), if the world doesn't end that is We'll see if I can destroy anything else... haha. Should be a mild meet though, we are hoping for a snow run really.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #7
Atleast it wasn't Green!

TW meet in SE Idaho
Day 1: Moonlight Mine Road: Cameron(shutterbug), Brant(MrTRD), Konsta(RCtoy), Ben(m3bassman), and 3 other local guys in non-tacos.
These are what my wife took, not exactly exciting and not really in any order sorry.

Day 2: Cameron and I playing at the Lake Channel Dunes (everyone else bailed on us for day 2... haha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a1wK1cJLx4

Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
Atleast it wasn't Green!

So I went down to Doweny, ID (about 30 minutes south of me) and went wheeling with Cameron (shutterbug) on his parent's farm land basically. Had a lot of fun, got stuck once and had to dig myself out with a shovel. After I got stuck I had so much snow packed in to everything that it stopped my fan from spinning By the time I noticed this my ultraguage was reading 257*F! Jumped out popped the hood, saw the fan wasn't spinning so I shut the engine off and freed up the fan. While I was freeing up the fan I could hear the coolant boiling... Good thing it was only like 3*F outside or that could have been catastrophic...
These are all the pics of the day that I/my wife took

I hit this drift doing about 35-40mph and I still didn't quit get through it. haha. Just got myself highcentered. Luckily it didn't take too much shovel work to get me out.

That is Cameron's spare tire from when he turned around. I thought it was kind of cool.

These are Cameron's pics of the day:

And saved the best for last, some videos!
Cameron:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QseLT...ature=youtu.be
Me in 2Lo and locked in the rear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HLNd...ature=youtu.be
Me in 4Lo and locked in the rear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peEJv...ature=youtu.be
Me in 4Lo and locked front and rear (these seemed to work best):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_zKH...ature=youtu.be
Old 11-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #9
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
All the reserves! \o/

Nice looking build btw!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #10
Atleast it wasn't Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
All the reserves! \o/
Yep have lots to add yet and lots of plans for the future

Feel free to add pics Ben or give me access to your photobucket albums
Old 11-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
How did you get the front chains on with no lift?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #12
Atleast it wasn't Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
How did you get the front chains on with no lift?
The front 5100's are set at .85 but I never had a clearance problem at all with the chains.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #13
YotaBoyz is on a distinguished road

Name: John
YotaBoyz's Tacoma Gallery
What the hell is that thing towards the end of the pictures?? Never seen that car thing haha
Old 11-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #14
Atleast it wasn't Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
this is going to be good. missing a couple pictures though. like your new "custom" bumper

isuzu vehicross
There's a time line man. haha. I'm still in Moab. haha Haven't even got to the gears and front locker yet, let alone the custom rear bumper
Old 11-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck look sick man, the chrome is not that bad to be honest, its sorta subtle, lol.

You like the 5100's, considering getting some at 1.75 with a 1.5 aal
Old 11-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #16
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i like the stance of that white one. Hmm...
Old 11-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #17
Atleast it wasn't Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Your truck look sick man, the chrome is not that bad to be honest, its sorta subtle, lol.

You like the 5100's, considering getting some at 1.75 with a 1.5 aal
Thanks man! Personally I like the way the chrome looks with the silver and black, but everyone on this site hates chrome. haha. Since it would be a pain in the ass to take it all off, I just embrace it

I would say I like them, but I don't really have anything to compare them to... They were on there when I bought it. I still get comments about how smooth it rides, even though I think it rides like a tank with those 886's up front. haha
Old 11-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Thanks man! Personally I like the way the chrome looks with the silver and black, but everyone on this site hates chrome. haha. Since it would be a pain in the ass to take it all off, I just embrace it

I would say I like them, but I don't really have anything to compare them to... They were on there when I bought it. I still get comments about how smooth it rides, even though I think it rides like a tank with those 886's up front. haha
Haha! People tell me the stock suspension feels good too. lol i dont notice it riding well/bad, but if the 5100's are good, then i may buy them, me being a prerunner Spindles(~800$) will give me 4" of lift with no change in the truck geometry, so i'll just need some better shocks around for the ride enhancement, and i suppose some expos for the rear but thanks for the input
Old 12-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #19
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
What happened to your bumper??

Nice truck though! Great pictures..
Old 12-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #20
Atleast it wasn't Green!

Thanks! Haha. I haven't got to that part in the build yet, but I was out crawling and caught it on a rock. I have some plate bumpers being built for me now though